May 09, 2024, 05:22:10 AM

News:

Motorcycle insurance

Started by truck, March 10, 2011, 01:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

March 10, 2011, 01:30:56 PM Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:34:32 PM by truck
The price increased $20.00 over last year, not terrible but I'm still gonna shop.
$383.00 last year and $403.00 this year, or I could go with the state minimum with a premium of $75.00. That's still full coverage, right?

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

truck

March 10, 2011, 04:14:22 PM #1 Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 06:38:30 AM by truck
I got some quotes duplicate coverages except for Geico...only $2000.00 Medical.
Progressive........$734.00
Geico................$311.00
Foremost...........$403.00

Guess where I'm going?

EDIT....changed Geico medical from $200.00 to $2000.00

rbabos

I don't know what you are bitching about. Hell I just got my invoice from Dalton Timmis (Elite) 1400 bucks. Clean record and goes up each year. Insurance changes in Canada recently gave them a licence to steal more of my money. Same bike 4 years ago was $890. It amazes me you can get 250000 liabilty. It's 1 mill around here minimum.
Lawyers start at 1 mil usually. :wink:
Ron

Coyote

Are you sure you're comparing the same coverage? Your first post has some pretty good liability limits which is a good thing (unless you don't have any assests). State minimums will not protect you in the event you hurt someone else.

I've always found insurance is like most other things, you get what you pay for.

Most are woefully under insured for liability. I choose to increase my deductible to offset a higher liability coverage.

Jam On

Keep the liability limits up to protect your self.Do you own any thing of value ?. Also you did not say how your driving record is .Is the bike old new paid for?Your past history with companys and record plays alot with the bottom line.Helps me to have all my toys and house all together .Discount.

marc

Just got my premium notice the other day and it went up $10.00... 04 GeezerGlide $484.00.

Bodily Injury Liability $100,000 - $300,000

Property Damage $50,000

Collision, Fire, Theft & Comprehensive   Actual Cash Value less $500.00

Bodily Injury, Bastards that are Uninsured/Underinsured  $100,000 - $300,000

Property Damage, Bastards that are Uninsured/Underinsured $50,000

Accessories & Custom Paint $20,000

Justpassingas

Mine is up over $800 for full coverage on an 09 SG in Mass.  and I have a clean driving record....   Commerce Ins valued the bike at $18,880 (KBB) and I argued with my agent about that showing them documentation I paid $19K two years ago......Now its a 2 year old used bike and I'd be lucky if I sold it to get $15-16K.....go figure.....
For Duty and Humanity

IndyHarley

Farmers Insurance - full coverage - 2008 Ultra Classic - $286 per year - Indianapolis, Indiana
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

DARSEN

STATE FARM $1200. a year in canada and can only drive six months if luckey  :banghead:

truck

All the quotes are for the same dollar amounts of coverage except Geico's medical which is $2000.00 rather than $5000.00.
The bike is a paid for 2001 Ultra with 76,000 miles on it. I have no blemishes on my driving record newer than a speeding ticket in 1990 and my last with any insurance company was for a door ding on my car that was paid by the other guy's company in about 2005.

When you say FULL COVERAGE what dollar amounts are you working with?

Allstate wouldn't quote for just a bike, they wanted my truck too. :angry: I went to an Allstate agent a few years ago and got a price for house, bike, two trucks and maybe a car (don't remember if I had a car at that time). I was better off staying with the separate companies than bundling everything with Allstate.
I didn't try Farmers this time, I will now, I forgot about them.

ANNIEFATS

Quote from: rbabos on March 10, 2011, 05:01:35 PM
I don't know what you are bitching about. Hell I just got my invoice from Dalton Timmis (Elite) 1400 bucks. Clean record and goes up each year. Insurance changes in Canada recently gave them a licence to steal more of my money. Same bike 4 years ago was $890. It amazes me you can get 250000 liabilty. It's 1 mill around here minimum.
Ron

Similar insurance Ron.  A couple of years ago I was paying just over $800 for a 05 Fatboy with Riders Plus.  Rates started to really climb and I ended up with Dalton Timmis (elite) as well, just over $1130 now.  Seems like I get robbed every time I pay an insurance bill.
Todd
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read binary, and those who can't!

FXDBI

Quote from: ANNIEFATS on March 11, 2011, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: rbabos on March 10, 2011, 05:01:35 PM
Ron

Similar insurance Ron.  A couple of years ago I was paying just over $800 for a 05 Fatboy with Riders Plus.  Rates started to really climb and I ended up with Dalton Timmis (elite) as well, just over $1130 now.  Seems like I get robbed every time I pay an insurance bill.
Todd

Its the collision and theft that kill ya I have a clear title to my 06 Dyna and pay $336 a year for insurance. Just over $800 total if i add  comprehensive and collision.

truck

Just got three more quotes for the same coverage amounts and the same deductibles.
Rider............$279.00
Dairyland......$509.76
Nationwide....$501.69
Rider is looking pretty good. But then I remember what a lawyer told us at a HOG meeting about getting what you pay for with insurance. Insurance is very regulated, how can they screw you?

mark61

"how can they screw you"

It is in the fine print!

