April 27, 2024, 06:01:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Vrscx upgraded w/O2 sensors for TTS

Started by brunothedog, May 14, 2011, 10:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brunothedog

May 14, 2011, 10:48:12 AM Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:34:30 AM by brunothedog
I finally got around to taking off the t-max and installing the TTS tuner on my non o2 sensor bike.
I havent had time to tune yet but the first ride there was a noticeable difference.
I am happy, very.

hrdtail78

Street tuning it?  I'm interested.  Keep us posted.
Semper Fi

brunothedog

did my first 20 min. run. Thought I did alot better than I actually did.
I am not quite sure on the coralation between map/ve.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

brunothedog

Did another 20 mins. of high speed riding and thought i done good.
at least thats what i thought

brunothedog

I done another 45 minutes of vtuning with worst results, Then I read somewhere here that its important to keep a steady throttle, then it dawned on me that I installed a rapid throttle.
so now i talked a dyno tuner to give it a try with mastertune. I will have to pay to teach someone,
the problem is I ain't that smart.
I will bring the laptop with me and and vtune while he has a sniffer up the exhausts ass.
Any suggestions to keep me in the straight and narrow?
Should I just vtune while on the machine while he controls throttle and brake resistance.
Thanks

hrdtail78

If you have access to a dyno, that is the way to go.  Vtuning a vrod is a little more work getting all the cells.  2,4,6,8 tp is all pretty close together.  Setting the brake to hold 3500 rpm and watching where the tp is, is diffidently the ticket.
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

If you look at the data you have captured there are very few cell that you got to turn green. This would be what you need to do. IF the dyno has a load control unit they can hold the motor steady and let it fill in you will get a much better tune from it.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

brunothedog

I figured Green is good, Will go on a dyno and I will post the results.

Will the Revolution platform go mt8.?

just asking, the bikes running damn good as it is already

Steve Cole

They might at some later date but nothing on that at this time.

Sporty 48

What is TP?
I think I understand but not sure.
This sounds like the way to go, then if later you make changes, you have all the advantages of Mastertune.

Quote from: hrdtail78 on May 18, 2011, 01:06:41 PM
If you have access to a dyno, that is the way to go.  Vtuning a vrod is a little more work getting all the cells.  2,4,6,8 tp is all pretty close together.  Setting the brake to hold 3500 rpm and watching where the tp is, is diffidently the ticket.
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

Steve Cole

Sporty 48

Thanks, all I could think of was toilet paper, should have known.

Is there a procedure to use a dyno and Mastertune.
It would be nice to have a game plan when bringing in the bike to encourage the dyno tuner to use my existing Master tune as a starting point.
The whole goal is perfect tuning, that and good throttle position (TP).

Quote from: Steve Cole on May 18, 2011, 03:09:29 PM
TP = Throttle Position
A Sportster, Bird-dogs and an old Airstream, How Sweet It Is.

brunothedog

2.5hrs of dyno time,.
We vtuned it on the dyno

keep in mind that we run pure gas over here
I used a tank of 98 octane

1250 cc VRSCX
Bub 7's 2 to 1's
Heads ported and polished with 1mm oversized valves(Vance n' Hines)
Stage II Cams
Topless with 2 KN filters

New rear Avon Cobra inflated to 40lbs ( They say it matters)

I will post the dynorun next week - 130hp, 88 lbs torque-
pulls like a mule to 9300rpm, where we set the rpm limit, The operator said it will pull strong till 10000rpm

The dyno operator never used TTS before and he was impressed as hell, after the vtune he manually adjusted the VE's front and rear to the best of his knowledge,
He works on a WSB team and complimented many times as he worked about the TTS as to the power of control he had.
He really enjoyed making changes to the map, loading it, and seeing where the changes took.
He also said that the stock O2 sensors were dead on from what the datamaster told him, and his machine told him.
His only complaint was "no live tuning"
I will send TTS the map to maybe have them evaluate it.
Still a little work to do on it but basically, the map is spot on

Finally the REVOLUTION MOTOR is happy, ya just know the way it sounds when its running that everythings ok

hrdtail78

Is that the finished or last generated tune?
Semper Fi

brunothedog

May 28, 2011, 11:24:50 AM #14 Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:36:15 AM by brunothedog
the last generated tune on the dyno, then he manually adjusted theVE's on what his sensors said,
The initial map was very lean from 2000-4000rpm then went very, very rich from 4500 on up. he smoothed out the afr working on the ve tables, it still needs some work but overall we got to a good point. i will post up the run as soon as i get it

Hilly13

That VE graph! is that a normal out-come for vrods?
Just because its said don't make it so

brunothedog

I dont know what is normal since I have nothing to compare it too.

hrdtail78

Looks like you have several cells in the 127.5 area.  A lot of 20+on the generated tune.  So if it trys to add 20+ and there is only room to add 10 because it is going to hit the ceiling of 127.5.  It's done.  Bottom line is the VE tables need more room to grow.  Adding 10% to the cubic inch and taking away 10% from both VE tables is were I would start.
Semper Fi

brunothedog

Quote from: hrdtail78 on May 31, 2011, 03:47:47 PM
Looks like you have several cells in the 127.5 area.  A lot of 20+on the generated tune.  So if it trys to add 20+ and there is only room to add 10 because it is going to hit the ceiling of 127.5.  It's done.  Bottom line is the VE tables need more room to grow.  Adding 10% to the cubic inch and taking away 10% from both VE tables is were I would start.
Neither I or the Dyno guy noticed this, I will adjust The C.I. up 10% and lower the VE's by the same.
Thanks, now i know what to look for I will give it another go.

brunothedog

a question, Can I adjust the map and vtune with the data I have already collected, or should I retune with the values applied to the map used to collect data?

brunothedog

these are where we got so far with the tune,