April 27, 2024, 05:47:21 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Started by 05FLHTC, January 04, 2009, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05FLHTC

January 04, 2009, 07:38:14 AM Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:41:38 PM by 05FLHTC
 :angry:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

mark61

Another one of those "HD investment" fools who probably has not looked at the prices on motorcycles since he bought that and sent it to the dealer with a blank check for shiney stuff.

mark61

tireater

Before it sells...I bet he can spell 'depreciation'... :cry:
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Jeffd

$1000 service? Must have had to pull the motor to change the oil, or put a fresh wax job on the piston tops.

Faast Ed

January 04, 2009, 08:33:49 AM #4 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:36:20 AM by Faast Ed
I didn't see what year the bike was.  $17,500 might be doable if it isn't too old.

I had to laugh at the "search terms" he used. He wants exposure!   LMAO!
≡Faast Ed>

willymax4

if the bike's less than a couple years old and low miles (i'm guessing close to none) and the custom work is close to what a buyer likes, i wouldn't think $17500 is too far out of line.
just sayin.
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

Flat Dog

January 04, 2009, 08:40:32 AM #6 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 08:43:24 AM by Photo John
I just read the first 3 search terms, and puked a little in my mouth. Wish it could have been on his bike instead...

Then again, maybe only the rich fools that buy Mercedes and Rolexes have the $ these days to buy a 'show bike'. :wink:
Considering I picked up my 'show bike' for under 7k...

Scurvy

What about that dealership picture! Marble floor and columns?
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

96flhpi

Quote from: willymax4 on January 04, 2009, 08:39:41 AM
if the bike's less than a couple years old and low miles (i'm guessing close to none) and the custom work is close to what a buyer likes, i wouldn't think $17500 is too far out of line.
just sayin.

Looks like an EVO cam cover to me.  Then again pic is pretty small/blurry so who knows.

HDSlowride

If I was looking to buy a new one (which I'm not), I would think you would get a lot more value from this bike than a new stock bike at the same money. Especially if you were determined to load it up with shiny bling anyhow.

That timer cover sort of looks like one of those Kury looking objects with the lights that go round and round.
'07 Ultra Classic

Justpassingas

Trades will be considered.....hmmmm I wonder if he'll consider a 1995 Ford F150 with a 180K on it.....runs great!!!
For Duty and Humanity

seattledyna

what a maroon, this guy has ben reading to many "Robb Report" magazines...the publication to the "look at me" rich snobs, lol

Glenn W

wow, what a buncha meanies :wink: For custom paint (if its really special), PM wheels, motor work, etc. that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I always chuckle when I hear folks talking down to metric riders about the high value retention of our Harleys yet don't want that to apply when they BUY one :hyst: It would've helped if there was more info on the bike itself, but I'm sure a serious inquiry would take care of that. Even if the owner does turn out to be some yuppie dork I don't see that making a difference on what the bike is worth. Must be PMS* setting in for all of us in the frozen north :teeth:

* ParkedMotorcycleSyndrome
"Give your bike a Woody" www.woodysfairings.com

~JC~

It's a perfect example of the new breed of harley owner, and what has happened to harley as a result. ~JC~
If I had to understand, You wouldn't explain.

onemchog

Remember you get what you pay for!!! If you don't ask you don't get  :idea:
Stay safe no matter what 2 wheels your on.
Barnegat,New Jersey

mayor

Quote from: Scurvy on January 04, 2009, 08:46:58 AM
What about that dealership picture! Marble floor and columns?

what Scurvy, doesn't your local dealer have Marble columns?   :crook:

I saw two things noticeably absent in the listing, year and milage.   :dgust:  If it was an '07 and up, price is a little high but could be inline based on the accsy's.    Didn't list the year or the milage, but didn't forget to put this in the BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Jeep, NASCAR, Indy, 400, Tickets, Concert, tools, 4X4, ATV, Honda, Yamaha, Truck, Harley, Davidson, Racing, Motorcycle, Ultra, Cellular, Toyota, rock, Hybrid, Antique, Rolex, News, Country, music, Diesel sections? that's a whole lot of spam.....
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

Flat Dog

He should have put it in the hooker section-prolly would have sold right away. ;)

HarleyFranco

Remember though, it's a MULTIPLE show winner.
:hyst:

Frank

EagleFTE

Probably some guy that got killed in the market and no longer can justify his garage trinket.  I'm thinking this is a boutique dealer advertisement and not an individual based on the pic and since they didn't list any of the important stuff like year and engine details.  We used to have one of these used exotic car dealers around here that sometimes had bikes.  They don't know the first thing about bikes so they can't even do an add right.  If they had listed some important details it may very well be with $17K to someone.

Faast Ed

QuoteI'm thinking this is a boutique dealer advertisement and not an individual ....

What an excellent observation!  I just bet that you are correct. An individual likely would not have spammed all of the other selling catagories.
≡Faast Ed>

Dennis The Menace

Panzer

January 04, 2009, 12:58:21 PM #21 Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:59:53 PM by Panzer
Quote:
We used to have one of these used exotic car dealers around here that sometimes had bikes.  They don't know the first thing about bikes so they can't even do an add right.

Yeah, but I bet they knew how much the going price was.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

seattledyna

I bet eagle is right!

there are a few exotic car consignment places in Bellevue WA, those bikes and cars will sit on the floor with an over bloated price for months on end. The Shelby we had was one of those, it sat there for four months with a fat price (for the time) we kept looking at it with interest, dealer told us to make an offer because they were gonna tell the owner to sell it or take it home, we made a very very low offer and he took it!...good deal for us!

1JITSU1

Ok just follow me here   maybe    just maybe   the bike is free and you are
paying for the accessories  :rtfb:

Phu Cat

Why would someone put a hydrolic (as opposed to hydraulic, if it really even has one he ought to know how to spell it then) clutch in a bike that has a fine mechanical clutch to begin with?  Ya think he's lookin fer a sucker, maybe?

PC

Too much horsepower is almost enough.