April 28, 2024, 10:18:52 AM

News:

TTS Tuner w/TSII/Wego

Started by Arrowsmit, November 27, 2008, 07:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToBeFrank

Quote from: Steve Cole on December 04, 2008, 09:46:09 AM
Well it seems some of you think that it an easy task and that's all well and good but why is it that no one else could do it prior to our product hitting the market? If it was really that simple everyone would have done it long ago.

As I said, the MegaSquirt people did it, and I did it, and yes, I think it is easy. Mine was a prototype for myself and I didn't put it out in the market. I wrote it months before you released V-Tune and did it in about 4 hours of programming one evening. The only difference between yours and mine is mine does it for open loop bikes with widebands. Yours does it for closed loop bikes with the narrowbands.

QuoteNow as far as exactly how we do it I'm not going there. If someone else wants to write there own software great go do it

I already did. If anyone wants to really understand how it works, I'll be happy to share the info. I was originally just going to add my code to my archive, but now that I'm motivated, I'm going to adapt my existing implementation to work with the SERT log and the narrowbands. The implementation will be made available for FREE. This way people with closed loop bikes who bought the SERT or SEST won't have to shell out their hard earned money again to get a great running bike.

Quotebut do not come here and say ours doesn't work properly when it does.

Not a single person on this thread has said that. Actually, I said "your (TTS) software does a good job". What I did say was the TS does not do a good job. Are you confusing TS with TTS? TS = Twin Scan, which is made by DTT.

QuoteSome are saying that the V-tune program doesn't work properly and I beg to differ.

Not a single person on this thread has said that.

QuoteIf your graph of the VE table doesn't smoothed in then it points to not enough data was gathered to fill in the table completely. I do not care if the motor has been changed or not the program will bring a nicely shaped VE table for what your combination needs without the spikes that are being shown in some of your previous post.

That was exactly my point to Vic when showing him the difference between his graphs produced with the TS and my graphs produced with my software. If you are still saying my graphs are not smooth, I disagree, and that's where I disagreed with you in my first reply to you. One quick glance at them and you can see they are just as smooth as what your V-Tune produces.

QuoteI've done 110 cu in motors with 258 cams, ported heads, 10.5 : 1 compression ratio and RB racing pipes in a 2008 FL and the graphs of the VE tables look the same as the AE176-000, nice and smooth.

Exactly. My graphs are also nice and smooth.

Steve Cole

"Not a single person on this thread has said that. Actually, I said "your (TTS) software does a good job". What I did say was the TS does not do a good job. Are you confusing TS with TTS? TS = Twin Scan, which is made by DTT."

"That might work if you're starting with a map that's pretty close to the configuration on your bike, but I highly doubt a huge difference in VEs between two adjacent cells would be considered ok. For those of us with builds, that's not unusual when you can't collect data in the outliers."

Well I stand corrected, I took your posts with the TS just to be a typo for TTS, as did others who send me to this post to start with.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FLTRI

I think it's great you have the wherewithall to write your own tuning program to eliminate using what is available on the market.  Having worked with software developers/engineers for over 6 years (1990-96) developing D/A for racing vehicles, it is truly amazing that you were able to write a complete tuning program from scratch, that works without flaws. You have to be making millions with your ability.

Please post your program ASAP for us to use/test so we can start a new thread "TBFtuner" and offer some constructive criticism like we've done for Mr Cole.

Looking forward to working with you and your tuning software.

PS-Will it include 8hr/day 5day/wk tech support if/when have a question or problem? :hyst:

The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

ToBeFrank

Gee Bob, nothing like stirring the pot in a thread that had worked itself out already. But since you're an "expert", I'll indulge you...

Quote from: FLTRI on December 05, 2008, 10:37:11 AMI think it's great you have the wherewithall to write your own tuning program to eliminate using what is available on the market.

Please point me to all the products that are available that will generate VEs from logged data for the stock ECM on an open loop Harley. Steve and I both agree the Twin Scan doesn't cut it so no need to bring that one up.

QuoteHaving worked with software developers/engineers for over 6 years (1990-96) developing D/A for racing vehicles, it is truly amazing that you were able to write a complete tuning program from scratch

Thanks!

Quotethat works without flaws

Don't recall saying that, but it does work pretty darn good. Most of the flaws are because the Twin Scan doesn't sample fast enough and doesn't log the right data. I have to "code around" those problems, so to speak.

QuoteYou have to be making millions with your ability.

Nah, I didn't do it to make any money. I just wanted a good running bike without having to pay a dyno guy to get it there. And I enjoy learning new things. Might as well share it with others who want the same thing.

QuotePlease post your program ASAP for us to use/test so we can start a new thread "TBFtuner" and offer some constructive criticism like we've done for Mr Cole.

I think a more appropriate name would be "OpenTune" or "FreeTune".

QuotePS-Will it include 8hr/day 5day/wk tech support if/when have a question or problem? :hyst:

That's the beauty of free/open source software. You can choose to buy the commercial, non-free kind if you need the support, or you can use the free kind and depend on the community if you need support. It's like everything in life, you make the decision based on your expectations.

POORBOY

Nice job TBF, you handled this misunderstanding very well
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN