High Performance Questions 96 Sportster

Started by WhipLash96, September 30, 2011, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhipLash96

Well, I went to finish installing my pipes and I noticed that I do not have the serrated flange nuts. I ordered 8 of them from FastenAll, and in stainless steel as well.  :gob:
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

I got my pipes installed today and I took it out for a ride. I installed the 190 main and left the 46 pilot in. I must say that I do think that I got the jet combination down based on how the bike responded. I took her up to the higher speeds and I liked how everything felt. Now all I need to do is get WhipLash back onto the dyno and see how those afr's are. I do think that we are close though.

Thanks to HRK and Mayor for all of the input as you will be surprised at how much I did listen. I will keep you all updated as the changes take place... :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Well I have had another dyno run performed and this time with a tune. I am making 70/70. I also am about 70/30 that I will be making a cam change as this is a little weak for my taste. There are a couple of things that I want to try before I make the final decision..  :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to move forward with anymore engine work as I am satisfied with the results of my last dyno run and tune. the decision came down to basically money, I am not will to spend over a 1k for 10/10 gains. Thank You Mayor, HRK, Prodrag for your help, it was all really valuable.. :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip

hotroadking

mayor

yea, at some point we all have to decide if the gains are worth the cost. 

what, we aren't going to get to see the new pipes?   :teeth:  I promise, I won't bust on your choice too much. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

WhipLash96

OK, I will take it..... :smiled:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Thanks,
Whip

mayor

WhipLash96

Thanks,
Whip

mayor

1 3/4" head pipes or 2"?    looks like 2".  if that's the case, you didn't listen to anything I was telling you.   :doh:

WhipLash96

Thanks,
Whip

mayor

you did good then  :up:  are he two pipes joined in anyway? 

WhipLash96

They are kind of joined at the bracket because they use the same bolt to fasten to the frame, but they are individual.  :smiled:
Thanks,
Whip