April 26, 2024, 11:20:08 PM

News:

My new project-'84 fxst

Started by 04customking, July 10, 2010, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

04customking

Here's some pics of the new project. Give me your thoughts on my $500. find. More to follow.

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/jlaley/Softail/
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

Evo1

04, I think you got a hell of a deal. :up:

JohnS_Rosamond

So, how many years did it sit outside in the rain?  I think you've got your work cut out for you, but best of luck.

gryphon

04customking

Yes, I have the title. 2800 mi. on it. Around '87 or '88 he put it up in a metal shed. At some point the weather blew out a wall and it was exposed to the rain and snow. They moved at some point and it was garaged for a few years. Then he died and she moved back to the original house and it sat in the back yard under a tarp for the last year and a half. I started it up again today just to listen to it and it sounds great. All the electronics, lights, and charging system works. Now I've started tearing it apart. Amazing but not a single bolt has snapped or refused to come out. Time will tell but I think I'm going to be OK with this. Jim
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

gryphon

With the title it actually makes it a pretty good deal. You could pretty easily get anywhere from 3 to 5 times your money back just selling the frame with title. Very popular for guys building customs that don't want to be titled as a Special Construction or Replica.