Your Vote required. T-shirts. Big picture on the front or on the back?

Started by FirstHD, December 01, 2008, 08:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FirstHD

O.k. Here's the situation. I'm on the executive committee for a Motorcycle Ride in support of a local charity. As a part of the goodie bag handed out to each participant we give a free T-Shirt. There has been some disagreement about the art work. The current T-shirt has a small art design on the front and a Larger design on the back followed by a list of sponsors. The list of sponsors reads like concert dates on a concert t-shirt. Some people think the bigger picture should be on the front of the T and the little one on the back. I noticed a trend in the states many years ago that has a small logo on front and the larger on the back. So. what do you prefer? Yes big art work on the back or No smaller art work on the back.

tireater

Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

RK101

I've seen it done both ways. The ones I like the best around where I live have the event on the front and the sponsors on the back with a smaller event logo attached to it like you mentioned. The event itself is the important thing,the sponsors are less important IMO. Like tireater said some wear a vest when doing events so a large logo on the front I believe works best.
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

frito1

If I'm spending my money, I'll always pass on a shirt with a large logo on the front.  Vest or no vest I prefer the large logo on the back.  If you're catering to a vest wearing crowd,  think about a small/medium sized logo dead center in the front, in addition to the back logo.

s-r-t
"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com

Memnar

I do hot air balloon rallies, the big rally logo is usually on the front and the sponsors on the back.

But for motorcycles I like a logo on the back, but you know if it has so many sponsors on the back  that it looks cluttered I usually don't wear it  -- just does not look good..too busy.

Don't forget to date the shirt, people like to show years later that they were "there". I like wearing an old '89 Daytona rally shirt. Just don't make too many that you have a lot of leftovers..that sucks too.

Albuquerque, NM.

EagleFTE

I will not buy or wear (if given to me free) a shirt with a large logo on front.  Small logo on front left chest with large logo on back is best IMO.  All others get relegated to oil changing and lawn mowing duties.  Only my mother would buy me a large logo on front T-shirt. 

taz95dog

home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

FirstHD

Good! Keeping it coming. As silly as this topic may sound to some, your feedback is helpful. Vote away.

Panzer

I'll have to side with Eagle.
If you ride alone, the larger logo will be seen by those who follow, cagers and others.
If on a ride, who sees the large logo in the front?
Cagers or pedestrians won't read it.......can't, unless you're walking.
Don't clutter the back like "Memnar" said.

Your question is like asking people what do you like best a Chevy or a Caddy, I think you'll get a 50/50 response.
But, that's only my opinion.
My vote is........YES.....the back.

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

GaryD

Why the hell can't you have it on both front and back? End of argument. But if I had to have it on only one side, it would be on the front. That way when you are talking to someone they can see and read it clearly and then ask you about it if they are interested in it.
I agree about the sponsors. Put the sponsors on the direction sheet or on a big sign at the sign up table. I hate them being on a t-shirt.
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

98roadking

bigpete1

we have a poker run every year ,small design on front large on the back ,always works for us ,thanks pete

steelknee57

1-Lonewolf

I like the smaller picture on the front and the larger one on the back., but without seeing the picture in question, this might change depending on what it is?

Killer

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Fugawee

PoorUB

I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

HroadhogD1

O.K  What color is the shirt??  Are they long sleeved, or short sleeved?  Will they have a pocket?   LOL   You could make up some of each and at least most of the people will be happy, well maybe. :smile:

Skullfork

My vote goes for the small logo on the front, large on the back ...

madskillsjc

Depending what the logo looks like, but probably Small logo front no pocket and larger logo and info on the back

Fxstchewy

"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

seattledyna

Kevin

107" by Hyperformance
R&R St. 5 heads
R&R 615's & cam plate R&R roller rocker

bigblock6912

fxdwg