May 01, 2024, 10:28:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

107" WT 120HP POJECT, WHICH CAM ,WT 26 VS 46 WT

Started by GoFast....., November 11, 2008, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoFast.....

November 11, 2008, 06:34:25 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:27:51 AM by GoFast.....
Been thinking for a while about pulling the trigger on this porject. It is going on a 07 FLHX Street Glide. Do I go with the cam that comes in early or go with the Big Bad Dog Cam? What do you guys think. Here are the pistons,

Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Mix01FLHT

01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

wfolarry

POORBOY

If I could get anywhere close to the build John Sachs did THATS the one for me, matter a fact that's what I am working on now.
103 WT pistons .010 Over
46g cams
57mm TB with the 1.800 manifold matched to ports
SE Crank done by Darkhorse
Starter Map from Mike Rolland
CR 10.71/1 front
CR 10.67/1 rear  This may be to high Rolland said to say 10.5 with this cam  Maybe the WFO Grooves will take of any ping issue
Energy One Clutch with 25% stronger Spring and VPC
New Injectors
D&D Fatcat or Supertrap 2n1
Only hold back could be the heads, uncharted water here, used 1.940 intake with over sized seats and 1.570 exhaust.
Waiting on .045 HG hope to have fire in the hole by the weekend.

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

jsachs1

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 11, 2008, 08:08:19 PM
If I could get anywhere close to the build John Sachs did THATS the one for me, matter a fact that's what I am working on now.
103 WT pistons .010 Over
46g cams
57mm TB with the 1.800 manifold matched to ports
SE Crank done by Darkhorse
Starter Map from Mike Rolland
CR 10.71/1 front
CR 10.67/1 rear  This may be to high Rolland said to say 10.5 with this cam  Maybe the WFO Grooves will take of any ping issue
Energy One Clutch with 25% stronger Spring and VPC
New Injectors
D&D Fatcat or Supertrap 2n1
Only hold back could be the heads, uncharted water here, used 1.940 intake with over sized seats and 1.570 exhaust.
Waiting on .045 HG hope to have fire in the hole by the weekend.

That sounds like a preety expensive setup for a poorboy. If you are firing it up this weekend, I my as well stay right here instead of going to the movies this weekend :pop:

GoFast.....

Quote from: jsachs1 on November 12, 2008, 05:41:32 AM
TC 46. :up:
John
First of all John, Could you make sure you repost the 103 WT DYNO Sheet on the new HTT. It was one of the Top numbers for a 103,

Second how are the 46s going to do on the down low with the bagger

POORBOY

GOFAST      Poorboy fits now, I'm so broke can't pay attention  :cry:
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

kevmac

I talked with bob wright yesterday about my 103 build for an 07 bag and he said tc-4! I guess the 46 is just a little more, anyone wanna buy a tc-26d????? :wink:
07 RK 103 bob wright heads, wt4d, and so on.
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

jsachs1

Gofast,
Optimize the compression,and the cams will do just fine down low.
John

GoFast.....

Quote from: kevmac on November 12, 2008, 02:57:35 PM
I talked with bob wright yesterday about my 103 build for an 07 bag and he said tc-4! I guess the 46 is just a little more, anyone wanna buy a tc-26d????? :wink:
There is a tc4 and a tc46, The 46 has more lift and yes I would be interested in the 26 for the right price: palsers@gmail.com

Deye76

GoFast, whose doing the heads? If it's Wright , Sachs, or the WT's you're in. :up:
I ran those cams in a 95" and they are different, maybe deceptive is the best way for me to describe them. They still come on good down low, but the difference is they're not as "violent" as some, very smooth. And they won't run out of steam up top.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

RevFastEddy

Well if you do go for a 46 I have one for a gear drive. only about 1000 on it. looks like new. bout 1/2 price.
lanc@silvercrow.com
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Mike52

Quote from: Deye76 on November 12, 2008, 06:01:49 PMI ran those cams in a 95" and they are different, maybe deceptive is the best way for me to describe them. They still come on good down low, but the difference is they're not as "violent" as some, very smooth. And they won't run out of steam up top.

