September 20, 2024, 08:23:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

needle bearings

Started by dusty1, July 15, 2010, 05:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dusty1

Ordered some new caged needle bearings for a new countershaft cluster and they're INA,not Torrington.I was always told INA cam bearings were crap.I think they were made in Germany,these are made here.Just wondering if i should send them back & order Torrington bearings instead of the INA.Anyone used them?

easyricer

I've had this discussion with the bearing house here in town. They said that the INA is a cheaper version of the Torringtons but have the same rating. If it were me, I'd still go with the Torringtons but it's based on personal reasons, not quality. I buy mine locally when I can.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

xlfan

The INA/Torrington cam bearing stuff, was due to the fact that the INA cam bearing was caged and had fewer rollers (cheaper production) than the Torrington. The Torrington was not caged, and therfore had a lot more rollers and bearing surface than the INA. I don't believe INA bearings in itself are bad bearings.

xlfan