May 09, 2024, 02:55:01 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TMax

Started by cardboard, February 02, 2012, 07:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardboard

Need some help from some of the folks here that understand the Thunder-Max a lot more than me.
I have a 2011 FLHTK. Put some stainless fuelmoto header pipes, Supertrapp stouts mufflers and a revolution HF air kit.
Got a TM on it with map 187 in it. I have been on the phone with Randy for a while.
Forgive me cause I have ADD and I'm not a tuner.
My bike at Idle wants to drop from 1024 down into the 800 rpm range where it will start to shake.
Had TM linked into my computer and they said it looked o.k. But I could sit there and watch the rpm drop and the bike shake.
TM wanted to tell me how to adjust the maps. Sorry I have no idea what they was showing me.
Another problem is I'm gettin about 34 mpg on the interstate.
Thought the Tm was suppose to tune and get you better performance and fuel milage also.
What can I do to get my idle better, right now I have it at 1056 to make it idle better and not drop into the 800 rpm range. And get better fuel milage.
If I knew somebody to take it to  so they could show me how to tune it I would. Or if I knew somebody to take map 187 and work on it that would be great too
Thanks for any help.
I have two other buddies that are having the same problems and both are saying the fuel milage is pretty Bad.

mayor

can you post your current map?  save the one that's in your bike on your computer, and post it in a response.  You can attach the file by using the attachments function (located right below the dialogue box when replying).
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

cardboard

Here is file #178 that I have been working with. The Idle is set at 1056 to get it to idle better and not be so rough idling after warmup.
The fuel milage is 34.8 mpg approx

Something seems to be wrong with this map, but Zippers does not seem to think so.

Thank You for your help.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Ajayrk

AJ

mayor

cardboard, can you post a copy of the actual map that's in the bike?  I want to see what the learned fuelflow offsets are doing. 

cardboard

I see folks has posted it. I have no idea how to do it.
I tried to copy the page of it and it would not let me.
Do know you can download the TBW software from Zippers and download the file I uploaded here and look at it. Else wise you need to tell me what to do.
Thanks.

mayor

Quote from: cardboard
Do know you can download the TBW software from Zippers and download the file I uploaded here and look at it.
yes, I have already looked at the file you posted.  If I read correctly, you have two issues you need help with: idle, and fuel milage.  I wanted to look at the fuelflow offsets (green markers) to see what the auto-tune module was feeding back to the ecm.  Seeing those markers help determine how well the module is doing dialing in the fuel.  Seeing the location of those markers also help in determining where to adjust the afr table to improve milage. 

Quote from: cardboard
you need to tell me what to do.
open the dbw software, hook your computer up to your bike,  with the ignition and kill switch on hit the link and monitor buttons at the top of the software page (they will turn green when you are linked up), the software will ask if you want to synchronise the computer with the module- say yes, then hit file/ save as and save that map onto your hard drive in an area that you know where to find it, then attached that map to a reply. 

cardboard

Here the file is has (6) at the end for todays date.

mayor

that one doesn't have any learned offsets, and the fuelflow boxes doesn't appear to have any yellow markers indicating learned offsets were applied. 

I want to see the map that you have run in your bike, after you ran it in your bike (but before learned offsets were applied).    :teeth:

cardboard

Just said read maps with it hooked up to the TM program and said save to desktop and changed it to (7)

mayor

that one's better.   :teeth:

mayor

Cardboard, you willing to do a data recording and send it to me? I see some areas that we may be able to tweek to get better milage, but having some actual data takes the guess work out.

cardboard

If I do the collect data, it will let me send it  you instead of Tm

mayor

I'll talk you through how to find it on your laptop. It's a little tricky, but not that hard to find.  Once you know where the file is, you can just email it.

cardboard

O.K. how you gonna do that.

mayor

We handle that after you do a data run. How computer literate are you?

cardboard

Don't know how to answer that. I have operated computer for years. But at nearly 62 I tend to forgit.

I can get around oh.

mayor

I should be able to help you find the data file then. What computer operating system do you have (xp, vista, 7)?

cardboard

Windows 7
I sent you a email if that will help you.

Thanks

cardboard

Quote from: cardboard on February 07, 2012, 05:32:22 PM
Windows 7
I sent you a email if that will help you.

Thanks

What happened.

mayor

Windows 7 is a little trickier for me, I'm a XP guy but I think I can help you find the data run files. Have you done any data runs yet?

I got your email, and will send you a reply so you have my email adress. Probably won't be until tomorrow though.  I'm about done for the night.  :embarrassed:

cardboard

Tomorrow it is then.
Thanks.

mayor

Do you live in an area that you can ride this time of year? Have you ever done a data recording using the Smartlink software yet?

cardboard

February 07, 2012, 06:19:30 PM #23 Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:24:19 PM by cardboard
Yes I can ride as long as it don't rain.
When I did the smartlink, TM says run collect data. Run your bike at like 2000 rpm then 2500 rpm then 3000 rpm and then you send it to them.
Buy you do it with the bike sittin still

I have ridden on the data I posted.
Did it now show you any data from riding it ?
Did you look at map 8 that I posted to see if its any better ?

mayor

Yea, I was able to see your learned offsets on the last map you posted.  What I want you to do is do a recording of a normal riding situation, basically just record some data while riding. That will give me the ability to see what afr you are running at, how tight the auto-tune is keeping the afr dialed in, and how well the timing slopes are matching up to your bike.