May 08, 2024, 11:43:25 PM

News:

HILLSIDE 131 twin cam build

Started by partycrasher, December 30, 2010, 05:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

partycrasher

December 30, 2010, 05:35:17 AM Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:28:56 AM by partycrasher
With the help of the Palmer brothers at Hillside Motorcycle & machine in NY, My JIms 131 is currently undergoing major reconstructive surgery. Hillside custom cylinder head modifications, Horse power inc 62mm TB, 662-2 cams, new wiseco specialty pistons and a few others mods...... to ensure that the new year comes in as fast as a speeding bullett. This "sleeper" bagger should wake the dead when all is said and done. Can't wait!!!

Unbalanced

December 30, 2010, 07:44:16 AM #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:09:04 AM by Decoy
Partycrasher,

Is the 60 mm new ?  If you are using the cam plate that comes with the 131 depending on dates of when you received the motor you may want to verify your cam plate is the latest there were some issues on cam plates failing due to soft materials (per Jim's). 

Hope it turns out well and ushers in a speedy new year !

Don D

Didn't know HPI made or created a reworked 60 FBW???

partycrasher

decoy--Thanks for the 411 on the cam plate....i will look into it.

TXChop

Sounds killer!    :up: :up:
Keep us posted..

aharp

I've talked to Scott about this motor and I am waiting anxiously to see how it turns out  :pop:
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

rigidthumper

That would be your basic nuclear ballistic missile!
Better get a Velcro seat and and fuzzy britches!
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

ChromeWhore

What do you speculate the numbers will be?  :soda:
an idiot if you do, an asshole if you don't... WTF

partycrasher

my stock jims 131 put out about 132tq and 120 hp. at the rear wheel......i would think there will be a good improvement--but dont really know where the numbers will land.

Hillside Motorcycle

The 662-2 is in the cam chest at this point (btw VERY, VERY similar to a Wood 9F), modified t/body hit the door on 12/30, and the Wiesco pistons are in transit at this point.
Heads are looking very good from the work, and flow testing data we have gathered.
Gettin' closer by the day. :teeth:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

moose

anyone have the info on the cnc heads jims has on their newer 131's      do they flow better than their older ones or the same
Moose aka Glenn-

Hillside Motorcycle

On this particular set, the front head was not bad out of the gate, but the rear flow data, was waaaaaaaaaaay less, in spite of the obivious CNC work that was done.
Not any more, though. :smile:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

HD/Wrench

Be great to see some before and after flow data on those heads.  Sounds like a killer set up. The 662-2 has made some very good power in 124's & 117's so should be good to see how it works in a 131.  :teeth:

pwmorris

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 06, 2011, 01:14:42 PM
Be great to see some before and after flow data on those heads.  Sounds like a killer set up. The 662-2 has made some very good power in 124's & 117's so should be good to see how it works in a 131.  :teeth:
:up:
Oh yeah, hold on baby!
Partycrasher, you wanted to step up your game on your 131", man you are steppin' WAYYY up....

xzo124

Have you already converted over to chain. If not  YOU WILL . I'm guessing it will be in the 160+range on the torque side....xzo

xzo124

Mine is a touring bike also ,  I've toured Dallas several times and a lot of it on 1 tire !!!LOL.....xzo

partycrasher

....now your talkin! The problem with fast-as-hell harleys is all the explaining you have to do to the race bike crowd after you throttle past them....... :teeth:

xzo124

Quote from: partycrasher on January 06, 2011, 04:08:10 PM
....now your talkin! The problem with fast-as-hell harleys is all the explaining you have to do to the race bike crowd after you throttle past them....... :teeth:
WATCH OUT CROTCH ROCKETS I'm comin round!!!!..xzo

xzo124

Partycrasher or Scott , What CR did ya'll set the motor at ? just wondering.....xzo

HD/Wrench

got a 73 iron head here that you can feel when it is running as well  :hyst:  . Enjoy the new found power.

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: xzo124 on January 07, 2011, 06:16:23 AM
Partycrasher or Scott , What CR did ya'll set the motor at ? just wondering.....xzo

11.0. :teeth:
Scott

aharp

I was on the phone with Scott when this motor fired off. I thought a dump truck had driven through the building.
Speed costs money. How fast do you want to spend?

xzo124

It's definately going to be a handful  :up: :up:...xzo

partycrasher

I'm told that the heat cycling is complete...

wurk_truk

did that engine fit the frame without modification?
Oh No!