April 27, 2024, 12:25:04 AM

News:

02 Data Run

Started by Hilly13, November 26, 2011, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilly13

November 26, 2011, 05:19:15 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:39:22 PM by Hilly13
Hi all, recently replaced the 02 sensor bungs on my 06 Dyna to get the sensors in the flow, done a recording  this morning to see how quick the 02's came online from cold, the VTD is showing 1 and active alot, can anyone tell me what this means or if any other issues are visible?
Thanks for looking
Hilly

http://www.box.com/s/jsztcabnuheg3a7uell3
Just because its said don't make it so

glens

I looked, and the file you uploaded to box.net is the datamaster executable (program) file, not the log file you'd evidently intended to upload.

Hilly13

Quote from: glens on November 26, 2011, 06:02:53 PM
I looked, and the file you uploaded to box.net is the datamaster executable (program) file, not the log file you'd evidently intended to upload.

Thanks Glens, fixed now.

glens

November 26, 2011, 09:36:01 PM #3 Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 09:38:56 PM by glens
That's better :)

Here are a few images I grabbed.

The first two are 2-d data plots showing your O2 sensor outputs over time.  At first glance it appears as thought they're becoming active in a reasonable amount of time.

In the third image, I have some data plotted.  At the point the second O2 integrator starts actually working (it looks like there are several "stabs" at them earlier on, with "no joy"), the place where the vertical line is in the graph, you'll note it's at 219 seconds.  I'm no expert, but that seems maybe a little long.

For reference, there's a final image of a log file I had lying around.  The engine temperatures were initially about the same between this one and yours.  Note the run time at the equivalent place in the graph is 119 seconds.  This was an '09 Ultra with stock head-pipes and 2" core mufflers.  The sensors were the large version installed near the heads (stock location for that generation).

I'd suggest that your O2 sensors are seeming to act a bit lazily, but again, I'm no expert in the matter.  How old are they?  What type are they?

One factor that may make the sensor outputs more "vibrant" in my graph is that the bike isn't just sitting there idling.  I don't believe I have a log of that to compare.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Hilly13

Thanks for taking the time to reply, they are the stock 18mm 07 dyna sensors, have only done around 17000 miles, not that means they can't be on the way out.
I suppose as you say the comparison might not spot on, I really should of data run it before the exhaust bung change in the same conditions. :embarrassed: