May 08, 2024, 11:53:57 PM

News:

Cost to paint inner fairing?

Started by Jeffd, January 15, 2010, 10:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

dunbarton, go to your local auto paint supply and ask for a plastic material repair kit, they should have a one use application set up, I use a large gun that mixes it as it dispenses, economical for me, but way to expensive for a one time repair in your garage.

dunbarton

Thanks Mike, I'll have a look about that. When it hardens, I'm hoping it's sand-able.

Scramjet

Mine was $100 from a local auto painter.  Most auto painters have experience with plastics these days.  I did mine in a light blue silver to offset the Cobalt Blue bike and aluminum flames.

B
07FLHX 107", TR590, D&D, 109HP/112TQ
06FLSTN, 95", SE211, Cycle Shack 91HP/94TQ

HD99FXR3

I paid $200 to have my '07 RG fairing and switch caps painted. Supposedly the Mirage Orange Pearl is quite expensive.

Jeffd

Seattledyna, I got the inner fairing today and want to get it headed your way.  I sent you a pm.

spankustang

Cost me $400 for the inner fairing, switch cap, and mirrors.  I just dropped the bike off.  They did all the labor.
Looks a lot better.
My bike is black, so I had the fairing painted to match.

specialx1

Big Thx to ya SeattleDyna, used the SEM Landau paint and repainted my inner fairing and turned out great!! not ready to run ya outta business but happy with the ease of doing it and how it turned out  :beer:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

seattledyna

advice is free :wink: take advantage of it :teeth:

glad that worked out for ya, you will find lots of uses for that stuff.

seattledyna

here is the paint specialx used on his inner fairing, if you are looking for the OEM low gloss black look, this works very good, great for touch ups on vinyl, tires, carpet, etc.

Jeffd

Seattledyna you should be getting a package tomorrow or so. :up:

seattledyna

showed up today Jeff and its in paint rotation now :wink:

Jeffd

:up: I am glad you are doing it as I know it will look great.

Jeffd

The "Paint Master" has done it again.  Seattledyna can lay the paint down.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

seattledyna

Coyote

It's even more impressive in person.  :up:

Tex_Bagger

Quote from: dunbarton on January 16, 2010, 03:48:24 AM
Quote from: Tex_Bagger on January 16, 2010, 03:33:31 AM
Had mine painted through the local dealer for $400 and change.  Pricey but I wanted that shiny black!   They did a perfect job, no flaws anywhere.
I presume at that price it wasn't just paint you paid for?
To pull the inner fairing , and reinstall it latter might take 2 hrs plus, and a lot more if you've never done it before... LOL

Sorry I should have mentioned they did ALL the work including R&R the fairing.
2016 CVO Street Glide (Black)D&D fatcat
2020 FLRT Freewheeler Trike Bone Stock