May 09, 2024, 05:15:12 AM

News:

Now These Are Trucks

Started by charley992002, October 29, 2009, 10:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charley992002

Charley, N. Texas

Dennis The Menace

Bad ass, yes,  But very ugly, IMO.  I have seen several on the roads here in Colorado, they are butt ass ugly.  But can probably go anywhere.

menace

hotroadking

They used to show up at Daytona for bike week every year

wild things to see, someone was always cruising one around

timvan

October 29, 2009, 11:10:32 AM #3 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 11:33:38 AM by timvan
Kick ASS! just the $94k price!  Makes the big 3's new 250's look cheap by comparison

gryphon

Actually, with todays endless supply of cheap fuel and the booming economy now would be a great time to buy one of those monsters. Seriously though, I don't know how it is elsewhere but where I live the trend is to try to get a much bigger truck than anyone else on your block. Even if you don't have any need for it. Then sit at the pumps and bitch about how much it costs to fill it and whine about why doesn't the government do something about it. Up till a short time ago I was managing a large service station and I had to hear that whine on a daily basis.

seattledyna

ya wanna hear some whining...wait till one of the "pretty boys" that drive those things gets one dirty :hyst:

codyshop

October 29, 2009, 11:51:44 AM #6 Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 01:37:41 PM by codyshop
Quote from: gryphon on October 29, 2009, 11:12:31 AM
Actually, with todays endless supply of cheap fuel...

Bingo!  Everytime we fill one of these things up, Bin Laden and Chavez piss their pants from laughter...on the way to the bank.  Ray

:smile: i need one of those to get out of the parking lot at work  :smilep:

FLTRI

The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Dennis The Menace

Much better, Bob.  Nice.

menace

Haylee

A truck like that is for the guy with small penis syndrome  :-*

codyshop

Quote from: Haylee on October 29, 2009, 02:08:43 PM
A truck like that is for the guy with small penis syndrome  :-*

:hyst:   Does that thing come with a "I Support Radical Islam" bumper-sticker?  Ray

ramv102000

Why is it that pick up trucks are getting bigger but the beds are getting smaller?  Am I the only one that needs a 8' bed.
Randy

deltafarmer

Looks  "top heavy",anyone ever flipped a pick-up?

rackem

got to see one close up at the Luxor on Vegas. it belonged to Carrot top. the comedian. didn't see under the hood. but it had an Allison behind it. all i can assume is it was cat powered. got a little flash of yellow when i was looking at the front end.   looked sweet though.. being a heavy truck mechanic it totally caught my attention, the first one i ever saw

PoorUB

There was a local guy with money to burn that drove one for is daily driver! I think it was a F750, or maybe F850(?) with a crew cab and pickup box. The thing was huge. I got to sit in it one day and look it over pretty well, prtty nice rig! I remember getting a kick out of the box as the tailgate was about 4-1/2 feet off the ground! No clue how you could load anything into it without a forklift!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

harborjohn

There is a guy with the chevy version of those trucks (kodiak) that drag races it weekly at Irwindale Dragstrip in Ca.

HogBob

:wtf:
They look like the answer to the question that nobody in their right mind would ever bother to ask! As the saying goes --"A fool and his money are soon parted". Or as P.T.barnum observed --"There is a sucker born every minute".
Bob

FLTRI

charley992002

I agree with one of the posts from that link about the Super Chief, "girly and neutered".  Maybe the big F650 is a waste, maybe serious towing and power are your thing, then the big 650 it is. IMHO much better looking than the "Hindenburg Powered" truck, V-10 or not, it just don't look right.  Looks ghetto to me, but hey I'm from Texas.
Charley, N. Texas

FLTRI

Quote from: charley992002 on October 30, 2009, 04:49:25 PM
I agree with one of the posts from that link about the Super Chief, "girly and neutered".  Maybe the big F650 is a waste, maybe serious towing and power are your thing, then the big 650 it is. IMHO much better looking than the "Hindenburg Powered" truck, V-10 or not, it just don't look right.  Looks ghetto to me, but hey I'm from Texas.
You agree with the girl? LOL!

Joncin

October 30, 2009, 05:40:55 PM #21 Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:50:40 PM by Joncin
The Navistar CXT 4x4 was a pickup that made any other look like a Tonka toy. It was just before it's time. lol

Maybe I'm biased, here's my daily driver. :teeth:

seattledyna

that Navistar would have looked pretty good if they tried harder to make the bed match the truck :wink:

Lew

I can't help but laugh every time I see some dork driving his ass around in one of those 'look at me everybody ain't I cool' trucks........:hyst:

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Scramjet

I think they are awesome!  If I had money to burn I would buy one in a minute.  Think of the tow capacity.  With those saddle tanks you could drive over 1,000 miles between fill-ups.  It is not that much different than a big inch custom bike.  There is not much practical use for them but an awesome machine none the less.

I'll take mine in black.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