May 08, 2024, 08:57:33 PM

News:

Dyojet Power Vision

Started by djl, November 08, 2010, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djl

What's the scoop on this system?  Claims are that it's the do all/end all in EFI tuning??

FLTRI

Quote from: djl on November 08, 2010, 01:33:50 PM
Claims are that it's the do all/end all in EFI tuning??
Beware of any claims like that.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Steve Cole

They introduced it at the SEMA show last week. They said it was expected to be released late next month. It programs pretty much the same as the others using a PC to do the tuning. They added a display unit instead of the interface boxes that are currently used by others. If doesn't tune anything more than what is already out there, but it does have you program the display then the display programs the bike. It saves a copy of the stock calibration so you can return to stock if you want. The display can be mounted on the bike and it will show and log data items.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Jeffd

The monitor/display is a great feature and no lap top needed.

Steve Cole

If your going to do tuning you still need the laptop. The display unit will install a new tune but it does not allow you to edit the tune itself from what they were showing.

Herko

Considering a power upgrade?
First and foremost, focus on your tuning plan.

strokerjlk

thanks John.
I have hear rumors of this for a while. looks like it will be a hit. good for you Jamie!
capable of using narrow or widebands, realtime data, idle trim, and you can edit the map and flash without a laptop.
nice looking set up for home tuners.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

TXP

November 08, 2010, 06:15:36 PM #7 Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:26:05 PM by TXP
I saw a prototype in Las Vegas last July. This is going to be a nice product no doubt. If its linked to tuninglink it will become a favorite of the Dyno gypsies as well because of the ability to make runable tunes quickly. You will not have access to "everything" as some will claim. You will basically be able to make changes in the same tables as offered by other products. Now, how deep did they go into the programing. I know they were looking at the torque smoothing area which TTS disables and HD does not (DBW). A lot of smart people at Dynojet and I think a good company. I do have a beef with DJ over minimum advertised pricing. Why let a few vendors destroy the retail value of your product. You can still sell it for what you want, just keep the field level. Try running heavy discounts on TTS products and you probably won't be a dealer very long. HD now has it's own MAP policy as well. I hope PowerVision doesn't go the way of Powercommander in that respect.

TXP

November 08, 2010, 06:32:06 PM #8 Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 07:23:29 PM by TXP
""Now, how deep did they go into the programing. I know they were looking at the torque smoothing area which TTS disables and HD does not (DBW)."
Before some one corrects me I'll do it myself. Instead of disables the torque smoothing areas, substitute handles this issue in a different manner than HD. lol..

Steve Cole

Quote from: strokerjlk on November 08, 2010, 05:41:23 PM
thanks John.
I have hear rumors of this for a while. looks like it will be a hit. good for you Jamie!
capable of using narrow or widebands, realtime data, idle trim, and you can edit the map and flash without a laptop.
nice looking set up for home tuners.

You cannot edit the calibration/map without using a laptop. The display unit allows you to load and read the calibration without a laptop. It was a nice looking unit about the size of today's touch screen cell phones.

1FSTRK

???

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Jamie Long

You can actually do quite a bit right thru the touch screen display. Under "Edit Tune" on the screen menu you can edit several tables such as Rev limit, Accellerator Enrichement, and Speedo calibration as a few examples. You can also configure the constants such as Engine displacement and injector size, and turn features off/on like EITMS, ACR's, Knock control, PE, and others right on the display.

Steve Cole

What they showed at the SEMA show and what you are saying are two different things then. Guess we will just have to wait and see what it can do when it comes out late next month. It was a nice looking display.

TXP

Does anyone know if the new unit will be compatable with "Tuninglink" at launch. After the 1st of the year Dynojet is going to require all their "Tuning Centers" to send a tech to obtain recertification via a course at their facilty in Las Vegas.

hrdtail78

Dynojet told me yesterday that I wont be able to buy one until at least December.  I don't know the hold up.  He wasn't sure how much but he quoted me about $550 retail.
Semper Fi

Mr. Wizard

Could you guys in the know please explain the differences in the DPV and the TTS with the exception of the nice PDA type screen so you can view your data log? No, not trying to slam heads together but... would be nice to know what the main differences are and use a baseline of a known and popular marketed tuner such as the TTS.

Such as... DPV can use wide and narrow 02 and has the screen....

Now I will freely admit the DPV at first glance looks like a really nice toy and if a similar model were based on the product usability of something like the TS/Wego so you could view and match up the proper VE's as apposed to what you are actually running I think I would get the first one off the line if it were proven to be an accurate device.

Although I am not in the market for another tuner at this time that would marry to the ECM it would be nice to know what the differences are.

thx

Jamie Long

Quote from: Steve Cole on November 09, 2010, 10:06:33 AM
What they showed at the SEMA show and what you are saying are two different things then. Guess we will just have to wait and see what it can do when it comes out late next month. It was a nice looking display.

Any information I provide is first hand from the technical involvement between Fuel Moto/Dynojet on Power Vision, including the tuning features available from the display I noted earlier.

Jamie Long

Quote from: TXP on November 09, 2010, 10:29:38 AM
Does anyone know if the new unit will be compatable with "Tuninglink" at launch. After the 1st of the year Dynojet is going to require all their "Tuning Centers" to send a tech to obtain recertification via a course at their facilty in Las Vegas.

