May 01, 2024, 09:18:05 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

107" WT 120HP POJECT, WHICH CAM ,WT 26 VS 46 WT

Started by GoFast....., November 11, 2008, 06:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoFast.....

November 11, 2008, 06:34:25 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 07:27:51 AM by GoFast.....
Been thinking for a while about pulling the trigger on this porject. It is going on a 07 FLHX Street Glide. Do I go with the cam that comes in early or go with the Big Bad Dog Cam? What do you guys think. Here are the pistons,

Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

Mix01FLHT

01FLHT/95/HTCCcnc/.03hg/S&S585/mik48/THeadhybred/SErollerrockers/chainfinaldrive

wfolarry

POORBOY

If I could get anywhere close to the build John Sachs did THATS the one for me, matter a fact that's what I am working on now.
103 WT pistons .010 Over
46g cams
57mm TB with the 1.800 manifold matched to ports
SE Crank done by Darkhorse
Starter Map from Mike Rolland
CR 10.71/1 front
CR 10.67/1 rear  This may be to high Rolland said to say 10.5 with this cam  Maybe the WFO Grooves will take of any ping issue
Energy One Clutch with 25% stronger Spring and VPC
New Injectors
D&D Fatcat or Supertrap 2n1
Only hold back could be the heads, uncharted water here, used 1.940 intake with over sized seats and 1.570 exhaust.
Waiting on .045 HG hope to have fire in the hole by the weekend.

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

jsachs1

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 11, 2008, 08:08:19 PM
If I could get anywhere close to the build John Sachs did THATS the one for me, matter a fact that's what I am working on now.
103 WT pistons .010 Over
46g cams
57mm TB with the 1.800 manifold matched to ports
SE Crank done by Darkhorse
Starter Map from Mike Rolland
CR 10.71/1 front
CR 10.67/1 rear  This may be to high Rolland said to say 10.5 with this cam  Maybe the WFO Grooves will take of any ping issue
Energy One Clutch with 25% stronger Spring and VPC
New Injectors
D&D Fatcat or Supertrap 2n1
Only hold back could be the heads, uncharted water here, used 1.940 intake with over sized seats and 1.570 exhaust.
Waiting on .045 HG hope to have fire in the hole by the weekend.

That sounds like a preety expensive setup for a poorboy. If you are firing it up this weekend, I my as well stay right here instead of going to the movies this weekend :pop:

GoFast.....

Quote from: jsachs1 on November 12, 2008, 05:41:32 AM
TC 46. :up:
John
First of all John, Could you make sure you repost the 103 WT DYNO Sheet on the new HTT. It was one of the Top numbers for a 103,

Second how are the 46s going to do on the down low with the bagger

POORBOY

GOFAST      Poorboy fits now, I'm so broke can't pay attention  :cry:
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

kevmac

I talked with bob wright yesterday about my 103 build for an 07 bag and he said tc-4! I guess the 46 is just a little more, anyone wanna buy a tc-26d????? :wink:
07 RK 103 bob wright heads, wt4d, and so on.
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

jsachs1

Gofast,
Optimize the compression,and the cams will do just fine down low.
John

GoFast.....

Quote from: kevmac on November 12, 2008, 02:57:35 PM
I talked with bob wright yesterday about my 103 build for an 07 bag and he said tc-4! I guess the 46 is just a little more, anyone wanna buy a tc-26d????? :wink:
There is a tc4 and a tc46, The 46 has more lift and yes I would be interested in the 26 for the right price: palsers@gmail.com

Deye76

GoFast, whose doing the heads? If it's Wright , Sachs, or the WT's you're in. :up:
I ran those cams in a 95" and they are different, maybe deceptive is the best way for me to describe them. They still come on good down low, but the difference is they're not as "violent" as some, very smooth. And they won't run out of steam up top.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

RevFastEddy

Well if you do go for a 46 I have one for a gear drive. only about 1000 on it. looks like new. bout 1/2 price.
lanc@silvercrow.com
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Mike52

Quote from: Deye76 on November 12, 2008, 06:01:49 PMI ran those cams in a 95" and they are different, maybe deceptive is the best way for me to describe them. They still come on good down low, but the difference is they're not as "violent" as some, very smooth. And they won't run out of steam up top.

Deye76, that's a great way to describe the Wild Things cams. I've found the same to be true with the TC26 cams in the right application.

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net

Admiral Akbar

Poorboy

I'd think that with youre 1.57 exhaust valve you might want to make sure you have enough exhaust flow. I'd say 10.7 with the 46 is a cakewalk..

Max

POORBOY

Max -will see what happens

Gofast  the 46g sure has one hell of a badass sound going thru heat cycle,
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

ejk_dyna

November 13, 2008, 04:40:00 PM #17 Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:41:50 PM by ejk_dyna
<<Wood 9B or 9F will take you there as well.>>

...you are correct...just not on this bike...this here is Wild Thing Country   :wink:

skyhook

I like the lift of the 46...if you're willing to invest in bulletproofing the crank, gear drive and corrected valvetrain geometry...why not take advantage of a .625 cam?...with a set of heads to support the cams, you'll have a winner...I've stayed below .600 on my several builds, and left some power on the table...nevermore!!!!
always seem to get their azz wet?

POORBOY

you are correct...just not on this bike...this here is Wild Thing Country   

Right on EJK, hit the starter with no releases @ 10.7 and it turns like a stock.
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

GoFast.....

Quote from: POORBOY on November 13, 2008, 03:47:57 PM
Max -will see what happens

Gofast  the 46g sure has one hell of a badass sound going thru heat cycle,
poorboy keep us posted on that bad boy

POORBOY

November 14, 2008, 08:14:15 PM #21 Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 08:07:59 AM by POORBOY
Gofast I think the 46g is what you will want, I did not pull it above 3500 rpms this evening, Tq is very strong down low, just babing it around you can tell it has plenty, not been up top yet so still don't know if the heads will handle it,so far I like what I've seen. Topend suprised me how quite it is for a .625 lift,starts easy without the releases,no kickbacks, fires on first stroke.
Got some tuning to do will let you know hit or miss.

Thanks Mike Roland for the starter map really helps.

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Showdog75

Poorboy , you gonna need a measuring stick anytime soon ?    :pop:

POORBOY

Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Mike52

Quote from: Showdog75 on November 15, 2008, 05:17:19 AM
Poorboy , you gonna need a measuring stick anytime soon ?    :pop:

Oh hell no, Ron, I can't believe he's thrown down the gauntlet so soon   :duel: It might be time for revenge from his last spanking, but you still can't count the Showdog out, there might be another trick up his sleeve. :wink:......his 'little' 95"er sure is quick.......

Mike
Mike52   Tampa Bay,FL
www.harleytechtalk.net