May 08, 2024, 08:16:49 PM

News:

My sons new 2012 SG

Started by Tre_11 FLHX, February 24, 2012, 02:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tre_11 FLHX

February 24, 2012, 02:26:40 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:30:58 PM by Tre_11 FLHX
Today,
I picked out and purchased my 24 y/o son's first Harley Davidson.  He's currently in Japan, and won't get a chance to meet her for another month.

I am very proud of him, I didn't even have to co-sign.   :teeth:  The guy sitting on the bike is my friend, know to my son as uncle Ron.

11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

DGlide04

Your son is very lucky, nice looking SG.  Now, can you talk to my Dad for me?

ultrat

Cool bike. ',, these are great gifts. ',,'  :up:

wurk_truk

You did good, Tre.  What a wonderful gesture.
Oh No!

MaxxV4

Tre's gesture is wonderful..... Not so sure about "Uncle Ron's".  :hyst:

DaveCarlson

Hi Dad!!!! Can I have one too? :smile:

glens

Quote from: Tre_11 FLHX on February 24, 2012, 02:26:40 PM
I am very proud of him, I didn't even have to co-sign.

I took this to mean "dad" was merely procuring it for the lad, not that it was a gift for him.

Dennis The Menace

Mike, why ya letting the kid buy an old mans bike????  Ya should have talked him into a real mans bike--a Road Glide.  lol

Tell him thank you for his service, and congratulations on the new ride.  Gonna be cool when he gets home and you two can ride together.  Very cool, Mike.

Dennis

UpNComing FLHX 12'

Dad, I cant wait to come home and ride! Thanks again for finding that bike for me and taking care of all the paperwork for me. Love you PoP!

Your Son, Sean

Tre_11 FLHX

Dennis, he was initially looking at a 48, and then a Dyna and then he came to his senses.  I never thought about a big ugly.   :wink:

I'm just happy he's not on a rice rocket.

Sean,
Glad you like it.  It's a sickness, I hope your prepared for it!  :teeth:
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

Tre_11 FLHX

Glen,
Your correct- My son will be responsible for the entire note on the bike to include the 6K he put down.  I just made the deal, and was prepared to co-sign if I needed to, his credit was over 700 so he didn't need me for that.

What I did do was influence him and a lot of morale support  :wink:

Tre'

Old Crow

Yeah, and then turned him on to HTT.  Hope you warned him about Preacher Son, War Horse and the rest of the Shed crew, dad.
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

UpNComing FLHX 12'

Who the hell is the Shed Crew? never heard of em'

glens

You're going to have to let your hair grow a couple years for that crowd, Sean!

Dennis The Menace

Sean, congratulations on that new first Harley.  You will enjoy it. (Just joking about old mans bike-lol  )

Thank you for your service, and if you get out to Colorado, beers and dinner are on me.  Bring the old man with ya!

Deye76

Glad your son is gonna be on a hog.  :up: I see quite a few young guys on strpped down baggers (SG's). Not an old man's bike, but a practical ride for the back roads or the long haul. 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

IndyHarley

and you even got one of those colors but a nice bike anyway.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

War Horse

Quote from: UpNComing FLHX 12' on February 25, 2012, 05:12:20 AM
Who the hell is the Shed Crew? never heard of em'

:hyst: Now there's a whole different kinda education  :wink:

Cool bike, have fun, be safe an maybe you'll get the "Shed" thing in time ...  :up:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

pddredduece

I ride a Deuce, if I were to go to a bagger it would be a Street Glide. Good looking bike!

tomcat64

Quote from: Dennis The Menace on February 25, 2012, 05:46:59 AM
Sean, congratulations on that new first Harley.  You will enjoy it. (Just joking about old mans bike-lol  )

Thank you for your service, and if you get out to Colorado, beers and dinner are on me.  Bring the old man with ya!

:agree: :agree: :agree:

THANK YOU!!! and congrats!!

02roadcling

Since he's gone you will have enough time to soup it up and fix all of the factory screwups.
Hey Sean, hopefully you will never know just how much of a slug they are when stock or you would want a refund.  :potstir:

cling
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

Tre_11 FLHX

February 25, 2012, 02:00:29 PM #21 Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:07:39 PM by Tre_11 FLHX
QuoteYeah, and then turned him on to HTT.  Hope you warned him about Preacher Son, War Horse and the rest of the Shed crew, dad.

Ain't warned him yet, been waiting for them (preach and war horse) to chime in. Guess I might oughta let him know  :wink:
one more pic

Tre'

War Horse

Quote from: Tre_11 FLHX on February 25, 2012, 02:00:29 PM
QuoteYeah, and then turned him on to HTT.  Hope you warned him about Preacher Son, War Horse and the rest of the Shed crew, dad.

Ain't warned him yet, been waiting for them (preach and war horse) to chime in. Guess I might oughta let him know  :wink:

Tre'

Post #17......  :pop:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

neale

Half your luck, there's nothing like a new, unmolested bike.