April 27, 2024, 12:17:50 AM

News:

02 problem

Started by streeter1, April 17, 2010, 04:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLTRI

No power whatsoever = cam timing is off. (compression psi front-to-rear varies more than normal.
Power in places but not in all areas = calibration
Quote from: streeter1 on April 18, 2010, 07:34:00 PM
.... can this baseline map be off that much??
Yes but probably would run decent when cold or in some rpms and not others.
Check the last thing you did....cams? :idea:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

streeter1

Can you be 360d out on the crank sprocket and be TDC exh/int versus TDC comp on the front cylinder? I know the marks on the cams are good

FLTRI

Quote from: streeter1 on April 19, 2010, 04:21:01 AM
I know the marks on the cams are good
Because compression check showed psi is same front to rear?
If the compression is even front to rear then cam timing is prolly not the issue.
IMO, that leaves a really poor tune for the build and the only way to know for sure is to get it to someone who can measure performance and see AFR at that time.
Bob

glens

Be very careful stuffing stuff into the connector sockets.  It's way too easy to deform them resulting in poor connectivity later.

Quote from: WVULTRA on April 18, 2010, 10:19:39 AM
And, IIRC, the ECM may carry the 5 year warranty for emissions control.
The Federal Emissions Warranty might be 5 years, I was thinking it was 3 but haven't looked.  Anyway, it doesn't matter how much time has passed if there's over 30,000 km on the bike (~18,000 miles) because that's the other criteria for the warranty:  time or distance, whichever comes first terminates the warranty period.

FLTRI

California motorcycle emission defect warranty:
CCR §2036
Defects Warranty
Class III (280 cc or greater)
5 years / 30,000 km (18,641 miles)

streeter1

Well I finally got the motor up and running the way it should. Cam timing was off. Had the cam Teeth aligned at 2 & 3 Oclock versus 3 & 9, funny thing the two dots were in perfect alignment. Had I checked them after aligning the outer gears and chain....I would of caught it. Some had commented that the compression would be off....it was dead even on both 200psi. Anyhow, it now runs and sounds the way it should, the front 02 works perfect.

My first VTune run was good. I hit all the cells that I drove in. I generated a new map and downloaded it to the ECM. New problem....I cannot collect any data on subsequent runs. It onlys hits up to 5% and 1250 rpm. every other cell is blank. I've used the same riding technique that I used for the first record. The laptop is the same, shimmed the USB connection. I've watched the histogram at idle and reved the motor to see if the X would follow the and it does. Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve Cole

Look at the total number of frames being collected. If you look back at your old recording see if they are about the same. If the total is way off then the laptop power saving mode may have changed on you.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Eleft36

Back when there were no such thing as "codes". The diagnostics were a mechanical process of elimination.

Compression, timing, fuel, air and spark. :idea:

Al
103" SE BB Andrews 26H's 2010 110" mufflers
Ride every chance I get, above 36*f