May 07, 2024, 04:39:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New horse in the stable

Started by seattledyna, December 06, 2008, 08:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seattledyna

Picked up a new 09 Roadglide from Rockilin HD today, they just got one in stock and the timing was right to jump on it!

this bike has Street Glide wheels on it, someone wanted an SG with RG wheels so they swapped them out with this bike, I actually like the SG wheels on the thing :teeth:

CraigArizona85248

Nice!  That's a beauty.  Christmas came early.  :teeth:

roadglide65

AHHHHHHHHHH another convert I see from your handle your going to love it  :wink: nice bike!!

JimB

Mike... be sure to post pictures of the new custom paint job....I know you already got ideas of one.

Jim in Reno

DenverBagger

Beautiful bike - black with the SG wheels.

At times I miss my 2000 FLTRI, especially when on the highway for a long stretch - had the lowers and pizza box tour pak.

Interested in your review of the '09 after you have put some miles on it...

Clintster

Congradulations, nice bike.  RoadGlide, now you got it going on...
Drive fast, take chances

09fltr

TweekmyTwin

Mike,
Very Nice...... Did they give you a good deal ? Maybe once the fog burns off here, you could ride down for lunch.
Jim
Kiss What ?

Coyote

You should have rode with us yesterday. Could have broke it in. Road Glides are great. Congrats!  :up:

Kansas

It's too cold to ride here, but I keep walking into the dealership hoping they will give me a reason to pull out the checkbook and buy a Softy Deluxe.  I just can't see paying MSRP when the snow is due to fall, and the warranty will tick off four months before I can hope to ride.  Anyway, congrats, and ride safely.  The bike is a beauty.

Big Dan

:up: Congrats. I also like the SG rims on it. They go well with the subtle striping on the bike.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

seattledyna

thanx guys!!

the new frame/suspension set up is amazing!, its a 40 mile ride home from the dealer thru some great gold country twisties and lazy country roads, bumps around corners at speed dont seem to be an issue anymore, the same roads I rode on with my 95 flht feel like different roads all together.
  good power, positive shifts, stable..good tunes, that fat, dual compound rear tire   :)

Jim...fog?, theres no fog up here, lol

Gas Can

Mike

Great looking ride.

I may never get my fairing painted, you'll be ridin that new bike all the time.

Rich

StrokerDave

"I may never get my fairing painted, you'll be ridin that new bike all the time."

He's got my fairing and tank  too .... :angry: :cry:

Grumpy : (

Congrats on the new ride.  I love my 08, but hear the 09 is even better.  Sucks that I saw the near twin to mine today.  I need custom paint work.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Dennis The Menace

Very nice....of course!  Its a Road Glide   You wont regret a minute of this bike.  Ride safe, and many, many miles.

menace

softailwins

Congradulations Mike,what pipes are you thinking about...  :teeth:

seattledyna

Dave, Rich, lol you guys, both your jobs are at the top of the schedule this week, I got the big bunch of parts I have been doing  delivered last week.

Joe, dunno, kinda liking the quiet stocks for now...that is for now;)

StrokerDave

LOL, Mike the tank decals are BO untill Jan 24

neale

Congratulations, I like RG's, we don't get them here in Australia.

88b

Nice am I the only one that doesn't like the stock wheels ? Those FLHX wheels look good on it.

09fltr

I didnt like the stock wheels on mine either, got the hd roulette wheels. The street glide wheels look way cooler also, imo.

hdjax2

Congrats Mike. Nice ride. Looking forward to seeing it in person. Of course after you wave that magic wand over it :teeth:
Stuck in Lodi, Ca

seattledyna

a couple pics at home,

I always thought the center of the stripe was black, but in the sun it seems to be Black Pearl with a hint of blue pearl in it.

Coyote

The bottoms of those floor boards are way too smooth!  :teeth: