May 09, 2024, 11:30:20 AM

News:

HILLSIDE 131 twin cam build

Started by partycrasher, December 30, 2010, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: mayor on March 25, 2011, 06:06:37 PM
what's the weather doing for you fellows.  It dropped 20 degree's last Friday going into Saturday, and hasn't warmed up since.  Didn't even make it to 40 today.   :emsad:

Sounds like a good time for Joe to do some runs.. Max

partycrasher

March 26, 2011, 03:48:37 AM #176 Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 03:54:01 AM by partycrasher
 :hyst:

weather here is cold....maybe a high of 30 today.

moose

partycrasher

what intake manifold did you use on the 131
Moose aka Glenn-

partycrasher

se 58 mm TB set up...modified by hp inc to 62

Hillside Motorcycle

Yes, it was pulled out to 62mm, with HPI's proprietary "Y" manifold,(read, OE was cut off, and probably re-cycled into something useful) with a 1.800" intake port diameter.
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

TXChop

HD/Wrench

what pulley did you get with it?? I have a few here that we have been using for testing.  I would think you are running low boost unless you are taking it back apart and dropping the compression.  Injector wise we are running a 110 lb a hr , 12.5 gps Without doing the math, at injectors this large you stop using the GPS and move to lb per hr.. just for example my stroker 413 LS engine has 65 lb injectors in it..  :wink: All stock set up on the pro or custom intercooler??

You will like that hit.. that is a fact.

partycrasher

Quote from: partycrasher on March 31, 2011, 07:46:05 AM
UPS arrived..........

:teeth:   :teeth:   :teeth: 

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: partycrasher on March 31, 2011, 07:46:05 AM
UPS arrived..........

That 131"er certainly doesn't NEED that, as the sheer power of that bike, has been more than potently displayed, in your immediate neighborhood. :wink:
The tower now has you cleared for take-off............. :hyst:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

rob71458

Quote from: TXCHOP on March 31, 2011, 07:47:45 AM
Thats going on the 131? DAM!
Hey Dan, Maybe we can get a discount on a nitrous kit.   :potstir:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

Hillside Motorcycle

Rob,
You could fit at least 3 bottles in each saddle bag............. :up:
Scott

aharp

At this point one could turbo a Hayabusa
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

moose

Moose aka Glenn-

partycrasher

April 01, 2011, 07:23:21 AM #188 Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:46:48 AM by partycrasher
The procharger is for my stock 96 inch bike

rob71458

Oh Ok, Now I get it. I was like  :wtf:, he wants more power.  :hyst:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: aharp on April 01, 2011, 05:19:38 AM
At this point one could turbo a Hayabusa

Have witnessed the results of those.........wild power!!!!!
Scott

rigidthumper

Quote from: rob71458 on April 01, 2011, 08:41:53 AM
Oh Ok, Now I get it. I was like  :wtf:, he wants more power.  :hyst:
I believe you could put a 500 HP motor in his frame, and in a week, he'd be calling Scott, askin for more :)
I get that!
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Admiral Akbar

QuoteThe 131 is so strong and reliable right
Wow, Got 20K on it already?

Max

moose

Quote from: Hillsidecyclecom on March 26, 2011, 05:46:26 AM
Yes, it was pulled out to 62mm, with HPI's proprietary "Y" manifold,(read, OE was cut off, and probably re-cycled into something useful) with a 1.800" intake port diameter.
Scott

were the heads opened up to the 1.800 were they the se heads with the 1.750 opening ? if you did not open the head does it work ok with the difference?

just trying to get my intake to fit for a mikuni 48 mm the heads are 1.750 and the manifolds are 1.800 trying to find the right manifold
Moose aka Glenn-

Tbones

Quote from: partycrasher on April 01, 2011, 07:23:21 AM
The procharger is for my stock 96 inch bike......and not the 131 (although 200 HP would be fun). The 131 is so strong and reliable right now that there is no good reason to frig with it. I am yet to ride a naturally aspirated motor that is as fun as mine....and, even my friend with a procharged bike has a hell of a time keeping up with me....although he does start to wiggle past me over 120mph. Frankly--the sheer brute force of the 131 is just amazing....and actually very pleasant and easy to ride at the same time.

The procharger is gonna go on my road glide.....just to put a litttle oomph to it....and frankly--i have been interested in going supercharged for some time. Looks like the gang over at www.joescyclerepair.com is gonna have their hands full tuning this thing.....ordered a boss fat cat with the performance baffle to let it breath, wood 555 cams and some new injectors to start. Expecting about 140hp and 120 TQ......will know in the next few weeks.
You'll like the Pro-charger...  Put one on my 07 FLHTCI with a JIMS 113 ci stroker kit...  She motates down the road rather well :)...  Yeah that's right Stroker, the motor is still running just fine :)...
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=

partycrasher

one has nothing to do with the other..

BONERACIN

Why are you selling? Didn't you just get it together.
Boneracin
"Uncle Sam made me cut off my mullet"

Tbones

Quote from: partycrasher on May 13, 2011, 04:18:54 AM
one has nothing to do with the other..
Wasn't implying that it was, just said you'll like the blower...  Forget I said anything, what do I know?  Nut'en honey...
=IF IT DON'T DO 150 IT AIN'T WORTH HAVING=