April 26, 2024, 02:54:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2018 Lowrider fuel gauge quit.

Started by Harley Pilot, August 11, 2020, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Pilot

So my fuel gauge doesn't work anymore after flashing my bike with my power vision? Any ideas?
Thanks,
Porky.

rigidthumper

Flash the stock map back in and see if the gauge comes back- if so, verify the base map you used is for your model bike- if not, time to troubleshoot.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Harley Pilot

You don't think it compromised the ECU or the BCM do ya?

rigidthumper

No, but some times a line of code is dropped. If the factory map works, maybe just adjust it, or try a different base map.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Harley Pilot

No factory map, but a re-flash did not help. Time to dig out the electrical manual.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Had one this week. After trouble shooting Engineering said to replace the Speedometer which corrected the problem.
Tom

Harley Pilot

Quote from: Pirsch Fire Wagon on August 15, 2020, 10:47:01 AM
Had one this week. After trouble shooting Engineering said to replace the Speedometer which corrected the problem.

Cool, thanks.

motorhogman

Not doubting you a bit....But this is the new world of high tech BS.. Fuel gauge quits working....Replace speedo....Volt meter eratic......Replace wheel bearings..

Yep.. I'm to damn old for all this new stuff... I'll stick with my carb'd 01 FLHT..
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor