May 09, 2024, 01:09:07 AM

News:

The Big Ride- What's your plan next year?

Started by Bakon, December 23, 2010, 02:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridetard

At this stage in life I dont buy green bananna's and dont plan things too far ahead.   :teeth:

When the time comes, I get on the bike with a pocket full of cash, pick a direction and go.  The rest will fall into place.  No GPS, No Cell Phone, just make it up as you go along.  Dont hurt to plan a stop or two but ultimately when that urge comes to go home, I have no idea before I leave where I will end up.

No matter where I go, or how far a ride, am always bummed out when I pull into the garage when I return.  I always ponder about the trip for a moment or two before I shut her down.

Doesnt get any better than that! (always bring a six piece fishing rod :)    )

dunbarton

Quote from: Ridetard on December 31, 2010, 03:32:21 AM
At this stage in life I dont buy green bananna's and dont plan things too far ahead.   :teeth:

When the time comes, I get on the bike with a pocket full of cash, pick a direction and go.  The rest will fall into place.  No GPS, No Cell Phone, just make it up as you go along.  Dont hurt to plan a stop or two but ultimately when that urge comes to go home, I have no idea before I leave where I will end up.

No matter where I go, or how far a ride, am always bummed out when I pull into the garage when I return.  I always ponder about the trip for a moment or two before I shut her down.

Doesnt get any better than that! (always bring a six piece fishing rod :)    )

That's what I like too. Begin with the end in mind... Have a great time and hopefully arrive alive. It's worked so far.