May 09, 2024, 12:49:19 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hillside 124 dual cam

Started by TripleT, February 09, 2011, 04:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwmorris

February 16, 2011, 09:30:14 AM #25 Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:30:01 AM by pwmorris
Quote from: TripleT on February 15, 2011, 02:43:46 PM
The report I'm looking at is almost surreal, and the bike is not even completely tunned :beer: So far its 160.3 hp/158.5 tq,  can't wait to see the final numbers..
Incredible!
I'll bet it feels surreal...
Can't wait till you post the sheet Triple T-
Since it's not even completely tuned yet, and based on what you are reporting you might be at 165 HP and 160 Ft Lbs with final tune!
From what you posted, your motor is making way more power than an out of box G2 126"-And your are closing in on HP numbers from a G2 145"!

Barrett

That is impressive, I'm only about 100TQ and it moves my Fatbob just fine, I couldn't imagine havin another 60 to play with, I guess I wouldn't hit my rev limiter as often.

ejk_dyna

yeah but if you put that g2 126 on joe's dyno it would be probably be 180hp/tq.    :argue:

<<Since it's not even completely tuned yet, and based on what you are reporting you might be at 165 HP and 160 Ft Lbs with final tune!
From what you posted, your motor is making way more power than an out of box G2 126"-And your are closing in on HP numbers from a G2 145"!>>

build it

February 16, 2011, 01:25:16 PM #28 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:05:19 PM by build it

Haven't you consistently said not to pay much attention to the dyno graphs on Star's site, that it is a "racer thing", not showing your hand or some such thing? Seeing as that 145" dyno graph is obviously from their site I guess I'm curious as to why you'd post it...

Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

pwmorris

Quote from: build it on February 16, 2011, 01:25:16 PM
Paul,
Haven't you consistently said not to pay much attention to the dyno graphs on Star's site, that it is a "racer thing", not showing your hand or some such thing? Seeing as that 145" dyno graph is obviously from their site I guess I'm curious as to why you'd post it...

I posted it as this is approx. what you would expect to get from a 145" Twin Cam out of the box when you purchase it from G2-mid to high 160's. There are options to take that number higher of course.

Hillside Motorcycle

February 16, 2011, 02:38:45 PM #30 Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:09:30 AM by Hillsidecyclecom
Joe, of Joe's Cycle Repair, is 6'5", weighs 310 lbs, actually.
He just drove this bike to his off-site storage facility, and ON DEMAND, in 3rd gear, the bike BLAZES, the Dunlop 140, as he just alerted us. :hyst:
No dyno numbers, but THAT, is an "actual" result. :hyst:
BTW, the pipe on this is a Rhinehart 2/1 head pipe,(1 7/8") with a Kerker collector, void of baffling except the end cone, and is not fully tuned, as the AFR is lean, from what we've seen is still lean, from 5000 rpms -out.
I am told that a JBV Guppy is going to be in place, prior to Triple T taking possesion of this rocket, as the existing pipe still has signs of being restrictive.
Joe also tunes a TREMENDOUS amount of knee-scrapers, some with Orient Express kits in them, and mentioned that some of those had best beware. :hyst:
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

TripleT

Scott, with all due respect its a 150  :hyst:
Constipated people don't give a crap

partycrasher

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: TripleT on February 16, 2011, 02:58:55 PM
Scott, with all due respect its a 150  :hyst:

Opps, thought it was a 140. :embarrassed:
A 150 is even more impressive. hehe.
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

TripleT

Partycrasher, sheets will be posted when final tune is completed (STD, SAE, SAE Correction and Actual). Joe called me and mentioned what Scott posted regarding the transfer to his storage, I'm very excited to see what the final outcome will be  :teeth: I believed you spoke with joe today?

partycrasher

Hillside Motorcycle

Spoke with Brian Truesdale this morning, at JBV Racing.
Nice guy for sure. :up:
Looks like his black ceramic-coated pipe, may be the weapon of choice. :wink:
Scott

pwmorris

Quote from: Hillsidecyclecom on February 17, 2011, 10:03:03 AM
Spoke with Brian Truesdale this morning, at JBV Racing.
Nice guy for sure. :up:
Looks like his black ceramic-coated pipe, may be the weapon of choice. :wink:
Scott
Brian's a great guy and he has the exhaust weapons for big HP builds-
Just takes time as each pipe is built to order-under 140 HP need not apply...

Hillside Motorcycle

Paul,
He was making mention of that as well.
Triple T's bike, sho 'nuff falls into that catagory. :up:
And BTW, for folks that did not know, Brian was instrumental in the development, of the famed, White Bros "E" Series 2/1.
Scott

TripleT

hello all,

bike is coming along well, just experimenting with different pipe combos. V/H 2 into 1 comp is showing some crazy numbers. Still waiting for a modification on my megaphone baffle, believe that should put me into the 160's SAE. Today with the bad weather it was 158 SAE square, might have a fuel pump problem, seems to lose psi as the demand increases. Starts at 50 psi and reducing to 30 throughout the run. Any suggestions? 

TXChop

Changed your filter at all?
If in need of a pump, look at www.injector.com

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: TXCHOP on February 19, 2011, 12:22:40 PM
Changed your filter at all?
If in need of a pump, look at www.injector.com

Dang,

I paid over 250 for a pump cuz HD doesn't sell only the inlet filter..  :cry:

Max

Hillside Motorcycle

Triple T,
I know Joe has been extensively working with multiple exhaust systems.
What have you heard from him?? :smile:
Scott

TripleT

Scott,

Talked to Joe extensively about exhaust opions, seems we both agree that the RHart head pipe works well with this combo, but the megaphone and baffel seems to be limiting the exhaust. We are going to modify the baffel a little more and see what happens, also test with a 5 inch cone.  Joe strongly believes the motor has 170 hp, I can't say I have ever heard of an asperated 124 running pump gas push that kind of power, have you?? 

rob71458

Holy $hit Batman! That is one sick build. :bike: I wonder what I could get for my HPI 55 TB?  :wink: :potstir:
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

NCTURBOS

Is there a spec. sheet on the build somewhere?  I'm gathering the build is:

4.125" bore x 4.625" stroke (Axtell/S&S/?)
S&S .640 geardrive cams (Advanced or straight up?)
Hillside heads (What original casting? Valve sizes?)
Static compression?

No matter what...  Impressive results!!

K.

-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

Buglet

rob71458

4.125 x 4.625, 640's straight up, 62 mm TB, I believe 11.5cr with reworked S&S heads. T will correct me if I am wrong.
2007 SERK 124, S&S jugs,SE110 heads,640G's,11.5, 58/62 HPI,Bandit,DD7,Bzilla

TripleT

ROB is pretty accurate with his info on the bike, what I believe has set this motor apart from what I previously had is the level 4 Head work HSide produced, Scott mentioned I maxed out his flow bench during testing, think that pretty much states the capability of HS machining. The 62 TB definately adds to the entire package, tuner is Direct Link by Techo Research.  Still currently testing with different exhausts to see what will push me over the 170 mark, the highest I have so far is 166/162. If Scott wants to add anything about the build he is free to do so, hope this answers a few questions.

Hillside Motorcycle

2.080" Ferrea intake valves in those heads.
Triple T,
That guy in Mechanicville and I, were discussing some plenum tuning, which is dictated via the cam.
I'd post the formula, but I'm not at the shop presently.
That may be good for a couple more, and is not an expensive endeavor. :smile:
Scott