May 03, 2024, 07:05:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

How many DON"T have "Bagger Wobble" ???

Started by sandrooney, December 06, 2008, 03:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slarsonroy

I have never experienced wobble on my '07 Ultra.  I HAVE however, experienced high speed wobble on my 72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado with Wixom fairing and hard bags. This "phenomenom" has been discussed at length on Guzzi forums and here is the gist of it. Those saddlebags are aerodynamically shaped, unintentionally I believe, like aircraft wings. At about 65 mph on a long sweeping corner, the air flow seems to be just enough to start lifting the rear of the bike, on one or both sides, enough to experience wobble. While reading numerous posts on this, and noticing that the Ultra bags are shaped similar to the Guzzi Wixom bags, I just felt compelled to throw this into the mix.  High speed wobble is a freaky sensation and makes you roll off the throttle while leaned over in a corner, which in turn freaks out the passenger because she doesnt know whats going on.
2012 Electraglide
1979 FXEF,1953 FLEF

fatboy98nebr

'06 Electra Glide Classic...11k miles, bought it used..only wobble was when I first rode it. I thought the front tire was going to fall off. Bought it anyway, got it home, checked the front tire pressure..it was 19lbs. inflated it to 40lbs and wobble is gone...

86fxwg

06 flhx straight as an arrow to 100mph im scared after that.
86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

shoveled71

Never felt a wobble on my 06 StreetGlide, but used to always get wobbles on my 71 Shovel on the way home from barhopping, mysteriously quit when I stay out of the bars, maybe thats the wobble problem some of yall are having.  Spike
100%  pure obnoxious harley ridin white trash

Boris

Quote from: shoveled71 on December 08, 2008, 07:38:50 PM
Never felt a wobble on my 06 StreetGlide, but used to always get wobbles on my 71 Shovel on the way home from barhopping, mysteriously quit when I stay out of the bars, maybe thats the wobble problem some of yall are having.  Spike

I don't think so!

bighog

2003 FLHT with close to 50,000 miles and never had a wobble worth remembering- except for the occasional rain grooves cut in the off ramps.

chaos901

I have an '02 EG with 56K and an '07 Ultra with 46K and never had the wobble.  The '07 has been above 100 a few times, often above 90. 

Have you ever noticed when you see the road racers with a "tank slapper" that once the rider gets ejected the bike straightens out and continues on until it hits something.     
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Flat Dog

December 09, 2008, 06:29:04 AM #82 Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 06:37:24 AM by Photo John
I only notice 'wobble' in the form of batwing fairing induced turbulence at 100 or so. Also, I don't try to ride a big fat geezer glide like a crotch rocket in corners.

low n slow

Got 10,000 miles on 07 FLHX and never a wobble. Listened to some of my riding partners who told me they have seen it happen to them though. Maybe some of the guys who have had it happen to them never rode some of the "classic" iron to see what a thrill it could be at times. After getting off an '80 Super Glide to the new ride, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. JMHO

twinpipesnd

2001 rk 95inch HQheads  39G cams HQ igniton cv44 35000 mi. 117 mph no wabbles  been there many times..3inches off standard windshield dont know if that helps or not.. super smooth at any speed..

twinpipesnd

Quote from: low n slow on December 09, 2008, 08:49:19 AM
Got 10,000 miles on 07 FLHX and never a wobble. Listened to some of my riding partners who told me they have seen it happen to them though. Maybe some of the guys who have had it happen to them never rode some of the "classic" iron to see what a thrill it could be at times. After getting off an '80 Super Glide to the new ride, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. JMHO

sandrooney

VERY interesting!!!
Thanks for the replys,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .