April 26, 2024, 10:32:32 AM

News:

Regarding previous threads about fobs...

Started by Hossamania, March 18, 2020, 07:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbn ent

Quote from: Coyote on March 19, 2020, 10:58:30 AM
Quote from: Coff 06 on March 19, 2020, 10:41:08 AM
On my 06 the code is the last 4 digits of the vin # from the factory.You might start there,I don't think most people bother changing it.         Coff 06

Your dealer did that code. The factory default is 31313

Changing the PIN

1 Select a 5digit (1 thru 9) PIN and record on the wallet card from Owner's Manual.
2 With an assigned fob present, turn ignition key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON
3 Press left turn signal switch 3 times.
4 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in odometer. The first digit will be flashing.
5 Enter first digit (a) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch a times.
6 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit (a) will replace the current in odometer window.
7 Enter second digit (b) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch b times.
8 Press right turn signal switch 1 time and release. The new digit (b) will replace the current in odometer window.
9 Enter third digit (c) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch c times.
10 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (c) will replace the current in odometer window.
11 Enter fourth digit (d) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch d times.
12 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (d) will replace the current in odometer window.
13 Enter fifth digit (e) of new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch e times.
14 Press right turn switch 1 time and release. The new digit (e) will replace the current in odometer window.
15 Before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF. The odometer will return to mileage.
Turning the ignition key to OFF stores the new PIN in the module

Good info!   :up:   Thanks Coyote!
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Hossamania

Quote from: tomcat64 on March 19, 2020, 03:15:32 PM
It's my understanding that there is no "factory" setting for the PIN#, the bikes come in with system non operational, our techs "turn it on" and set the PIN#, our other store does not "arm" the system during set-up for the bikes on the floor, if the customer want the system enables they then set it up. Personally I had mine zero'd out,, AKA, turned off ..

Does that mean you have no code to use if your fob craps out, or you forget it at home, like I heard about someone doing last night?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Coyote

Setting the PIN to all zeros disables security completely.

thumpr54

Mine's a 16......I changed the code(5 digits, I believe) to something I would remember...however I wouldn't be surprised if the default code worked also.....the alarm doesn't sound unless you try to move the bike...ie lift it up off the sidestand...the one time I let the battery on the main fob die I was away from the homestead....by 1500 miles....I could have played with it and figured it out...or looked on my phone, or the owner's manual, for the procedure....just grabbed the other fob...flipped the battery over and was on my way....to buy some batteries...if I practiced the unlock procedure on a monthly basis I might remember it....too many steps for this ole fart.... :wink:
growing old is mandatory-growing up is optional
355 AMS(TAC)DMAFB 73-76 VFW6774

Panzer

I always keep the key and fob in the ignition switch so I never forget it.
The bike has been stolen 4 times and I always got it back.   :SM:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

ultra 08

I just leave the fob in the trunk and put it in my pocket when I get to where i,m going.
2008 105th Anniversary Edition Ultra Classic

PoorUB

I know a guy with a 2012 Limited. 3-4 years back we were talking about the security system and he looked at me and asked, "Does mine have security?" I told him I am sure it does, but he should have noticed the key FOBS. He went on to tell me they were still in the trunk with the owner's manual, never took them out. He travels all over, never locks up his Harley and leaves the keys and FOB in the trunk. The next guy locks up everything, carries 100 pounds of log chain and locks, then secures his ride if he walks into a gas station, and when he comes out, it is gone! :hyst:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

fbn ent

Quote from: Hossamania on March 19, 2020, 04:42:05 PM
Quote from: tomcat64 on March 19, 2020, 03:15:32 PM
It's my understanding that there is no "factory" setting for the PIN#, the bikes come in with system non operational, our techs "turn it on" and set the PIN#, our other store does not "arm" the system during set-up for the bikes on the floor, if the customer want the system enables they then set it up. Personally I had mine zero'd out,, AKA, turned off ..

Does that mean you have no code to use if your fob craps out, or you forget it at home, like I heard about someone doing last night?

:emoGroan: :hyst: :hyst: :slap:
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

tomcat64

cheech

Quote from: Coyote on March 19, 2020, 04:48:25 PM
Digital Technician needed? Or is procedure in owners manual?

Coyote

Quote from: cheech on March 20, 2020, 11:01:30 AM

I use my Centurion to do it. DigTech also. You can't do it with the turn signals.

89 fxrs

Quote from: Coyote on March 20, 2020, 11:06:37 AM
Quote from: cheech on March 20, 2020, 11:01:30 AM

I use my Centurion to do it. DigTech also. You can't do it with the turn signals.

If you set pins to all zeros will that disable the security permanently? Can you explain how to do it with both the Centurion as well as the DigTech?  And please specify what years this works on.
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

1workinman

Quote from: PoorUB on March 19, 2020, 06:42:31 PM
I know a guy with a 2012 Limited. 3-4 years back we were talking about the security system and he looked at me and asked, "Does mine have security?" I told him I am sure it does, but he should have noticed the key FOBS. He went on to tell me they were still in the trunk with the owner's manual, never took them out. He travels all over, never locks up his Harley and leaves the keys and FOB in the trunk. The next guy locks up everything, carries 100 pounds of log chain and locks, then secures his ride if he walks into a gas station, and when he comes out, it is gone! :hyst:
I have thought I buy a couple of those locater chips and install them on both money pits and perhaps one more for my v nose trailer . Not sure how well they work but may be they could help find the bike or set off a alarm if they move

kd

I have Lo/Jack on my RG.  It appears they don't sell it for motorcycles any more.  :nix: There must be others.   One thing to remember is like a security system, it is hunting for towers and the fob all the time.  It / they can drain a system over time if you don't have a tender on it.  If you are using a L-ion battery without discharge protection like AntiGravity provides, you can deplete the battery to the point of no return.  My AntiGravity ATX-30-HD w/ 970 CCA has a low discharge management system that shuts it down before it reaches that critical point.
KD

greenshovel0014

all of this is unnecessary. give me a metal key.

PoorUB

Quote from: greenshovel0014 on April 08, 2020, 02:34:32 PM

I will take a FOB and security over screwing with a key anytime. I like that i can leave the FOB in my pocket and start the motorcycle, or my F150 too. Also walk away and nobody can start it. I wish HD made their FOB work like most manufacturers. No key switch to turn to turn on the bike, just push a button. Or maybe they have by now? :idunno:

With my BMW I never take the FOB out, no keys to lock the trunk or bags either. Have the FOB handy, and push the button on the motorcycle.

Hossamania

jmorton10

Quote from: greenshovel0014 on April 08, 2020, 02:34:32 PM

I agree, my RK has the factory security & I hate it.

I just leave the FOB in my saddlebag...........

I need to scare up a centurian & cancel out the thing.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

FloridaJim5

So, here's a big question for you:  if there's no button is it really a FOB?   
   :idunno: 

PoorUB

Quote from: FloridaJim5 on April 09, 2020, 07:22:59 PM

Sure, why not? After all the word FOB comes from watch fob, a chain attached to a watch for carrying in a waistcoat or waistband pocket. or a small ornament attached to a watch chain. So what does a button have to do with it?

kd

KD

FloridaJim5

Quote from: PoorUB on April 10, 2020, 05:25:53 AM
Quote from: FloridaJim5 on April 09, 2020, 07:22:59 PM

Sure, why not? After all the word FOB comes from watch fob, a chain attached to a watch for carrying in a waistcoat or waistband pocket. or a small ornament attached to a watch chain. So what does a button have to do with it?

FOB also is an acronym for "Finger Operated Button".

https://www.acronymfinder.com/Finger_Operated-Button-(locked-entry)-(FOB).html

PoorUB

Hossamania

FXDBI