They will have an integrated tuning utility with the Dyno software which will be a completely seperate application than Tuning Link for PC III/PC-V

TXP

The Tuninglink product as we know it is not available for use with PowerVision as of now. It is being worked on but no projected release date is officailly available. Just spoke with Dynojet about it. There will be a separate TL type software in the future.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Mr. Wizard on November 09, 2010, 10:42:44 AM
Could you guys in the know please explain the differences in the DPV and the TTS with the exception of the nice PDA type screen so you can view your data log? No, not trying to slam heads together but... would be nice to know what the main differences are and use a baseline of a known and popular marketed tuner such as the TTS.

Such as... DPV can use wide and narrow 02 and has the screen....

Now I will freely admit the DPV at first glance looks like a really nice toy and if a similar model were based on the product usability of something like the TS/Wego so you could view and match up the proper VE's as apposed to what you are actually running I think I would get the first one off the line if it were proven to be an accurate device.

Although I am not in the market for another tuner at this time that would marry to the ECM it would be nice to know what the differences are.

thx

Power Vision has several unique features, with the PV screen you can configure and display the channels to your liking and view them in real time, you can datalog, you can retrieve/clear trouble codes, you can store/retrieve/send calibrations, edit the tables I noted earlier, and more. There is also comprehensive WinPV software which gives you access to a wide range of tuning tables. For tuning apps there is Auto Tune Basic which uses the nbO2 sensors to develop your tune, and Auto Tune Pro which uses the AT-100 module with dual Bosch Wideband sensors. 

One of the best features and my personal favorite with Power Vision is the ability to view and edit the factory calibration. You can simply retrieve the stock (or current) calibration with the PV screen and then send it to WinPV where you can then view and edit the calibration as required. The ability to read and write the cal is an awesome feature 

Mr. Wizard

Quote from: Jamie Long on November 09, 2010, 11:07:26 AM

Power Vision has several unique features, with the PV screen you can configure and display the channels to your liking and view them in real time, you can datalog, you can retrieve/clear trouble codes, you can store/retrieve/send calibrations, edit the tables I noted earlier, and more. There is also comprehensive WinPV software which gives you access to a wide range of tuning tables. For tuning apps there is Auto Tune Basic which uses the nbO2 sensors to develop your tune, and Auto Tune Pro which uses the AT-100 module with dual Bosch Wideband sensors. 

One of the best features and my personal favorite with Power Vision is the ability to view and edit the factory calibration. You can simply retrieve the stock (or current) calibration with the PV screen and then send it to WinPV where you can then view and edit the calibration as required. The ability to read and write the cal is an awesome feature

Thanks for that info Jamie... how about the table differences. Are there more adjustable tables on the DPV than the TTS and if so, please tell us what they are used for. Again, not trying to knock heads, just want this info out in the open to understand this new product.

Steve Cole

Quote from: Jamie Long on November 09, 2010, 10:54:16 AM
Quote from: Steve Cole on November 09, 2010, 10:06:33 AM

Any information I provide is first hand from the technical involvement between Fuel Moto/Dynojet on Power Vision, including the tuning features available from the display I noted earlier.

Several people at dynojet are personal friends of mine as well and have been for years, so they had no problems showing me the software and hardware and took me completely through it at the show. What was working and what was not, we have worked together in the past as well. We also have the first load control motorcycle dyno they ever sold. What I said is what they showed me it did. So my information is first hand from there tech people. Let's just see what it does once it's finished. The basic difference between it and Mastertune was the display unit holding the tune and installing it. There was no Vtune like feature at the show but I was told they were going to work on it.

Jamie Long

Quote from: Mr. Wizard on November 09, 2010, 11:15:11 AM
Thanks for that info Jamie... how about the table differences. Are there more adjustable tables on the DPV than the TTS and if so, please tell us what they are used for. Again, not trying to knock heads, just want this info out in the open to understand this new product.

There are many of the same tables as other current products on the market, there is nothing that is really going to stand out. The main differences are going to be the ability to use the display as a tool with the features discussed earlier, and the ability to use Auto Tune Pro with dual Wideband sensors. The fact that you can read and edit right from the ECM is also an excellent feature as well.

1FSTRK

Quote from: Jamie Long on November 09, 2010, 11:07:26 AM

Finally.How many times have we asked for this feature?
The time saved by starting with a known running map and just tweaking the needed spots will alone make this worth it. Not mention being able to see what stock map settings correspond to which trouble areas.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Jamie Long

November 09, 2010, 12:02:29 PM #24 Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:07:48 PM by Jamie Long
Quote from: Steve Cole on November 09, 2010, 11:35:19 AM

Several people at dynojet are personal friends of mine as well and have been for years, so they had no problems showing me the software and hardware and took me completely through it at the show. What was working and what was not, we have worked together in the past as well. We also have the first load control motorcycle dyno they ever sold. What I said is what they showed me it did. So my information is first hand from there tech people. Let's just see what it does once it's finished. The basic difference between it and Mastertune was the display unit holding the tune and installing it. There was no Vtune like feature at the show but I was told they were going to work on it.

That's cool, I guess the difference comes between the features vs what they showed you at the SEMA