April 26, 2024, 12:00:11 PM

News:

2012 103 clutch slippage

Started by JT Metal, July 19, 2019, 07:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT Metal

Only in the top of first does this happen. Under hard Accel. Would an s.e. diaphragm solve this problem? 101/112 hp/tq. 25k redline shockproof
Let me know your thoughts.......

tdrglide

Depends, where did you put the shockproof?

doctorevil

25 k on 100+ motor you got your moneys worth. Now you got the excuse to install a primo or barnett and you wont be sorry.I also hope you dont have shockproof in that primary or why would you mention that?

JT Metal

Hahaha.......sorry. redline transfluid. I had shockproof on my mind.

doctorevil

And the correlation of the trans fluid-clutch slippage ?

JT Metal

Just stating. Maybe someone has had issues and would redirect me based on bad experiences

FXDBI

SE spring will make a difference I did the spring and a SE clutch pack and haven't had any problems .  Bob

boggart

Alto Carbonite +1 clutch discs resolved that issue for me.

jmorton10

Bandit Sportsman, last clutch you'll ever have to buy.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

les

Quote from: FXDBI on July 19, 2019, 11:01:41 AM
SE spring will make a difference I did the spring and a SE clutch pack and haven't had any problems .  Bob

On top of that I added the SE VPC on my 124" (148 ft/lbs of torque) and I don't slip.

JT Metal

Quote from: boggart on July 19, 2019, 11:21:29 AM
Alto Carbonite +1 clutch discs resolved that issue for me.
I see two different part #'s. Can you confirm.....

095750BC & 095750NC

doctorevil

alto clutch sets in my shop 95750NC

JT Metal

Quote from: doctorevil on July 19, 2019, 02:26:08 PM
alto clutch sets in my shop 95750NC

Thank you Doc. I am 20 miles from J&P cycles in Ormand beach, fl. Going to try and resolve this tomorrow. Not a lot of info on Alto. If there's an issue, They will sell me something else. Lol. I know.....it sounds bad.
Thank you Doc.

doctorevil

They should have them in stock,if not get the barnett.Dont let them tell you to save a few bucks and sell you v twin twin power clutch sets.

I ran the pink dot diaphragm spring on a 96" with cams 97/106. $30, easy clutch pull and never slipped.

JT Metal

:nix:
Quote from: doctorevil on July 19, 2019, 03:17:45 PM
They should have them in stock,if not get the barnett.Dont let them tell you to save a few bucks and sell you v twin twin power clutch sets.
Hahaha. That's funny you say that. I had my eyeball on it this morning. Lol....."Potty mouth".
Thanks, doc......for helping me on my journey.

BTW....Where's your business out of?

doctorevil

SO CAL ride 365 days a year no hurricanes to dodge LOL

IronButt70

Quote from: doctorevil on July 19, 2019, 03:52:10 PM
SO CAL ride 365 days a year no hurricanes to dodge LOL
Only earthquakes. :bike:
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

JT Metal

Ride fast & take chances.......

That's what we all do......

JT Metal

Hey doc......I was looking for clarification on getting started with install. Not very clear. I assume the thin shim & jutter spring are removed. And start things with thin friction then jutter spring (not clearwhich way it goes) then follow by friction then steel & so forth.

doctorevil

First small friction plate .second small spring plate looks like a bowl facing you. now alternate your frictions and steels.

FSG

So that Alto 095750NC is doing away with the Damper Spring Seat ?

doctorevil

the alto kit has 9 steels and 10 friction discs 1 more each than stock. stack ht is correct.

FSG

Quote from: doctorevil on July 21, 2019, 08:39:38 PM
the alto kit has 9 steels and 10 friction discs 1 more each than stock. stack ht is correct.

I know BUT your previous post says

QuoteFirst small friction plate .second small spring plate looks like a bowl facing you. now alternate your frictions and steels.

your use of friction plate is somewhat confusing, are you refering to items 3 and 4

Hillside Motorcycle

OEM fiber plates and steels with a Barnett spring and a VPC 95LT, holds 150/150.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"