May 09, 2024, 12:25:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New TTS release date?

Started by vetteandharley, March 07, 2012, 08:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vetteandharley

Understand the new TTS will have extra data logging time and will keep original map in dongle.  Anyone know the release date or if you purchase one now will it be expandable to the new model?

Steve Cole

The current product is completely different than the new one coming out for the CAN equipped HD bikes. The CAN equipped model is due to start shipping first of next month.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

vetteandharley

So for a 2010 FLTRX there is no reason to wait, correct??

HogMike

Quote from: vetteandharley on March 07, 2012, 10:08:19 AM
So for a 2010 FLTRX there is no reason to wait, correct??

Correct, you run the "updater" to get all the latest changes!
:smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Rdub

What is "CAN equipped HD bikes"?

Coyote

2011 up Softails and 2012 Dynas are CANBUS bikes.  It's old technology but new to HD of course.  :doh:

wurk_truk

To further it a bit...  The new HDs use a different protocol to 'talk' to the ECM and sensors.  Our touring bikes and older HDs use an older technology, and uses the older TTS VCI.  The 'new' vci is presently only for CANBUS bikes.  Since it is a 'how they talk' issue for the new bikes, there is NO reason to await this for the present bikes.  If you need a tune, and wish to use TTS, just simply buy the one for your bike and you will be good.
Oh No!

Rdub

Sash

Now this is what I don't get, how come the SE tuner works with any Harley but this TTS don't ??
2011 fatboy lo

Scotty

Quote from: Sash on March 07, 2012, 05:12:18 PM
Now this is what I don't get, how come the SE tuner works with any Harley but this TTS don't ??

SEPST has a flash rom for a firmware update to the actual VCI (They were thinking ahead)

So each year if they change ECM's and other things they can write new code and change the program and voila it works.

I'll bet the new TTS one has a flash based firmware update as well and no doubt it will work on the earlier bikes if and when they release firmware and software to do it.

Probably need to sell out all the old stock before making it backward compatible.

HogMike

Quote from: Sash on March 07, 2012, 05:12:18 PM

The TTS tuner is not from H-D, the SuperTuner is, but, read the 2nd post.
A lot of the aftermarket tuners will only work on some Harleys and some disable the O2 sensors, etc. etc.
Maybe talk to someone who has what YOU are interested in, not necessarily the dealers!
There are pros and cons to each tuner, do your homework and chose what's best for YOU.
JMHO
:smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

HOGMIKE
SoCal

Sash

I am on the market for a tuner, I think I'll get the SE tuner as soon as found a good online store to get one.
2011 fatboy lo

Jeffd

Quote from: Sash on March 07, 2012, 05:52:09 PM
I am on the market for a tuner, I think I'll get the SE tuner as soon as found a good online store to get one.
www.lshd1.com is a good outfit

HogBag

March 09, 2012, 10:12:56 PM #14 Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 10:17:29 PM by HogBag
 :pop:
Quote from: Sash on March 07, 2012, 05:52:09 PM

Wait 3 weeks for the biggest meanest tuner to be released. TTS Mastertune (SERT) has ruled for 12 years.   Cheers :beer:

blawless68

I am looking for a tuner.  Has the new TTS been release for 2011 softail (fatboy)??

wurk_truk

Quote from: blawless68 on April 19, 2012, 10:29:11 AM
I am looking for a tuner.  Has the new TTS been release for 2011 softail (fatboy)??

Not as of yet.  Steve is having supply chain issues where he doesn't have all of the new parts in, so he cannot program them and ship them out.
Oh No!

Mr. Wizard

The name New TTS doesn't fit... need to call it something else.   :doh:

Why not TTS II or TTS-II or TTSX2?

:pop:

wurk_truk

Can't have TTSX2.  Sounds too much like SPX.  HAHA!!!
Oh No!

hrdtail78

I thought the company's name was TTS (The Turbo Shop) and Mater Tune is the name of the product. :nix:
Semper Fi

Mr. Wizard

April 19, 2012, 05:24:29 PM #20 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 05:27:28 PM by Mr. Wizard
Quote from: wurk_truk on April 19, 2012, 04:49:17 PM
Can't have TTSX2.  Sounds too much like SPX.  HAHA!!!

Too funny WT

OK, if you think about it. This new version is the third version... T3, TTS-3 TTS-III  ???

TXP

Well. I have used PCV, PCIII, TTS, and SESPT,  this week. Without throwing rocks at anyone, IMHO TTS is hands down the leader in the HD tuning industry. BTW this is an uncompensated endorsement.  Russ Fullen aka TXP.

lonewolf

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 19, 2012, 05:22:11 PM
I thought the company's name was TTS (The Turbo Shop) and Mater Tune is the name of the product. :nix:
Maybe it should be The Internatioal Turbo Shop or TITS for short.  :bike:

wurk_truk

Hey Russ...  long time no see.  I hope everyone is good where you are at!

Russel...  I vote for TITS!!!!!
Oh No!

rbabos

Quote from: lonewolf on April 19, 2012, 05:59:46 PM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 19, 2012, 05:22:11 PM
Maybe it should be The Internatioal Turbo Shop or TITS for short.  :bike:
mmmmmmmmmmm TITS.
Ron