'06 Road King--M1185 bullitin--Going to change injectors--TTS?

Started by johneb48, April 04, 2011, 04:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johneb48

Group,
I am going to replace the 8 to 25 degree injectors as this bike stalls and intake coughs when cold. I will be upgrading to 95 inch sometime in future. If I buy a tuner (TTS?) would I be able to stock tune the bike with new injectors rather than take it to the dealer?
Where is the best deal for purchasing the TTS ?

mayor

the '06 bike's ECM will allow for TTS v-tuning with a few added components.  You should probably think about doing that before you change out the injectors.  I bought my TTS from hrdtail, and Herko sells them as well.  I think they both have a very reasonable price on that system.  There's quite a few other guys on the site that sells TTS as well.  If I mind correctly, Herko sells the conversion parts you need to convert your '06 to a closed loop system. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

wolf_59

:agree: or if you are a DIY'er go to the TTS Mastertune website and download the program in the back of the tuning guide you will find the parts list need to do the o2 conversion

FSG

johneb48

Thank you guys--Sounds a liitle more than I am comfortable with being a carb guy new to injection.

Ram

It is not all that hard to wire up a harness and pipe in the o2s' and make your '06 closed loop compatible.  I did all the parts scoping out and wiring up to computer and install before TTS even put the parts list out for everyone. If making all that wiring after chasing the parts is what gets you. Get with Herko and buy the setup he makes.  He provides instructions to put it in and your good to go.

If tuning is the draw back that is not all that hard either.  Its only using a computer and following directions.  Read them through a couple times and go to town.  You will be very glad that you did. 
'06 FLHRI Road King, ULTRA dress, o2's, TTS tune, LSR 2-1 Black Holes quiet pipe