Lot of people use Rider!

mark61

marc

Been using Rider since 99 and no problems...Started by a biker for bikers...Nice people to deal with...

Ken R

Thanks for reminding me . . . . . REALLY!

I sold my 02 Ultra last Sunday and forgot to stop the coverage.   :crook:

FXDBI

Western Canada here and I pay $336 a yr with 1mill liability,uninsured,underinsured,medical,death,disability,passenger coverage.  I have a clear title on the bike so I have no one forcing me to have collision or comprehensive and I don't have either.  Bike is a 06 FXDBI nothing special just mine :bike:   Bob

aquaman

Mine went up $20 so I called and they said they did a search and found another licensed driver in my household(my wife).  I explained to them that she is 4 foot nothing and not physically possible to pilot an electraglide and then they hem-hawed around and said that the "district" had been "remeasured" and they determined I was in a higher risk bracket.  I told them to "unmeasure" the "effing" district or I would take my $ elsewhere.  Still waiting to hear back. Foremost Insurance.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie' until you find a rock.
Will Rogers

Hogman

Quote from: truck on March 11, 2011, 04:34:58 PM
Just got three more quotes for the same coverage amounts and the same deductibles.
Rider............$279.00
Dairyland......$509.76
Nationwide....$501.69
Rider is looking pretty good. But then I remember what a lawyer told us at a HOG meeting about getting what you pay for with insurance. Insurance is very regulated, how can they screw you?

Hey TRUCK, is Rider Strickly an American Co.? I'm in the same boat as Todd, (Anniefats) (Getting Insurance POOR by the Day!!!!) about 60 miles from him, and I'm Going to HAVE to Start Shopping around a Few Places, BUTT, at the Moment, State Farm is the Cheapest for me. Now, in May, May 8th actually, my Son, Lee, Turns 16, and will be Going Crazy Trying to get His Bike on the Road, But the problem is, as I Just found out a little bit ago is, it has an Ultima Frame, and State Farm, (Over Here in Canada) is Calling it a "Custom" and Want WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Too much Money, She would Not even give me a "Firm" Quote, but said it will be at LEAST $3,500.00, Possibly $7,000.00 a YEAR! :cry: No Collision, Theft, etc., JUST to be able to Legally Ride it on the Road here! :dgust: Really Wish I Had the Coin to Find a Legit/Clean H-D Frame and go Back That way. Apparently, This is Why we got Such a Good Deal on it. The Prev. Owner could Not Even FIND anybody that Would Insure it!!! So, IF Rider is available here in Canada, We will BOTH (Lee & I) be Looking at them. Not to sound too Rude, but I have Never heard of them Before Now.
THANKS a Bunch in Advance for a Reply, IF you Know the answer.
Hogman

truck

Looks like Rider is only available in a few states.
http://www.rider.com/

Hogman

Quote from: truck on March 12, 2011, 05:56:55 AM
Looks like Rider is only available in a few states.
http://www.rider.com/

THANKS for The Reply TRUCK, AND the Link!!!! I E-Mailed them through it. IF I find out Any More, I Will Post it here. THANKS Again Sir!
Hogman

rbabos

Quote from: FXDBI on March 11, 2011, 09:10:03 PM
Western Canada here and I pay $336 a yr with 1mill liability,uninsured,underinsured,medical,death,disability,passenger coverage.  I have a clear title on the bike so I have no one forcing me to have collision or comprehensive and I don't have either.  Bike is a 06 FXDBI nothing special just mine :bike:   Bob
Yup. Insurance in the west has always been cheaper than Ontario. Bastards. :hyst:
Ron

FXDBI

Quote from: rbabos on March 12, 2011, 07:38:23 AM
Yup. Insurance in the west has always been cheaper than Ontario. Bastards. :hyst:
Ron

Yup and we got the cheapest gas in Canada to 109.9 a liter :potstir:

rbabos

Quote from: FXDBI on March 12, 2011, 07:45:49 AM
Quote from: rbabos on March 12, 2011, 07:38:23 AM
Ron

Yup and we got the cheapest gas in Canada to 109.9 a liter :potstir:
:banghead: :hyst:
Ron

truck

I'm going with Geico. I couldn't find a rating for Rider Insurance so I have no Idea of their financial strength. Geico is rated AA++.