May 09, 2024, 12:56:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

At what outside temp do you remove the lowers on an Ultra?

Started by 176, April 25, 2012, 02:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffd

Quote from: skeets on May 02, 2012, 04:55:18 AM
If ya want to take them off why have them inthe first place???? :wtf:

They came standard on my Roadglide Ultra otherwise I would not have paid extra for them.  Bike looks much better without them in my opinion. I bet many of the guys that swear by them make fun of Goldwings etc for having too much protection lol.

War Horse

I dont make fun of Goldwings, but I do make fun of some of the riders  :scratch: hmm, that goes for some of every group, eh ?  :wink:
A clear conscience is the sign of a fuzzy memory

glens

Quote from: Jeffd on May 02, 2012, 09:01:32 AM
I bet many of the guys that swear by them make fun of Goldwings etc for having too much protection lol.

It's not the amount of protection on the Goldwings, it's the frame-mounted fairing, HAHAHA!

Actually, it's the whole bike that instills making fun of Goldwings.  A fully plastic-shrouded soulless two-wheeled vehicle.

Jeffd

Quote from: glens on May 02, 2012, 12:30:41 PM
Quote from: Jeffd on May 02, 2012, 09:01:32 AM
I bet many of the guys that swear by them make fun of Goldwings etc for having too much protection lol.

It's not the amount of protection on the Goldwings, it's the frame-mounted fairing, HAHAHA!

Actually, it's the whole bike that instills making fun of Goldwings.  A fully plastic-shrouded soulless two-wheeled vehicle.

They have about as much soul as any t/c lol my 2011 rgu doesn't have a lot of soul but after a 1000 mile day I'll pick comfort over soul

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

sgrand71

I took mine off because I never liked them. They came with the bike at no extra charge. When I decide they have collected enough dust I'm sure they will be worth a small $ to someone.
The only normal people are the ones you don't really know!

Bladesmith

Quote from: skeets on May 02, 2012, 04:55:18 AM
If ya want to take them off why have them in the first place???? :wtf:

They came with the Ultra Limited I won with a $10 raffle ticket...Lowers and tourbox came off the day I got the bike..have never used the am/fm or cb.

The universe, fate, God or whatnot gave me the bike....I feel it would be Very wrong to get rid of it.
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan