April 27, 2024, 12:56:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

texaskatfish

Started by Ohio HD, May 27, 2023, 11:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

May 27, 2023, 11:23:40 AM Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 01:34:29 PM by Coyote
We came across some sad news pertaining to texaskatfish. rigidthumper found this on HD Forums, and the second link I later found on FB, the third is a news article about the crash.

Those that have been here for a long time more than likely interacted with texaskatfish. I never saw him post anything negative, always "the glass is half full" kind of guy. Also most probably knew he was a member and a vice president in his local chapter of B.A.C.A. He always spoke with a strong conviction about the club. It does a lot of good for children that are in need of support.

The photo of Dave is from a post he once made. Dave lived in Colorado for awhile. This was taken at Coal Bank Pass in Silverton Colorado. I've ridden thru there, it's amazing scenery.

It sounds like Dave went out without any lengthy pain or suffering, and that I'm glad of. I'll raise a glass to texaskatfish tonight, he'll be missed by many.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-topic/1433185-how-i-would-like-to-go-out.html

Dave Russell - texaskatfish

https://www.navasotaexaminer.com/article/news/motorcyclist-killed-richards-0

You cannot see attachments on this board.

lilchief

May he rest in peace. He'll be missed by many.

Fugawee

May 27, 2023, 11:35:49 AM #2 Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 11:40:31 AM by Fugawee
Very Sad News...Very Sad.
I read many a Post He placed on here over the years.
My Sincere Condolences to His Family, Friends, and His Club, B.A.C.A.
I'm raising a Glass to Him as I type.

Rest in Peace, Dave.  :sad:

Coff 06

This is horrible news. I know from his posts about the serious accident he had survived years ago.In recent years he spoke highly of his son.
May he rest in peace. I know he will be missed by many.
         Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

truck

This is some lousy news for sure.
Rest In Peace Dave.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

calif phil

Have never met the man, but have had many conversations with him.  Sold him a few Nolan helmets. We talked BACA and it was evident that he gave his all to that wonderful organization. 
I am going to miss his booming voice and phone calls.   RIP TXCatfish. 

jls 64

js

nibroc

:sad:

:chop:       RIP Katfish

jmorton10

Oh no, this is terrible  :sad:

Although I never met Dave in person we had many a discussion over the years (both public & private on a number of different things) & I will definitely miss him.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

FSG

preacher son

Hate to read this, he was a good one and true to his cause  :sad:
FTW          I've had a good life

Acetxx

Rode with David many times. As a matter of fact he lived 5 miles from me. He worked at his job and the rest of his time was dedicated to protecting kids. I did a couple rides with his group to shuttle some kids out of a bad situation. They did more for kids then I knew.

R.I.P Katfish

Coyote

Sad to hear this.  :emsad:

xltjim

Never met him nor had any personal correspondence.  I will say I read his posts and was impressed with the man and his support of such a good cause.  A loss to all.   :beer:  :beer: to you sir.

JohnCA58

YOLO

chopper

Sad to hear this.  I always liked his attitude.
I called him several times when he was laid up in an earlier bad accident.  He was still in the hospital, but still had a positive attitude. I admired him for that....
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

kd

:sad:  of all of the HTT members that I never got to meet or have a discussion with, texaskatfish is one that I will always have great respect for.  I knew what he devoted his time to but after watching the Facebook video in Ohio's post it was driven home how many lives he (and the BACA club) literally save.  I recommend taking the time to do the same.  It's a heck of a story and it choked me up.  I imagine doing the job that's a regular thing for these heroes.

RIP texaskatfish

KD

-deuced-

FXDBI

Ohio HD

To texaskatfish, ride the endless roads.

Rest In Peace Dave     :sad:

You cannot see attachments on this board.

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

twincamzz

not all who wander are lost...

tdrglide

Baggerlady

This is very sad news indeed. I know he was passionate about BACA, and he rode a lot. Makes you wonder what happened? My condolences to his family and friends. :sad:

Clayster

:sad: What rotten news. RIP