April 27, 2024, 01:51:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Heat shields

Started by Bulit, January 03, 2009, 05:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulit

I have a 2004 Heritage Softtail Classic. The heat shield on the exhaust pipe from the front cylinder cracked and a piece broke off. Does anyone know if a dealer sells these or do I need to go aftermarket? I also need a shield that covers the muffler.
I'm still recovering from surgery and have no ambition to travel to a dealer.  Thanks

HroadhogD1

Look on Ebay and  have them delivered to your door.  Just one option.

Faast Ed

Yes the dealer sells them. New aftermarket pipes cost only a tiny bit more than what HD wants for just the shields! LOL
≡Faast Ed>

EagleFTE

Dennis Kirk has heat shields by Cycle Shack, Drag Specialties, and others.  Go the end of the exhaust section in their catalog or on line.  I'm sure other aftermarket catalogs do as well.  www.denniskirk.com

Wharf Rat

I got one for my Dyna from Zanotti's. I think it was around $55.00. All the used ones I checked out were in tough shape...got sick of lookin' and just bought a new one.

MajorJim

Check your dealer to see if he has a take off. My dealer has tons of that stuff.