Deye76, that's a great way to describe the Wild Things cams. I've found the same to be true with the TC26 cams in the right application.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Admiral Akbar

Poorboy

I'd think that with youre 1.57 exhaust valve you might want to make sure you have enough exhaust flow. I'd say 10.7 with the 46 is a cakewalk..

Max

POORBOY

Max -will see what happens

Gofast  the 46g sure has one hell of a badass sound going thru heat cycle,
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

ejk_dyna

November 13, 2008, 04:40:00 PM #17 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:41:50 PM by ejk_dyna
<<Wood 9B or 9F will take you there as well.>>

...you are correct...just not on this bike...this here is Wild Thing Country   :wink:

skyhook

I like the lift of the 46...if you're willing to invest in bulletproofing the crank, gear drive and corrected valvetrain geometry...why not take advantage of a .625 cam?...with a set of heads to support the cams, you'll have a winner...I've stayed below .600 on my several builds, and left some power on the table...nevermore!!!!
always seem to get their azz wet?

POORBOY

you are correct...just not on this bike...this here is Wild Thing Country   

Right on EJK, hit the starter with no releases @ 10.7 and it turns like a stock.
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 13, 2008, 03:47:57 PM
Max -will see what happens

Gofast  the 46g sure has one hell of a badass sound going thru heat cycle,
poorboy keep us posted on that bad boy

POORBOY

November 14, 2008, 08:14:15 PM #21 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:07:59 AM by POORBOY
Gofast I think the 46g is what you will want, I did not pull it above 3500 rpms this evening, Tq is very strong down low, just babing it around you can tell it has plenty, not been up top yet so still don't know if the heads will handle it,so far I like what I've seen. Topend suprised me how quite it is for a .625 lift,starts easy without the releases,no kickbacks, fires on first stroke.
Got some tuning to do will let you know hit or miss.

Thanks Mike Roland for the starter map really helps.

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Showdog75

Poorboy , you gonna need a measuring stick anytime soon ?    :pop:

POORBOY

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Mike52

Quote from: Showdog75 on November 15, 2008, 05:17:19 AM
Poorboy , you gonna need a measuring stick anytime soon ?    :pop:

Oh hell no, Ron, I can't believe he's thrown down the gauntlet so soon   :duel: It might be time for revenge from his last spanking, but you still can't count the Showdog out, there might be another trick up his sleeve. :wink:......his 'little' 95"er sure is quick.......

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

POORBOY

Well long as what bottles he brings is drinkable :beer:
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Deye76

Quote from: ejk_dyna on November 13, 2008, 04:40:00 PM

...you are correct...just not on this bike...this here is Wild Thing Country   :wink:

For now anyways, subject to change. 4 years ago this was Woods country. (SBC too) :horse:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Mike52

Quote from: Deye76 on November 15, 2008, 06:18:15 PM

For now anyways, subject to change
. 4 years ago this was Woods country. (SBC too) :horse:

If there is one thing that is certain, it's change, nothing stays the same, but until another 4 years pass and something new and better comes along, it's awful hard to beat the Wild Things cams right now.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

GoFast.....

Quote from: Mike52 on November 15, 2008, 06:26:07 PM
Quote from: Deye76 on November 15, 2008, 06:18:15 PM

For now anyways, subject to change
. 4 years ago this was Woods country. (SBC too) :horse:

If there is one thing that is certain, it's change, nothing stays the same, but until another 4 years pass and something new and better comes along, it's awful hard to beat the Wild Things cams right now.

