May 04, 2024, 09:03:56 AM

News:

2009 throttle control

Started by Golfman, November 01, 2008, 05:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

tried the following today- Lag is gone!  Throttle response is like as if it were cable controlled
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Jeepster

I think what some people are feeling or I should say are not feeling is feed back from the throttle like you would from a throttle with cables. There is a certain amount of "play" the throttle (grip) has before the cable becomes tight and ready to open the throttle plate. With the FBW you don't have that "feel".  At least that is what I'm seeing or feeling.  I have an '09 as well and I had a really hard time getting use to going around corners. What works for me is "brake torquing". I use a little rear brake at the same I start applying some throttle as I go around the corner. All done at the same time it takes away the feeling of the bike wanting to fall over and the sudden acceleration that you might get when you add more power.

Hope this helps
09 Ultra
Jaag 10 row cooler
Amsoil Nanofiber airfilter CVO Muffler TTS Tuner

Golfman

Jeepster:
That is exactly how I have been getting around the problem, temporarily.
I do, however, like the idea of a TTS to "fix" the problem and the "twist grip position" fix  as shown above. On Sat. I will purchase the TTS and have the dealer load the ECM mods for my mufflers and intake and do the twist grip position fix.
Then I will take the TTS home and learn how it works myself for future changes.
Thanks All.

crazybastid83

Why not try the easy route and do what I suggested? Just shut it off by the ignition switch, rather than the kill switch? It is free.

FLTRI

"Why not try the easy route and do what I suggested? Just shut it off by the ignition switch, rather than the kill switch?"
Cause that will only work when the throttle position is out of phase.

The MOCO purposely programmed a "dead spot" in the system. Not sure what they were hoping for but it didn't work and that's why the TTS/ST is the fix. It needs the throttle progresitivity to be altered back to where the hessitation is gone.

Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

fxrp

The MOCO purposely programmed a "dead spot" in the system. Not sure what they were hoping for . . .

UHHHH sales of tuning devices?

Tre_11 FLHX

November 10, 2008, 11:47:53 PM #31 Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:49:44 PM by mzodarg
I read that the MoCo did this lag, due to liability reasons.  Lean surge was what I understood.  Since my scoot is no longer cooking my nads, I applied the values in the above throttle blade control.  Worked great, has the same response as a properly adjust cable throttle.  Also a note to remember.
Shut the bike off at the ignition switch not the the kill switch, this will ensure that you don't accidentally roll the throttle and prevent the High idle.

Just my experience and .02 cents.

Regards,
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Grumpy : (

Axtell, his hadicap is that he's OLD!  LOL

I have an 08 RG and never had the dead spot on acceleration.  You do need a few extra rpms when taking off though, it seems to lug if you don't.  The gap I've noticed was on deceleration when coasting down real slow for a turn onto a side street, etc.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

axtell

I have underware older than some of you... :wink:

Kuda

Probably NOT what you're talking about, but on my '09 Ultra I noticed the throttle was "sticky," as in you'd start to roll on the throttle and it wouldn't move for a second, then "pop!" it'd break free and launch you. After urinating me off many times in the last few weeks (~2K miles) I finally pulled it down to take a look. Turns out it was just a bit dry.  A short sharp shot of silly-cone spray and all is well with the world.  Oh, and I made another interesting (to me) discovery: the '09's are pre-wired for heated grips.  They just plug into the end of the throttle control...

-Kuda