May 08, 2024, 08:19:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New TTS release date?

Started by vetteandharley, March 07, 2012, 08:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLTRSE3CLONE

Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 02, 2012, 11:26:26 AM
Quote from: strokerjlk on July 02, 2012, 04:03:11 AM
Most tuners are waiting for the best tuning product?
They been waiting two years to tune a softail then :hyst:
The best product would be one avaliable,tried and true. Your :sheep: tuner isnt even avaliable.

Tried and true in someone's hands that know how to use the features that MT8 offer. Just like this 09 FLHX with 107, R&R heads and 54's. Been back to the builder/ tuner twice. Still pings and runs sluggish. Customer had to buy O2. Other tuner threw them out.  Don't need them for the 2003 style tune that was done. 

quote]
I'll wait six months & remind you of your comment you posted... I've never in my life heard of a customer wanting a bike de-tuned as the throttle is too responsive! I actually thought that was the point of tuning/building a engine?? What your in store for will be well deserved with such a bs statement that you posted & in time you'll see the "Paul Harvey" side of it!

nhrider

I've been waiting since May for the new release.   Really would like the TTS product, but I'm stuck on the mods I want to make without a tuner.   If there isn't at least an update soon, I'm going to have to find an alternate.
2010 FLHRC
2005 FLSTNI

hrdtail78

July 19, 2012, 11:23:58 AM #52 Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 12:00:09 PM by hrdtail78
 :pop:
Semper Fi

strokerjlk

Quote from: FLTRSE3CLONE on July 19, 2012, 05:45:21 AM
Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 02, 2012, 11:26:26 AM
Quote from: strokerjlk on July 02, 2012, 04:03:11 AM
Most tuners are waiting for the best tuning product?
They been waiting two years to tune a softail then :hyst:
The best product would be one avaliable,tried and true. Your :sheep: tuner isnt even avaliable.

Tried and true in someone's hands that know how to use the features that MT8 offer. Just like this 09 FLHX with 107, R&R heads and 54's. Been back to the builder/ tuner twice. Still pings and runs sluggish. Customer had to buy O2. Other tuner threw them out.  Don't need them for the 2003 style tune that was done. 

quote]
I'll wait six months & remind you of your comment you posted... I've never in my life heard of a customer wanting a bike de-tuned as the throttle is too responsive! I actually thought that was the point of tuning/building a engine?? What your in store for will be well deserved with such a bs statement that you posted & in time you'll see the "Paul Harvey" side of it!
It ok Tim this is what happens when you fire a customer.
He had to go somewhere to get the new SE compensator, baker F6F put on.
I am sure he is detuned to his satisfaction now.
I doubt he ever left the dealership without his 02 sensors when they put his PC 5 on .
Please don't quote the  :sheep:
I have had them on ignore for some time. It works nice until they get quoted.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

08fxstc

Quote from: BVHOG on July 20, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
Quote from: nhrider on July 19, 2012, 06:27:46 AM
I've been waiting since May for the new release.   Really would like the TTS product, but I'm stuck on the mods I want to make without a tuner.   If there isn't at least an update soon, I'm going to have to find an alternate.
Well, it's not like you don't have alternatives, SEST, Power Vision and Direct Link can all do the new can bus bikes, all VERY capable of giving you a great running bike.

+1.

My two cents only but I have a TTS now and would be stuffed if I would wait as long as some have and postponing what I want to do to the bike for the sake of it. I would have it tuned with another product and be riding my bike with the mods done and be smiling.

rbabos

Quote from: 08fxstc on July 20, 2012, 05:40:01 AM
Quote from: BVHOG on July 20, 2012, 04:35:52 AM
Quote from: nhrider on July 19, 2012, 06:27:46 AM
Well, it's not like you don't have alternatives, SEST, Power Vision and Direct Link can all do the new can bus bikes, all VERY capable of giving you a great running bike.

+1.

My two cents only but I have a TTS now and would be stuffed if I would wait as long as some have and postponing what I want to do to the bike for the sake of it. I would have it tuned with another product and be riding my bike with the mods done and be smiling.
My thoughts as well.
Ron

hrdtail78

July 20, 2012, 09:00:28 AM #56 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:01:32 AM by hrdtail78
Semper Fi

hrdtail78

July 20, 2012, 11:14:17 AM #57 Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:27:19 AM by hrdtail78
Semper Fi

HogBag

I'm very happy with the old TTS and how reliable its been on my 07. My guess is the new tuner will be worth the wait with more power and heap more options to keep it in front of the pack for another 10 years. The pack has copied the TTS in its present form so Steve will come up with the goods to blow them away again.
:beer: 

happyman

Quote from: HogBag on July 21, 2012, 03:13:01 PM
I'm very happy with the old TTS and how reliable its been on my 07. My guess is the new tuner will be worth the wait with more power and heap more options to keep it in front of the pack for another 10 years. The pack has copied the TTS in its present form so Steve will come up with the goods to blow them away again.

so now that the  13's are comming out in a couple weeks will there be more issues  with getting the TTS. Never know about change HD may make to throw a wrench into things. Also will the the tts fit all big twins say  from 10- the 13's comming out?  Looking at getting a 13 in place of my 10 flhtk. also have a 07 1200 sporrty, both use the tts with great results.
Thanks

HogMike

Quote from: happyman on July 22, 2012, 08:35:50 AM

so now that the  13's are comming out in a couple weeks will there be more issues  with getting the TTS. Never know about change HD may make to throw a wrench into things. Also will the the tts fit all big twins say  from 10- the 13's comming out?  Looking at getting a 13 in place of my 10 flhtk. also have a 07 1200 sporrty, both use the tts with great results.
Thanks

Harley 2001-present.
:smiled:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

happyman

Quote from: HOGMIKE on July 22, 2012, 10:46:00 AM
Quote from: happyman on July 22, 2012, 08:35:50 AM

Thanks

Harley 2001-present.
:smiled:

so how long before the updated version will hit the street?  also i take it  the TTs will then work on the touring and dyna  plus softails?

08fxstc

IIRC Mr Cole is making the new TTS do a similar thing to the Harley tuner, PV ect anyway - collecting data in the dongle and storing maps in it? Don't think the "copying" as such is all one way.

My opinion only but the new one would want to v-tune the bike for me to make it worth the wait.

Not sure if i have messed a thread but surely Steve could chime in with an update, it has been a while since he did.

woodreaux

I too have too have been waiting since May for the new TTS release.
As others have pointed out there are other tuning solutions.
My luck is the day I buy the other tuner is the day TTS is released.

happyman

Quote from: woodreaux on July 24, 2012, 04:01:39 AM
I too have too have been waiting since May for the new TTS release.
As others have pointed out there are other tuning solutions.
My luck is the day I buy the other tuner is the day TTS is released.

thats kinda how things go sometimes.. don't seem like the people that know ar at least should know  have much to say about this.
time will tell and i have an idea its a short time.

Nebraskarider1

Are there any dealers that have any left? I have only been able to find a 2 bike unit.

Jeffd

Quote from: Nebraskarider1 on July 25, 2012, 08:54:45 PM
Are there any dealers that have any left? I have only been able to find a 2 bike unit.
Check with Kuryakan (sp?) 

Coyote

I sent Steve a PM several weeks ago asking where I could find some and he never responded.  :nix:

happyman

Quote from: Coyote on July 25, 2012, 09:14:42 PM

I sent Steve a PM several weeks ago asking where I could find some and he never responded.  :nix:

just what is the problem that there are none available. guess i have not been paying attention to or noticed an issue till just  a few days ago. thinking seriously bout a 13 model and i prefer to ride it out of the dealership with a  TTS cooling things off

KiwiRob

Just got off another forum, & the week of the 23rd was to be the release of the new TTS.

Rob.

RXBOB

justaguy

The new Mastertune is shipping out the end of this week. But, they will not be fully functional until the updates are sent out 10 days later, through the updater. The ones we will receive will be able to do everything the old units were able to do. Then, they will slowly start releasing updates as they are available.

LJfxst

:smiled: :teeth: :smilep:yeaaaaaah booooooy is it solid or still maybe

LJfxst

who can supply me one how do i get one quick

hrdtail78

I can, and up until yesterday at around noon (when I sold my last one) I could of sold you the older style one. The ones I had where first come first serve.
Semper Fi