What do we want in a Tuner ?

Started by FLTRI, November 12, 2010, 08:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsani

ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

hrdtail78

A feature I would like to see:

While recording scan data I would like to hit a buttom on the keyboard that would mark a spot on the data.  Either in time or rec#.  A window would pop up and allow me to write in a note.

Now I am blibbing throttle 3 times and writting down notes.  If I send scan data to someone to look over, it might be hard to read my version of short hand.  But they could read the notes in the scan data.

I know I was asked what I wanted to see the otherday.  I completly forgot about this.  I asked for a football when I wanted a BB gun.  :emsad:
Semper Fi

mayor

when I posted earlier on this thread, I hadn't a clue on what I would like to see in a tuner.  I'm still green, but now I can think of at least two things I would like to see in a tuning system:

1. capable of reading o2 sensor data out to 100 kPa

2. a selectable pop up gauge option that allows easier viewing of critical items like MAP when recording scan data runs.

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

hrdtail78

You can't read the MAP that is on the Vtune data screen?  It's about twice the size of the blocks your filling.
Semper Fi

wurk_truk

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 25, 2011, 04:28:01 PM
You can't read the MAP that is on the Vtune data screen?  It's about twice the size of the blocks your filling.

Going down the road its all one can do to hit the data points.... while viewing on a 7" monitor.  One cannot read the MAP under these conditions.
Oh No!

mayor

yes I can see it plenty good then, but like truk said you can't see that screen when you are data recording.   :wink: I thought maybe I could pull that screen up, just to see that...but no cigar.   :emsad: I can tell you, the font is pretty small on the data recording screen when your trucking down the road. It gets kind of tricky to see what map you are at at a given time.  It's just a good thing for me that I don't exceed safe speeds while tuning. 

wurk_truk

Quote from: mayor on March 25, 2011, 05:26:49 PM
yes I can see it plenty good then, but like truk said you can't see that screen when you are data recording.   :wink: I thought maybe I could pull that screen up, just to see that...but no cigar.   :emsad: I can tell you, the font is pretty small on the data recording screen when your trucking down the road. It gets kind of tricky to see what map you are at at a given time.  It's just a good thing for me that I don't exceed safe speeds while tuning. 

Go far enough south on 220 or 219, and tell me about 'safe' road speeds.  I love that our hillbilly cousins make guardrails optional.
Oh No!

mayor

I live right off of 220, and some of my runs were recorded on that road.  Except for the ones that were clearly violating traffic laws, those were recorded on a closed course.   :wink:

HogMike

Quote from: mayor on March 25, 2011, 06:01:53 PM
I live right off of 220, and some of my runs were recorded on that road.  Except for the ones that were clearly violating traffic laws, those were recorded on a closed course.   :wink:

We have quite a few of those here! :smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal