May 09, 2024, 09:48:42 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HILLSIDE 131 twin cam build

Started by partycrasher, December 30, 2010, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

partycrasher

December 30, 2010, 05:35:17 AM Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:28:56 AM by partycrasher
With the help of the Palmer brothers at Hillside Motorcycle & machine in NY, My JIms 131 is currently undergoing major reconstructive surgery. Hillside custom cylinder head modifications, Horse power inc 62mm TB, 662-2 cams, new wiseco specialty pistons and a few others mods...... to ensure that the new year comes in as fast as a speeding bullett. This "sleeper" bagger should wake the dead when all is said and done. Can't wait!!!

Unbalanced

December 30, 2010, 07:44:16 AM #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:09:04 AM by Decoy
Partycrasher,

Is the 60 mm new ?  If you are using the cam plate that comes with the 131 depending on dates of when you received the motor you may want to verify your cam plate is the latest there were some issues on cam plates failing due to soft materials (per Jim's). 

Hope it turns out well and ushers in a speedy new year !

Don D

Didn't know HPI made or created a reworked 60 FBW???

partycrasher

decoy--Thanks for the 411 on the cam plate....i will look into it.

TXChop

Sounds killer!    :up: :up:
Keep us posted..

aharp

I've talked to Scott about this motor and I am waiting anxiously to see how it turns out  :pop:
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

rigidthumper

That would be your basic nuclear ballistic missile!
Better get a Velcro seat and and fuzzy britches!
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

ChromeWhore

What do you speculate the numbers will be?  :soda:
an idiot if you do, an asshole if you don't... WTF

partycrasher

my stock jims 131 put out about 132tq and 120 hp. at the rear wheel......i would think there will be a good improvement--but dont really know where the numbers will land.

Hillside Motorcycle

The 662-2 is in the cam chest at this point (btw VERY, VERY similar to a Wood 9F), modified t/body hit the door on 12/30, and the Wiesco pistons are in transit at this point.
Heads are looking very good from the work, and flow testing data we have gathered.
Gettin' closer by the day. :teeth:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

moose

anyone have the info on the cnc heads jims has on their newer 131's      do they flow better than their older ones or the same
Moose aka Glenn-

Hillside Motorcycle

On this particular set, the front head was not bad out of the gate, but the rear flow data, was waaaaaaaaaaay less, in spite of the obivious CNC work that was done.
Not any more, though. :smile:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

HD/Wrench

Be great to see some before and after flow data on those heads.  Sounds like a killer set up. The 662-2 has made some very good power in 124's & 117's so should be good to see how it works in a 131.  :teeth:

pwmorris

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 06, 2011, 01:14:42 PM
Be great to see some before and after flow data on those heads.  Sounds like a killer set up. The 662-2 has made some very good power in 124's & 117's so should be good to see how it works in a 131.  :teeth:
:up:
Oh yeah, hold on baby!
Partycrasher, you wanted to step up your game on your 131", man you are steppin' WAYYY up....

xzo124

Have you already converted over to chain. If not  YOU WILL . I'm guessing it will be in the 160+range on the torque side....xzo

xzo124

Mine is a touring bike also ,  I've toured Dallas several times and a lot of it on 1 tire !!!LOL.....xzo

partycrasher

....now your talkin! The problem with fast-as-hell harleys is all the explaining you have to do to the race bike crowd after you throttle past them....... :teeth:

xzo124

Quote from: partycrasher on January 06, 2011, 04:08:10 PM
....now your talkin! The problem with fast-as-hell harleys is all the explaining you have to do to the race bike crowd after you throttle past them....... :teeth:
WATCH OUT CROTCH ROCKETS I'm comin round!!!!..xzo

xzo124

Partycrasher or Scott , What CR did ya'll set the motor at ? just wondering.....xzo

HD/Wrench

got a 73 iron head here that you can feel when it is running as well  :hyst:  . Enjoy the new found power.

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: xzo124 on January 07, 2011, 06:16:23 AM
Partycrasher or Scott , What CR did ya'll set the motor at ? just wondering.....xzo

11.0. :teeth:
Scott

aharp

I was on the phone with Scott when this motor fired off. I thought a dump truck had driven through the building.

xzo124

It's definately going to be a handful  :up: :up:...xzo

partycrasher

I'm told that the heat cycling is complete...

wurk_truk

did that engine fit the frame without modification?
Oh No!

partycrasher

pwmorris

You might want to let everyone know where you live-so they can tread lightly cruzin' your streets...
There is a new Sheriff in town!

partycrasher

pwmorris---Except for the bass note barking from the boarzilla, i like to surprise folks with the power......as Sun Tzu said concerning the  "Nature of Surprise".....

"In conflict, direct confrontation will lead to engagement and surprise will lead to victory.

Those who are skilled in producing surprises will win.......In directing a conflict, there is only ambush or direct confrontation. Yet their combinations produce a variation of possible battle plans"

partycrasher

well the motor work is complete and soon i will ship it off to the tuner to see how it shakes out.....

mark mpdc

Quote from: partycrasher on January 10, 2011, 03:25:18 PM
well the motor work is complete and soon i will ship it off to the tuner to see how it shakes out.....

Hey Partycrasher can you take a video of that monster build and post it up so we can see it? :pop:
04' RoadKing Classic 117",54cams,60mm TB,10.7.1/210/195x195ccp,60mm TB

partycrasher

the tuner is about 4.5 hours away from me so when it returns back i will try to get a vid of it running.....unfortunately--just got 14 inches of snow here today............

Harleytwostar

How the heck do you hold on to something like that................... :scratch:
2002 Fatboy
2004 883

mark mpdc

January 12, 2011, 11:12:58 AM #32 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:06:02 AM by mark mpdc
Hey Partycrasher,
let me ask you this question.Do you feel with this build that you should be able to ride cross country?I ask this because
i have gotten different opinions about big build bikes that aren't made to do that kind of riding and i wanted to get your take on it because i myself might go with a build that similiar later next year and for me a bike should be built to run across country no matter what the size of the motor if it runs on the highway.

xzo124

Quote from: Harleytwostar on January 12, 2011, 11:09:09 AM
How the heck do you hold on to something like that................... :scratch:
Two hands and a darn good set of BUTT CHEEKS  !!!...xzo

03deuce

I would certainly consider a rider back rest to keep you on the saddle and not sliding backwards!

Do these big inch motors produce more engine vibration than say a basic big bore engine?

Congrats.  Looks like a nice ride.

partycrasher

03 deuce....when joe the tuner got the bike, he called me a said he was amazed at how quiet the motor was and that he could not believe how little vibration there was. The jims motors have come a long way. And with some head mods, there is plenty more power to be had.

x52gnr

[xzo124--i had scott at hillside fashion me a seat belt to lock me in place for those hard launches... :teeth:
[/quote]

Seatbelt, heck I think you need a 3 point harness...lol :up:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

xzo124

January 12, 2011, 04:48:47 PM #37 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:30:55 PM by xzo124
Partycrasher , there will definately a learning curve that you have to go thru riding that thing it will want to boil the tire instantly with any accessive throttle givin to it . And when you get to where you can launch  and hook up You WILL be going to a chain, because it will strip the teeth right off the belt . Been there Done that...xzo

timtoolman

Hillside 117 ,  2009 ultra
HTCS (AW/SW) USN RET.

mark mpdc

Quote from: partycrasher on January 13, 2011, 05:19:48 AM
xzo-- Riding curve you say.....Indeed!! These HILLSIDE builds are asphalt shredders. Let me break it down for you. In the past 5 years, Hillside motorcycle and machine in NY has built be the fillowing builds:

HILLSIDE 96 inch twin cam stage 2head;
HILLSIDE 103 inch twin cam statge 3 head;
HILLSIDE 117 inch twin cam stage 3 head;
HILLSIDE 124 inch twin cam stage 3 head..........and now, the coup de gras, the piece de resistance, the icing on the cake..the bull in the china store......
HILLSIDE 131 twin cam custom head build-- 

EVeryone one of these builds were monsters....but the 117, 124 were off -the- chart tire shredders....and this 131.....well....we will soon find out!!!!

I have to ask most of you with these builds listed above that who ever the builders are or kits that you get for these size motors that you can't ride these bikes on long distant trips? If you can't these motors across country then let me ask how far can you ride them on a trip that is safe were they won't break down.

build it

Mark, why wouldn't these big inch builds be long distance friendly? I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from. S&S markets their 124 with a change in cams as a touring build, actually, they (S&S) say that the stock 640 is fine, but if you don't care about top end performance stick the 5er in there and be all set, no need to worry about the bump in ccp. Star racing markets their 126 as a performance orientated touring motor that is track friendly.

There are a number of other factors that make a build less touring friendly, like not knowing how to ride, or even poor assembly, or a poor tune. If those bases are covered, you should be just fine.
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

partycrasher

January 13, 2011, 07:36:54 AM #41 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:56:49 AM by partycrasher
marc---perhaps you need to start your own thread to get other opinions.   ANd, Maybe you need to clarify what size build you are asking about. I think you are  missing the point. ....do i think a big inch motor can do the trip--absolutely--especially if set-up for that style of riding....consider cam choice. Would i personally do it on my own bike--no. Not for fear that it will break down....but because that is not the intent of the motor as i have had it designed. However, two years ago i drove from NH to LA with my 117 Hillside build...and it was a blast...no problems....can the motors do it--yes they can.   So--build it, ride it and enjoy it.

mark mpdc

January 13, 2011, 08:01:14 AM #42 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:04:53 AM by mark mpdc
Quote from: build it on January 13, 2011, 07:35:11 AM
Mark, why wouldn't these big inch builds be long distance friendly? I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from. S&S markets their 124 with a change in cams as a touring build, actually, they (S&S) say that the stock 640 is fine, but if you don't care about top end performance stick the 5er in there and be all set, no need to worry about the bump in ccp. Star racing markets their 126 as a performance orientated touring motor that is track friendly.

There are a number of other factors that make a build less touring friendly, like not knowing how to ride, or even poor assembly, or a poor tune. If those bases are covered, you should be just fine.

Listen i am not downing any kind of build here.All i am asking is shouldn't any of these big builds be versitile enough to were they can be bar hoppers and can ride across country if you choose to ride it there. I myself and i am just talking about me because if i get a g2 145ci next year and the builder tells me that the motor will not make it across country their is no way for me i would buy that motor and put in my bike.Now i like to ride hard just like the next guy and i also like to just cruise and later this year i am riding to california from the eastcoast so to me why can't a street-race motor do all these things that you ask of it?

BONERACIN

xzo-- Riding curve you say.....Indeed!! These HILLSIDE builds are asphalt shredders. Let me break it down for you. In the past 5 years, Hillside motorcycle and machine in NY has built be the fillowing builds:

HILLSIDE 124 inch twin cam stage 3 head..........and now, the coup de gras, the piece de resistance, the icing on the cake..the bull in the china store......

EVeryone one of these builds were monsters....but the 117, 124 were off -the- chart tire shredders....and this 131.....well....we will soon find out!!!!

This doesn't even take into consideration the heads that Scott has done  for other combos.  I know of a 106 with a set of his stage3 heads that isn't no slouch!!!!!!
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

xzo124

:up: :up: It'll be a peice of work for sure , cant wait to see results .Have fun....xzo

mark mpdc

January 13, 2011, 08:42:58 AM #45 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:45:43 AM by mark mpdc
I ask shouldn't any 131 no matter what the set up of the motor that if you ride it on the street that it should make it across country if you wanted to ride it there? If a builder tells you up front in no matter what size motor he is building you that this motor can't or won't make it across country or that he wouldn't trust it then why bother getting that motor put in your bike?I am not pointing the finger at any one person this is just a general question/opinion based upon motors getting bigger and bigger and running on the street.

partycrasher

mark--please go start your own thread.......Thank you

partycrasher

joe at joescyclerepair just called and said he has a good custom map started...has finished up with the idle and low speed driving phases and is slowly making his way up the powerband.............

xzo124

mark mpdc

partycrasher

...on the dyno---hope to have some numbers-SAE--by end of the day... :smilep:

partycrasher

January 13, 2011, 12:31:51 PM #51 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:40:53 AM by partycrasher
...tuning is not done yet

xzo124

Quote from: partycrasher on January 13, 2011, 12:31:51 PM
...tuning is not done yet but here are some numbers:

ACTUAL 150HP 155 TQ
SAE   145 HP 150 TQ
STD 146 HP 155 TQ

-JC-1

ACTUAL 150HP 155 TQ
SAE   145 HP 150 TQ
STD 146 HP 155 TQ

that'll do!

:smile:

congrats to all !
04 FLHT-S&S 124-Baisley-640ez-xxx super g-IST-02-FXST 103 NRA Patron SAF Life

03deuce

ACTUAL 150HP 155 TQ
SAE   145 HP 150 TQ
STD 146 HP 155 TQ

That should getter done!     :up:

aharp

I think those are great numbers especially with a fbw throttle body

partycrasher

Thanks guys....i  cant wait to get it back from the tuner....and for all this damn snow to melt. Should have final dynom numbers by end of the day!!

BONERACIN

Boneracin

mark mpdc

Also does it matter when dyno tuning if its summer or winter? Congrats on the numbers by the way.

xzo124

xzo124

What all was new in this upgrade ??...zxo

partycrasher

Hillside custom cylinder head modifications, Horse power inc 62mm TB, 662-2 cams, new wiseco specialty pistons .....retune.

stock jims motor was about 132TQ and 118 HP....so we picked up a ton of power especially considering it's still a 131 cubic inches.

xzo124

Quote from: partycrasher on January 14, 2011, 07:10:45 AM
Hillside custom cylinder head modifications, Horse power inc 62mm TB, 662-2 cams, new wiseco specialty pistons .....retune.

stock jims motor was about 132TQ and 118 HP....so we picked up a ton of power especially considering it's still a 131 cubic inches.
Congrats , Just take it easy , it may have a couple more in it , after a few miles .....xzo

Admiral Akbar

1FSTRK

I wouldn't want to pay his heat and electric bill it was 10 degress here in NY at 1 in the morning.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

partycrasher

i think his time stamp is wrong.....

FXDRYDR

WOW!!!  That is a great-looking curve.  A monster!

partycrasher

Just talked to joe who said he is only 75% done on the tune and has a good bit more to go....he is expecting the numbers to still go up when he gets to the top end of the curve for tuning.....I was more than happy with where it was.....looks like there is more to come!!!

Hillside Motorcycle

A little birdie told me that 131"er, rolled 155/160, SAE, just before COB today.
Actual was more, but his calculated, correction factor isn't 1.20 plus. :dgust:
Scott

dirtydon

WOW...hold on tight.. ???? at cruising speed what do you est. the fuel milage the be ..if any??? congrate on that build

xzo124

Quote from: xzo124 on January 06, 2011, 02:09:06 PM
Have you already converted over to chain. If not  YOU WILL . I'm guessing it will be in the 160+range on the torque side....xzo
I was pretty close. :up: :wink:....xzo

boatnut

Hey Partycrasher, nice motor...  I am in the middle of having almost exactly the same thing built. My Jims 131 went bad at 7,000 miles. Dean at Vancouver Island Performance here on Vancouver Island has my motor spread from coast to coast lol...(Darkhorse to Baisley). 
Hope you are ok with a few questions....
Going to be using the same cams from T-Man (with Woods lifters), are the cams noisy??
Did you use the custom 20 degree dome pistons from T-man?
If not, what pistons?
What comp releases did you use? Single or double?
Did you do this just because your crazed like I am, or did your motor do not happy things as well?
Don't want to hi jack thread so PM me if want to bs about Jims.... 
Clive

mark mpdc

Thats alot of horsepower and torque riding around in the neighborhood. :hyst:

partycrasher

January 15, 2011, 11:03:21 AM #73 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 11:21:38 AM by partycrasher
marc mpdc--I dont know you...but this is the second time i have asked you to stay out of my thread. Please find another playground to play in...perhaps the honda forum. Your 1 week membership on this forum does not impress. i would appreciate it if you would not post on my thread again. Thank you

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: mark mpdc on January 15, 2011, 09:21:09 AM
Thats alot of horsepower and torque riding around in the neighborhood. :hyst:

mark mpdc, you've got a couple threads going with some knowledgeable people trying to give you good advice and the facts of life on big builds.  Your comments on this thread have deteriorated to what appears to be simple "Potty mouth" stirring and it's time to back off.

Thank you.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

partycrasher

January 15, 2011, 11:48:19 AM #75 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:42:31 AM by partycrasher
 that's the power of the HILLSIDE HAMMER head work taking hold....... :teeth:

xzo124

Quote from: partycrasher on January 15, 2011, 11:48:19 AM
Update from the tuner.....apparently the rear tire had to be replaced midd-dyno tune....he said it concaved and twisted and bent like hell....i guess that's the power of the HILLSIDE HAMMER head work taking hold....... :teeth:
"COMIN IN FOR A PIT STOP BOYS"

HV

Mark.. read this and learn ... Myself and others on here routinely build large displacement bikes that have no issues riding 4000 6000 miles on a trip.... I have a number of 103s ...110s...120s that run from my location to Daytona and back every summer a round trip of 6000 miles + some have done this at high speeds year after year .. Big engines run on the highway with ease due to high torque much easier then most stock engines... enough said... go play someplace else
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

partycrasher

Quote from: boatnut on January 14, 2011, 07:30:28 PM
Hey Partycrasher, nice motor...  I am in the middle of having almost exactly the same thing built. My Jims 131 went bad at 7,000 miles. Dean at Vancouver Island Performance here on Vancouver Island has my motor spread from coast to coast lol...(Darkhorse to Baisley). 
Hope you are ok with a few questions....
Going to be using the same cams from T-Man (with Woods lifters), are the cams noisy??
Did you use the custom 20 degree dome pistons from T-man?
If not, what pistons?
What comp releases did you use? Single or double?
Did you do this just because your crazed like I am, or did your motor do not happy things as well?
Don't want to hi jack thread so PM me if want to bs about Jims.... 
Clive
boatnut--those are 6 degree dome pistons i am using. I am running the automatic compression releases in the 131. The cams are not noisy. I am using the harley b lifters in mine. My motor was running perfectly well....it just was time to step it up in power...Hope you are happy with yor build. Feel free to call scott at Hillside--he has all my build details.

oh--what went bad on your 131?

build it

very nice curves PartyCrasher, congratulations. I can't wait to see the final numbers.
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

TXChop

se

real nice
i still think a 54 cam at 10.7 compression will yeild better results tho    :hyst:  :banghead:
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: se on January 15, 2011, 03:15:25 PM
real nice
i still think a 54 cam at 10.7 compression will yeild better results tho    :hyst:  :banghead:

:potstir: :potstir: :hyst:
Scott

partycrasher

January 15, 2011, 04:02:09 PM #83 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:06:18 PM by partycrasher
Quote from: se on January 15, 2011, 03:15:25 PM
real nice

George---Now that's funny!!
--You may remember from my vtwin days that i have a propensity to fire back when fired upon....but i'll tell ya...i have been biting my tongue with this guy for 2 days.....

se

me too
i figure the mods have him in their sites..
no need to go any further with itt
ya cant fix stupid
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

boatnut

Partycrasher, short version.... comp release, lifters, rings, valve seals, crank runout, con rod slop, oil pump. 7,000 serviced to hell miles and completely done.
Are your pistons the ones that T-man has Wiseco make? Thought those were 20 degree, maybe I'm wrong...
When I started to read about your build I had just made the final decisions with my builder and the parts had literally been shipped out to Darkhorse/Baisley that day!  Probably not too many of us with this combo. Enjoy that ride, I can barely sleep myself.

x52gnr

What brand tire do ya use, I think I need to buy stock.... :bike: :up:
2012 Heritage Softail
2008 Gl1800 (Gold Wing) Airbagger

RKC100

George, great comeback!! LMAO!! Partycrasher, hang on to that beast. Very nice build. Enjoy!!
03 RKC: 117 Built and dyno tuned by Steve @ GMR Perf 124HP-139TQ  FYI   S&S cyls

partycrasher

January 16, 2011, 09:00:30 AM #88 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:43:11 AM by partycrasher
can't wait for joe to finish up the tune...should be tuesday morning. Then, the long wait for this NH winter to end...

les

Maybe staying with the stock tires is a good thing.  Otherwise, you'll be tearing long deep ruts in the pavement.  You gotta think of the rest of us who'll be far behind you...trying to catch up.   :teeth:

partycrasher

les--that's funny. Fact of the matter is....i am trying to keep up with a buddy of mine pushing 180 horse--supercharged. My little naturally aspirated build is gonna give him a run for his money.....and hopefully make him  :cry:

les

That will be a very interesting comparison.  Please post results...but be very careful!!!

76shuvlinoff

I mean this in the most respectful and lite hearted way...

Isn't penis envy great???  I know it has cost me a lot of money.

Honestly, the build sounds fantastic. If you get a clutch that holds it and rubber that hooks up you're gonna break some "Potty mouth".
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

xzo124

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on January 17, 2011, 03:07:44 PM
I mean this in the most respectful and lite hearted way...

Isn't penis envy great???  I know it has cost me a lot of money.

Honestly, the build sounds fantastic. If you get a clutch that holds it and rubber that hooks up you're gonna break some "Potty mouth".
:agree: Let the fun begin.....xzo

partycrasher

I should have final dyno sheets on wednesday when i get the bike....I'll post SAE, STD and Actual. Joe says the clutch is doing well....but the rear tire keps spinning on the drum ....

I am really, really looking forward to riding this bike. Scott and craig at Hillside really pulled out all the stops and they are to be commended. And I am certain that joe at joescyclerepair put a great tune on it..he always does.

Big boys and their toys....amen to that brother!!! Putting big power in a bagger is great...cause it rides like a cadillac and pulls like a freight train.  Thanks for all the well wishes fellas!!

les

partycrasher, ever give thoughts to taking the beast to the track and seeing what ET you can capture in the quarter mile?  It might be an interesting experiment to see how the power and traction all come together in what's achievable down a quarter mile run.

HD/Wrench

The builds sounds great. SHould be a blast to ride.. I miss my old 124 bike.  Wait till you get to roast the tire in 3rd gear on a roll....

partycrasher

January 17, 2011, 04:04:37 PM #97 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:49:14 AM by partycrasher
les--i can tell you from first hand experience that hard launches on a big "built" bagger  can reek havoc. My bike is really not set up for it....would need to do a chain conversion and some other mods to keep it together and to do it right.  For now--i plan to just enjoy riding it on the street to tour the beautiful new england country side.....occasionally at warp speed. It's kind of like a rocket.... point and shoot. Even before the mods, it was amazing how fast you could go from casual cruising to pinning the needle on the speedo. That doesn't mean i wont be putting foot to azz with my sleeper build....

Looking forward to surprising some of my riding buddies this spring.  :up:

strokerjlk

January 17, 2011, 05:27:07 PM #98 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:06:58 AM by strokerjlk
never mind just thinking out loud
looks like a hand full for sure...nice job guys :up:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Hillside Motorcycle

January 17, 2011, 05:36:00 PM #99 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:35:00 AM by Hillsidecyclecom
It ought to be a good one. :smile:
Scott

Admiral Akbar

You need a better picture so that you can laminate a smaller version and stuff it your wallet..  :wink:

Pretty impressive..

Max

partycrasher

Max. Truth be told...i said to scott and joe that i didn't care what they finall numers were.....i just wanted a really strong running bike......so no-wallet-laminated versioni for me.

pwmorris

Quote from: partycrasher on January 18, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
.....i just wanted a really strong running bike......so no-wallet-laminated versioni for me.
Mission accomplished!

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: partycrasher on January 18, 2011, 08:10:42 AM
Here is the final Actual pull from the tuner. Still waiting on more sheets. 156/163 Actual

Joe the tuner at www.joescyclerepair.com said this 131 Hillside build is the highest naturally aspirated horse power and torque twin cam he has ever seen.

The reason that it looks like it does off the bottom is there was a traction issue, as were told. :smilep:
Scott

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: partycrasher on January 18, 2011, 08:10:42 AM
Here is the final Actual pull from the tuner. Still waiting on more sheets. 156/163 Actual

Joe the tuner at www.joescyclerepair.com said this 131 Hillside build is the highest naturally aspirated horse power and torque twin cam he has ever seen.

well that just pisses me off   :teeth:
 - Ernest Hemingway

xzo124

January 18, 2011, 09:53:44 AM #105 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:56:06 AM by xzo124
The reason that it looks like it does off the bottom is there was a traction issue, as were told.
Scott   :up: :up:Probably will have same problem on the pavement.. just hope it will go straight..GOOD STUFF !!!...xzo

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: partycrasher on January 18, 2011, 08:48:44 AM
Max. Truth be told...i said to scott and joe that i didn't care what they finall numers were.....i just wanted a really strong running bike......so no-wallet-laminated versioni for me.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how long the tires last.. Good things about the 2010 is that the rear is fat.. Power wheelies?? If you get around to it get a pic..  :teeth:  Max

biggzed

Hey Max.... weren't you looking for a bagger that could pull the front up in second gear a while ago? I think you have a candidate here.

Zach

Admiral Akbar

January 18, 2011, 03:26:00 PM #108 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:37:49 PM by MaxHeadflow
Quote from: biggzed on January 18, 2011, 01:11:17 PM
Hey Max.... weren't you looking for a bagger that could pull the front up in second gear a while ago? I think you have a candidate here.

Zach

Yep,,

Waiting fer pics..  :teeth:   Max

partycrasher

MAx:  PM me what your looking to spend......  :wink:

partycrasher

hOPING TO GET THE BIKE TOMRROW....ALL THIS SNOW AND ICE IS SLOWING THINGS DOWN A BIT...

Black Diamond

sAs

AWESOME Build! I have a 107 build by Hillside at Joes as we speak. I'll be out there Saturday to pick it up so looks like our paths wont cross there... Im still trying to figure out how your gonna stay on that thing! CONGRATS TO ALL INVOLVED!  :up: :up: :up:

TripleT

Your 131 is a beast, enjoy the power which should be awesome. Hillside is working on my Night Train 124 currently,  head work to incorporate the new HP ink 62. After that, Mr. Joe will perform his magic, I was turning out 148/154 all summer and had a blast. I will post the results when my NT is unleashed, I hope to be part of that 150 plus club.
Constipated people don't give a crap

bigpete1

congrats to everyone involved ,them palmer bros got it going on and joe is very good at his job ,i might have to get me one of 131s and take it apartand make it run like partycrasher's  thanks pete

partycrasher

January 20, 2011, 09:33:20 AM #115 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:44:26 AM by partycrasher
Triple T....so your is the 124 i keep hearing about.

TripleT

Partycrasher, you would be right about the guy you heard about, thats me. Perhaps we will meet some time at Mr. Joes, I frequent his place often. Did you pick your bike up yet?   

partycrasher

January 20, 2011, 01:54:17 PM #117 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:57:05 PM by partycrasher
holy mother of twin cam deamons....this things sounds wicked...like a big block chevy on steroids....can't wiat to grip it -n- rip it!!!!

speed limit

partyrasher what a awsome build. i really dont think dunlops will be up to the task the only tire that i get decent traction out of is the avon am 23 my bike only makes 150 ft lbs. and they are gettin hard to find i only get 2500 mles or so out of them but they do hook. good luck with that belt also
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

partycrasher

thanks speed limit....thats good info.

speed limit

got a seceret source for am 23s pm me if interested
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

partycrasher

speed--the 2010 flhx rear is a 180/65-16 i think. Do they make the avon in that size???

HogBag

January 21, 2011, 02:06:43 PM #122 Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:32:23 PM by hogbag
Avon race am23 200/60/16 is the closest. Tyre its rated at 150 mph

http://www.thefind.com/sports/browse-avon-am23-tire#page=1

Avon av72 180/65/16 rated 130 mph

Hillside Motorcycle

Those 23's are sticky, but like speedlimit said, wear out very quickly. :smile: :smile:
scott

partycrasher

don't think i's gonna fit unless i do a chain conversion. The 2010 is running the larger 180 tire and accordingly, the smaller belt. Don't think the 200 series will clear.....if anyone knows for certain please le tm know.

1FSTRK

Quote from: partycrasher on January 17, 2011, 03:26:22 PM
I should have final dyno sheets on wednesday when i get the bike....I'll post SAE, STD and Actual. Joe says the clutch is doing well....but the rear tire keps spinning on the drum ...

Will you be posting these soon? Will you post the motor specs as a list?
It is easier to read the way things are posted in the dyno section than to go through the six pages here looking for some of the specs.
Thanks
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

HogBag

Bridgestone exedra 180/70/16 G851 W or Z  rating 168 MPH.
All other 180/16 cruiser tyres rate H  130 MPH.   

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ26164

partycrasher

Admiral Akbar

I run the Bridgestone exedra 180/60/18 G851 on the 116 dyna and 113 bobber.. they seem to work well enough to keep using them.  I can get a good launch on a cold tire.. Max

pwmorris

Quote from: partycrasher on January 21, 2011, 04:21:50 AM
speed--the 2010 flhx rear is a 180/65-16 i think. Do they make the avon in that size???
If you really want that big boy to grab, get rid of the 16"rear tire and belt-17" has lots more options for your bar hopper if you really want to get sticky. Keep in mind that energy has to go somewhere.
Are you sure you want to hookup and have the front end come up and then possibly slam down the heavy front end of that land yacht on a regular basis-possibly damaging parts? I say let the rear tire spin with a good quality street tire and keep the drivetrain and chassis safe.
No free lunch...

partycrasher

pwmorris- you are reading my mind! Let'in the rear end spin helps things stay together.....besides, there is a limit to how hard you can launch with a rear belt drive, iso drive and a stock chassis.

HogBag

January 24, 2011, 03:49:50 PM #131 Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:23:00 PM by hogbag
I'm not posting these tyres for hook up reasons more for the speed rating. That bike would fly past the 130 mph H rating. If there coming apart on the dyno they will come apart on the road at warp speed.

76shuvlinoff

sounds like you have tires covered... what about 168 mph brakes?

just askin...
 - Ernest Hemingway

HogBag

January 24, 2011, 09:32:38 PM #133 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:18:13 PM by hogbag
brakes I supose the OP could change wheels to 17 and 18 with low profile tyres to drop some unsprung weight from the bike. Then he could fit larger lighter rotors with gold line 4 spot  brembo calipers with the remote ducati style master cylinder.?  I was just trying to help with some tyre choices instead of the H rated touring tyres. My 07 flht  bike does 220 kph in 4th gear. Maybe the OP bike will only go WOT on the dyno in 4th and  5th gear but one H rated  dunlop tyre could not handle it.     

partycrasher

January 25, 2011, 04:12:38 AM #134 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:19:07 AM by partycrasher
WOT is not reserved solely for the dyno.  :teeth:  As to the rotors--i am still investigating what upgraded rotors will work with the brembo oem calipers  and pads. Detonators perhaps....but waiting to hear back from dealer on options.. Suggestions welcomed

JohnCA58

January 25, 2011, 11:12:55 AM #135 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:15:13 AM by JohnCA58
This set up works out great,  got a 180-55-18 and the 08 OEM brembo with larger rotor,  also the caliper is a bolt on to the bracket.  makes it easier to pull wheel off and on.

this is a 2000 RKC with 09 rear fender.   PBI front sprocket with .500 offset and 530 chain and .625 spacer on rear sprocket.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
YOLO

who?me?

I realize this is my first post on this forum, but finally had to comment on partycrash motor. I have been reading through this whole thread totally amazed at what can be done. I have only owned my road king a few months. This is like the first time I found one of my dad's Playboy mags as a kid.

Life will never be the same.

JohnCA58

Look out who?me?  you have pretty much bought a perpetual money whore.  it will never stop. :embarrassed:
YOLO

partycrasher

76shuvlinoff

QuoteThis is like the first time I found one of my dad's Playboy mags....

...shortly after that I started lifting his Drewrys and Winstons.  It's pretty much been hell to pay ever since.

- Ernest Hemingway

rigidthumper

There's worse habits to have... ;)

who?me?

Quote from: partycrasher on January 26, 2011, 11:43:45 AM
who me....welcome aboard

Thank you. Your build is a motorhead's dream. I would pay for a ticket to attend the dyno tune of  your bike. Congradulations.

partycrasher

who?me?--don't worry brother....now that your hooked--it's a life long infliction.

ndmp40

Quote from: JohnCA58 on January 25, 2011, 11:12:55 AM
This set up works out great,  got a 180-55-18 and the 08 OEM brembo with larger rotor,  also the caliper is a bolt on to the bracket.  makes it easier to pull wheel off and on.

this is a 2000 RKC with 09 rear fender.   PBI front sprocket with .500 offset and 530 chain and .625 spacer on rear sprocket.

Can you help us out with some more info?
1. what size wheel did you use?
2. what did you need to do to get the 09 fender to fit?  major surgery or just minor work?
3. can you provide part numbers for the sprocket?

Thanks in adavance.  Lots of us would be interested in putting a 180-18 on our pre-09 baggers with a chain.  I have a 160-16 on there now, using the stock belt and pullies, and its a very tight fit. 

JohnCA58

So we dont take over this topic,  I will start another topic with the info   :up:

Actually I have a topic called  My Winter Project already started,  I have some info in there,  give me a pm
YOLO

HD/Wrench

John , Take a look at the HHI calipers. Not overly priced and work very well.

partycrasher

February 01, 2011, 08:04:27 AM #146 Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:13:29 AM by partycrasher
2010 has brembo caliper and pads....i think the upgrade should focus on rotors  or better pads....but thank you for the suggestion. Gonna call brembo and see what they suggest

HD/Wrench

Jay brake ,  offers a 6 pistons differential bore. Unless you change the size of the rotor not a whole lot to be gain. Leverage is still the same. Caliper power is going to make the difference. They are located in New york , maybe a road trip is in order, who knows maybe you can test a product... 

Either way we have installed the HHI and they stop better than the stock brembos, with stock rotors.  Now go to a larger rotor and a 6 piston and it will really stop.. 

Admiral Akbar

Don't need to change the calipers themselves.. Go to a 5/8 bore master and add better pad / floating rotors.. SS lines..

Max

partycrasher

yoydine says pads is the way to go....so i have contacted vesrah suzuki to see what they may have....will keep ya'll in the loop

ndmp40

Quote from: JohnCA58 on January 31, 2011, 04:03:10 PM
So we dont take over this topic,  I will start another topic with the info   :up:

Actually I have a topic called  My Winter Project already started,  I have some info in there,  give me a pm

Thanks i will send you a pm.
Neil

Hillside Motorcycle

Mr. Partycrasher,
A little birdie told me you went on a little ride with some other folks??
Lot of sand in the intersections/corners here.
We need more rain to clear the salt off as well. :smile:
Scott

partycrasher

Those little birdies do chirp a lot.....This weekend i took the newly refreshed 131 out for a little spin.....lets just say--it's a MONSTER!!. The bike pulls so hard and so fast to redline that there is no time to think....twist -shift--twist-shift-twist-shift.....untill the needle is burried and you run out-of-road....lets just say that this is a HOMERUN!!!!!!

rredneckn2

Nice job Hillside.Sounds like it could use a parachute
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

JohnCA58

Sound like you have a monster there  :up:, Can't wait to work with Scott on my next project.  On the brakes,  I finally went with the total Brembo set up, package included everything.   got it from Calif Phil on here,  I was going to go with JayBrake six piston calipers, but could not find a rotor set up that work for me in 13 in.   Brembo set up comes with 12.6    No one could match his price on the set up.   :up:
YOLO

TripleT

Partycrasher, I heard about your ride,  :up: :pop: That missile rocks. I just posted my results.

partycrasher

March 21, 2011, 05:28:40 PM #156 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:45:54 AM by partycrasher
Triplte T......i saw your sheets man, they look awesome. Heard that you absolutely love the bike--congratulations to all involved.

TripleT

Wish I was there to witness the destruction, something to be said about a normal asperated 131 pumping out that kind of power. I can only imagine what that tq feels like, lets see if we can get together this summer and do a little riding. Becareful on that rocket, I kinda know what your feeling, lol.

madjack

partycrasher, One of my winter projects was a change in my shifter, you might be a bennifactor of.  On my Baker DD6, I put a N123 shifter drum, for my shifter linkage I put a newway shifter on. What this gave me is 2 pedals side by side. Inside one is for down shifts, with neutral being the last down shift. All I can say is its incredible to have neutral as the last shift. But the best part is the outside pedal is 1 thru 6, and when I started to really test it ,what I found was at WOT by just the weight of my foot on the pedal, without the clutch lever even touched, at the instant the bike hit the rev limiter, it shifts so fast you would think its a auto, This could end up being one of the best upgrades I've done to my little mouse 103.  Gene

JohnCA58

Madjack,   I would like to see pictures of that set-up   :up:
YOLO

madjack

TripleT

Thats an impressive set up, I like  :up:

partycrasher

if i changed it would be to an air shifter....nothing else.

TripleT

Jon, I think the only thing you need to change would be your pants after driving that beast  :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

madjack

yea, the air shifter, if I built just for the track thats for sure the way I'd go too. For the street, not so much.

pwmorris

Partycrasher,
you could go with an electric shifter from Pingle or Dale Walker-they are alot of fun! Add a reverse gearing set up from Baker and look out!
BTW-was wondering about the difference between your build and Triple T's 124"-is he running a little more compression than you to pull the bigger numbers? Different Heads? Either way, both sure look like a thrill ride!

partycrasher

He is running more compression, different exhaust, cams, among other such factors....perhaps scott could answer this question better. I see Triple T  is now in the middle of the "joe dyno" wars, as i call them. Like charlie sheen....it makes for good entertainment.

Admiral Akbar

QuoteLike charlie sheen....it makes for good entertainment.

Sorry,  Sheen is a bunch better..

TripleT

NCTURBOS

Quote from: madjack on March 23, 2011, 11:41:45 AM
Sure www.newwayshifter.com ,  top notch quality .

I might have to get one of those when I put the boards back on my bike!!

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

madjack

K, I first was useing the shifter with a normal shift drum. no real issues but finding neutral was a little awkward, seemed to want to go past the neutral detent, thats when I dropped the n123 drum in. I'll never go back, could just be somehting that I like, an another wouldn't, don't have any knowledge of others for feedback.

Hillside Motorcycle

Partycrasher,
Have you had a chance to roll around anymore?? :smile:
Scott

partycrasher

mayor

what's the weather doing for you fellows.  It dropped 20 degree's last Friday going into Saturday, and hasn't warmed up since.  Didn't even make it to 40 today.   :emsad: 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

TripleT

waiting on the warm weather also, cold as $hit at night. 

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: mayor on March 25, 2011, 06:06:37 PM
what's the weather doing for you fellows.  It dropped 20 degree's last Friday going into Saturday, and hasn't warmed up since.  Didn't even make it to 40 today.   :emsad:

Sounds like a good time for Joe to do some runs.. Max

partycrasher

March 26, 2011, 03:48:37 AM #176 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:54:01 AM by partycrasher
 :hyst:

weather here is cold....maybe a high of 30 today.

moose

partycrasher

what intake manifold did you use on the 131
Moose aka Glenn-

partycrasher

se 58 mm TB set up...modified by hp inc to 62

Hillside Motorcycle

Yes, it was pulled out to 62mm, with HPI's proprietary "Y" manifold,(read, OE was cut off, and probably re-cycled into something useful) with a 1.800" intake port diameter.
Scott

TXChop

HD/Wrench

what pulley did you get with it?? I have a few here that we have been using for testing.  I would think you are running low boost unless you are taking it back apart and dropping the compression.  Injector wise we are running a 110 lb a hr , 12.5 gps Without doing the math, at injectors this large you stop using the GPS and move to lb per hr.. just for example my stroker 413 LS engine has 65 lb injectors in it..  :wink: All stock set up on the pro or custom intercooler??

You will like that hit.. that is a fact.

partycrasher

Quote from: partycrasher on March 31, 2011, 07:46:05 AM
UPS arrived..........

:teeth:   :teeth:   :teeth: 

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: partycrasher on March 31, 2011, 07:46:05 AM
UPS arrived..........

That 131"er certainly doesn't NEED that, as the sheer power of that bike, has been more than potently displayed, in your immediate neighborhood. :wink:
The tower now has you cleared for take-off............. :hyst:
Scott

rob71458

Quote from: TXCHOP on March 31, 2011, 07:47:45 AM
Thats going on the 131? DAM!
Hey Dan, Maybe we can get a discount on a nitrous kit.   :potstir:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

Hillside Motorcycle

Rob,
You could fit at least 3 bottles in each saddle bag............. :up:
Scott

aharp

At this point one could turbo a Hayabusa

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

partycrasher

April 01, 2011, 07:23:21 AM #188 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:46:48 AM by partycrasher
The procharger is for my stock 96 inch bike

rob71458

Oh Ok, Now I get it. I was like  :wtf:, he wants more power.  :hyst:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: aharp on April 01, 2011, 05:19:38 AM
At this point one could turbo a Hayabusa

Have witnessed the results of those.........wild power!!!!!
Scott

rigidthumper

Quote from: rob71458 on April 01, 2011, 08:41:53 AM
Oh Ok, Now I get it. I was like  :wtf:, he wants more power.  :hyst:
I believe you could put a 500 HP motor in his frame, and in a week, he'd be calling Scott, askin for more :)
I get that!

Admiral Akbar

QuoteThe 131 is so strong and reliable right
Wow, Got 20K on it already?

Max

moose

Quote from: Hillsidecyclecom on March 26, 2011, 05:46:26 AM
Yes, it was pulled out to 62mm, with HPI's proprietary "Y" manifold,(read, OE was cut off, and probably re-cycled into something useful) with a 1.800" intake port diameter.
Scott

were the heads opened up to the 1.800 were they the se heads with the 1.750 opening ? if you did not open the head does it work ok with the difference?

just trying to get my intake to fit for a mikuni 48 mm the heads are 1.750 and the manifolds are 1.800 trying to find the right manifold
Moose aka Glenn-

Tbones

Quote from: partycrasher on April 01, 2011, 07:23:21 AM
The procharger is for my stock 96 inch bike......and not the 131 (although 200 HP would be fun). The 131 is so strong and reliable right now that there is no good reason to frig with it. I am yet to ride a naturally aspirated motor that is as fun as mine....and, even my friend with a procharged bike has a hell of a time keeping up with me....although he does start to wiggle past me over 120mph. Frankly--the sheer brute force of the 131 is just amazing....and actually very pleasant and easy to ride at the same time.

The procharger is gonna go on my road glide.....just to put a litttle oomph to it....and frankly--i have been interested in going supercharged for some time. Looks like the gang over at www.joescyclerepair.com is gonna have their hands full tuning this thing.....ordered a boss fat cat with the performance baffle to let it breath, wood 555 cams and some new injectors to start. Expecting about 140hp and 120 TQ......will know in the next few weeks.
You'll like the Pro-charger...  Put one on my 07 FLHTCI with a JIMS 113 ci stroker kit...  She motates down the road rather well :)...  Yeah that's right Stroker, the motor is still running just fine :)...
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=

partycrasher

one has nothing to do with the other..

BONERACIN

Why are you selling? Didn't you just get it together.
Boneracin

Tbones

Quote from: partycrasher on May 13, 2011, 04:18:54 AM
one has nothing to do with the other..
Wasn't implying that it was, just said you'll like the blower...  Forget I said anything, what do I know?  Nut'en honey...
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=