Mike
I use to run nothing but Wood cams in my bikes and would not consider anything else. They always put up the numbers and never disappointed. The two things that I did not like was the aggressive ramps were hard on the valve train and the noise they make. I started out trying the WT because of Showdogs dyno. I really did not believe they would work and because I did not think you could put those kind of numbers with a 575 in lift and 495 ex lift. I was sure it was just blown up dyno sheet. But my 98" they proved to put up great numbers and so quiet and easy on the valve train. Almost stock quiet. The heads do need to done a little different for the 26 and you need high compression for the good numbers but the cam bleeds so much off on the bottom that most of the time we never have to use the compression releases. It will be interesting how thy do on bigger cubes

Mike52

November 15, 2008, 08:27:19 PM #29 Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 08:32:19 PM by Fatboy_SirGarfield

QuoteI use to run nothing but Wood cams in my bikes and would not consider anything else. They always put up the numbers and never disappointed. The two things that I did not like was the aggressive ramps were hard on the valve train and the noise they make. I started out trying the WT because of Showdogs dyno. I really did not believe they would work and because I did not think you could put those kind of numbers with a 575 in lift and 495 ex lift. I was sure it was just blown up dyno sheet. But my 98" they proved to put up great numbers and so quiet and easy on the valve train. Almost stock quiet. The heads do need to done a little different for the 26 and you need high compression for the good numbers but the cam bleeds so much off on the bottom that most of the time we never have to use the compression releases. It will be interesting how thy do on bigger cubes

Barry, I remember it wasn't that long ago that you would argue your ass off that there was no way the Wild Things cams would perform as well as they did, those that argued the most and loudest were those that hadn't tried them, but as the saying goes, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". It's obvious that you are glad you gave them a shot.  :up:

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

skyhook

November 16, 2008, 04:14:16 AM #30 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 04:35:48 AM by skyhook
must say since I've been involved with harley performance I've not met anyone nicer and more knowledgeable than mike roland and doug lofgren(even though he's gone his own way now)...haven't talked to bob wright, but I imagine he's a class act as well...I even considered going to work at world class couple year ago when mike was hiring...when we built the wife's bike the '07's had just come out...mike was the first one to say that they needed a lot of added timing when built up...he even looked at my build specs and sent me a timing matrix for power commander...this was after calling ten of the popular tuners on the forums, and most said, "we don't give away maps"...so whenever I hear wild things brought up I feel obliged to chime in, sometimes twice...don't judge wild things by the rest of the gaudy dress-up crap that kuryakyn sells
always seem to get their azz wet?

kevmac

...don't judge wild things by the rest of the gaudy dress-up crap that kuryakyn sells

got that right! I've talked with Bob Wright from R and D perf.also. VERY helpful.
07 RK 103 bob wright heads, wt4d, and so on.
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

jack5hd

POORBOY

Gofast   this bike don't even feel like a bagger now,did some tuneing today :teeth:
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Mike52

Ron, I'm expecting an email with the tuning results.............LOL

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 16, 2008, 02:24:55 PM
Gofast   this bike don't even feel like a bagger now,did some tuneing today :teeth:
When can we look to see a dyno sheet on the 103 wt 46

GoFast.....

Quote from: 05FLHTC on November 16, 2008, 06:19:55 PM
The heads need to be done a little different???

I wonder what exactly that means? Would my 103 running with SE performance heads that have been grooved & worked over by WFO Larry fit the little different spec?  I'm right at 10.7 or little higher CR...Hmmm so WT26 or 46???

I like my HQ33 cam but it would be nice to have options to consider later down the road... 
The 26 needs to flow a little more than usual on the exhaust side but the 46 is a standard intake to exhaust ratio

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 16, 2008, 07:24:34 PM

When can we look to see a dyno sheet on the 103 wt 46

Put the stock injectors back in and played with the tune, Now I may put the bigger injectors back in since I know were to set the gm/sec,thanks to Herko he figured out were these set so now maybe I can tune them, before I was lost and was getting way to much fuel even with a SERT map so pulled them out was afraid I was going to wash the cylinders before I got a handle on it. I am going to get it close with the Twin Scann and may try to get someone good to tune it, I really would like to see a Dyno run myself,only down side is I may have to build another one so the wife can keep up.

Let me put it like this Gofast,the 26g cams that came out of this bike were still here just in case the 46g was not what I wanted.
1 set WT 26g cams FOR-SALE

[/quote] Do you have a dyno sheet of the 26s in the bike so we can compare them

POORBOY

Well Gofast the 26g cam is in the bitch, could'nt leave well enough alone,got to see what it does with the 26g, got a feeling the 46 will put the whoop ass on the 26g, I got all week to play,work slow so they give whole week off.
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

V24me

What would be the right build for the 26 in say a 95"?  What heads, pistons, etc?
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

GoFast.....

Quote from: V24me on November 24, 2008, 12:47:02 PM
What would be the right build for the 26 in say a 95"?  What heads, pistons, etc?
Mkie52 is the expert on the 26 95" Build and has posted very impressive dynos. Ask him

GoFast.....

November 24, 2008, 01:58:37 PM #41 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:01:52 PM by GoFast.....
Quote from: POORBOY on November 24, 2008, 11:59:04 AM
Well Gofast the 26g cam is in the bitch, could'nt leave well enough alone,got to see what it does with the 26g, got a feeling the 46 will put the whoop ass on the 26g, I got all week to play,work slow so they give whole week off.
poorboy, The bigger cam is not always in the lead at 60 ft, and by then I am sure I would have the urge to let off. It reminds me of my son. He had this bike that had more down low and would jump out in front of me and every time I was going to drive by him on the top end he would let off the gas. :sswim:
Littlecam Bigcam

jaxhog

I have a 107ci with the wt 46g cams with wt heads big flat tq from 2700rpm to 6000rpm
also have an 08 103ci wt 4 cams Bob Wright heads and also tq over 100# from 2700 through 6000.
from my experence with these I would go with whatever Mike or Bob recomended at World class tuning!
I think they are both great guys and they are not going to steer you wrong!  jack

Showdog75

Ron I hope that isn't gas or indigestion your feeling !   :hyst:

POORBOY

November 24, 2008, 04:52:43 PM #44 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:05:11 PM by POORBOY
I hope that isn't gas or indigestion your feeling !

Could be, I know what the 26 will do in a 95,I'm referring to the 26 in a 103,
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Kevin

Quote from: jaxhog on November 24, 2008, 02:50:23 PM
I have a 107ci with the wt 46g cams with wt heads big flat tq from 2700rpm to 6000rpm
also have an 08 103ci wt 4 cams Bob Wright heads and also tq over 100# from 2700 through 6000.
from my experence with these I would go with whatever Mike or Bob recomended at World class tuning!
I think they are both great guys and they are not going to steer you wrong!  jack

Jax, Is there a dyno sheet from your 107" around?

107" by Hyperformance
R&R St. 5 heads
R&R 615's & cam plate R&R roller rocker

GoFast.....

November 24, 2008, 08:34:25 PM #46 Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:40:51 PM by GoFast.....
Quote from: POORBOY on November 24, 2008, 04:52:43 PM
I hope that isn't gas or indigestion your feeling !

Could be, I know what the 26 will do in a 95,I'm referring to the 26 in a 103,
This is a John Sachs dyno sheet from the old HTT and I hope he does not mind me posting it for him, One of the most impressive 103 dyno sheets you will see. The 46 tq peaks at 5300 and the HP at 6300, Now thats a big cam to peak at those numbers. If a 26 carries those same Tq numbers through 6000 you are not going to pull away from him until you are in the top gears.That peak is to high for me. I will start with the baby cam and move up if I have to

jaxhog

Jax, Is there a dyno sheet from your 107" around?

There was on the old site. It was a Bob Wright build, also has Nitrous on it, I don't have a scanner and I'd have to dig for the sheets on it but it was so fast wrapping that I went through 5 or 6 alternator rotors before I found a heavy duty that would stay! I'll try and look up the old dyno sheets on her tomorrow.   jack

Mike52

You gotta love it when you can hit 105tq at 2750rpm, kinda reminds me of a certain 'little' 95".  :hyst:

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

GoFast.....

Quote from: Mike52 on November 24, 2008, 08:42:14 PM
You gotta love it when you can hit 105tq at 2750rpm, kinda reminds me of a certain 'little' 95".  :hyst:

Mike
Ditto Mike, Do not think you are going to out run that little 26(248 duration) on the bottom end :wink:

POORBOY

Dam that little 26g just loves being in a 103, :teeth:
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN