April 26, 2024, 12:24:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Baker D D 7 in a 2016 Road Glide.

Started by Gerry Smith, August 26, 2019, 12:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerry Smith

Any one running a DD 7 in a newer touring bike with a 33 tooth front belt sprocket? What would first gear be like? :chop:
Just do it while you can.

boooby1744

I will still be lower than stock,as will all gears except 7th. I think you should be able to find out on the Baker site.

Gerry Smith

I was wanting to know from some one that is running this setup. 
Just do it while you can.

bteski

I've got a DD7 in my 2015 CVO Road Glide, I also built the motor to a 117, Charts in the dyno section, I like the lower 1rst gear & the spread on the rest, I'm never hunting a gear it just works, I would do it again.  Bike with me weighs 1260 pds
Cheers Bob
My friend says having a fast Harley is like being the smartest kid in summer sch

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Baker has both a Calculator and Specifications. It should also be in the Installation Instructions which are easily downloadable.
Tom

boggart

33 tooth front drive pulley would raise the overall drive ratio in 1st gear from 10.81 to 10.48 and 7th from 2.87 to 2.788.  Stock first gear being 9.30 and stock 6th gear being 2.875

http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/Gearratio.htm

First gear would be a lot lower than stock, but higher than just the DD7.  Personally I think that makes the gearing too high on top gear for me

jsachs1

IMO, the DD7 gear ratios are spot on. I wouldn't change a thing. :up:
John