May 08, 2024, 09:49:07 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken R

Yeah, Ron.  Mine has found a permanent spot on the Ultra Limited handlebar.  Love it.  Have several gauge displays programmed it, both analog and digital-numeric.  My instantaneous and trip fuel efficiency, ET, MAP, and a couple of others are in the six-field display.  It's the one I use the most. 

I like the analog displays, but they're too jumpy and need some software dampening. 

I do have all of my tunes in a couple of computers and even a flash memory stick just in case;  from the factory stock, through all of my renditions, to the current tune.

Ken

delta

I would make copies on different medias. The tune could be accidentally deleted from one of the slots.

upnorthbiker

Hi,
This is by far the best answers for PV on the net.
I first installed a PCV on the bike with Autotune fitted, I had a few problems and it was found the PCV was faulty. It was still under warranty and Dynojet UK allowed me to pay a little extra and swapped it for a PV. I was told that with the addition of a longer can cable and a Y connector cable for the diag port I could use the Autotune on the PV.
So if I install the Autotune, along with the O2 eliminator plugs, I would then run Autotune Pro and that would give me an open loop map ?
Then export the trims and flash with the new map. Its not aleways convenient to run with the display connected, so I would be running the bike in open loop, the same as a PCV would ?
Is this way better than leaving the factory sensors connected, do a basic tune, save and flash to the ECU, then your running as closed/open loop same as from the factory ?
Have I got this right or can someone explain it for me ?
Surely I dont have to fit extra bungs for the widebands and run them alongside the factory sensors to get Autotune Pro ?
I only have slip ons, K & N and the PV, but its just so lean from the factory.
Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Jeff

Jamie Long

Quote from: upnorthbiker on January 23, 2013, 02:34:28 PM
Hi,
This is by far the best answers for PV on the net.
I first installed a PCV on the bike with Autotune fitted, I had a few problems and it was found the PCV was faulty. It was still under warranty and Dynojet UK allowed me to pay a little extra and swapped it for a PV. I was told that with the addition of a longer can cable and a Y connector cable for the diag port I could use the Autotune on the PV.
So if I install the Autotune, along with the O2 eliminator plugs, I would then run Autotune Pro and that would give me an open loop map ?
Then export the trims and flash with the new map. Its not aleways convenient to run with the display connected, so I would be running the bike in open loop, the same as a PCV would ?
Is this way better than leaving the factory sensors connected, do a basic tune, save and flash to the ECU, then your running as closed/open loop same as from the factory ?
Have I got this right or can someone explain it for me ?
Surely I dont have to fit extra bungs for the widebands and run them alongside the factory sensors to get Autotune Pro ?
I only have slip ons, K & N and the PV, but its just so lean from the factory.
Thanks and sorry for the long post.
Jeff

When you are using the Wideband AT module and put the PV in Auto Tune mode the calibration is automatically setup in open loop, there is no need to use O2 eliminators as PV has the ability to turn off closed loop and adaptive control. When you are finished with your tune sessions, have applied your corrections and have the tune where you want it you can remove the PV/AT, reinstall the factory O2 sensors, and re-enable closed loop. The other options are to leave everything installed and use the AT module and PV to monitor live data, or if you have and exhaust with the ability to run both the factory and AT Wideband sensors run them both which allows you to run closed loop and monitor/log AF data in real time along with everything on the ECM's data bus. Having this ability is a huge eye opener for many users as it allows you to see exactly how the ECM does business as usual, including how the closed loop integrator and adaptive control works.

upnorthbiker

Thanks Jamie, I have a lot of playing and learning to get on with come the spring, summer.
Jeff

Ozbob

Any word on the next lot of updates. Been quiet for a while now.
charge dilution, Map tooth IVO etc???????

joe_lyons

February 08, 2013, 07:40:04 AM #256 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:42:19 AM by joe_lyons50023
I was told at the show somewhere around may and for tuners some good news of a collaboration between the PV and the dyno.

And charge dilution is already available you just need to update ur map through the PV.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Jamie Long

Quote from: Ozbob on February 08, 2013, 06:44:36 AM
Any word on the next lot of updates. Been quiet for a while now.
charge dilution, Map tooth IVO etc???????

Front/Rear Charge Dilution, multiple spark temp correction tables, more enhanced closed loop control, and other various tables were added the later part of last year. To update your tune with the latest exposed tables first update your PV firmware thru the PV Update Client, plug into WinPV and go to PowerVision>Update Tune from PV and hit OK. As far as new updates there is some very cool stuff being tested at the moment, we expect a significant update in the next several months. 

joe_lyons

Nice getting to meet you at the show jamie.  I always love updates.

Ozbob

Yep, cheers fellas I was looking at the latest updates on my PC when I posted.
Guess my thing with charge dilution was the need for a clearer explanation on how to use effectively.
Cheers Jamie for the update.

Jamie Long

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 08, 2013, 08:08:00 AM
Nice getting to meet you at the show jamie.  I always love updates.

Great meeting you as well, always appreciate someone willing to think outside the box. A TBW conversion on a Dyna?.......awesome.

joe_lyons

Thank you Jamie I just wanted map based tuning for my Dyna and no tuning device can provide that for me. So I made it work.  Only problem is that I tuned the bike with the cable drive ecm so now I have to pay a chunk of change to tune the fbw ecm.

strokerjlk

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 08, 2013, 04:55:25 PM
Thank you Jamie I just wanted map based tuning for my Dyna and no tuning device can provide that for me. So I made it work.  Only problem is that I tuned the bike with the cable drive ecm so now I have to pay a chunk of change to tune the fbw ecm.
what cal level you running now 205 ,009, 358 ?
you work at a dealership and you have to pay for dyno time for this project????? shame on her!
I am more of a cable throttle guy. I havent come to embrace the FBW for my own ride. but the lambda map base is sweet in some respects.
nice project :up:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

joe_lyons

No I tuned my cable drive ecm with my PV when I got it but now that I have my FBW ecm I have to pay for the unlock license to open up my PV and retune the new ecm which by the way is a borrowed ecm so if anyone knows of a FBW ecm for sale for a smoking deal. I have found $125 so far.

strokerjlk

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 09, 2013, 08:44:18 AM
No I tuned my cable drive ecm with my PV when I got it but now that I have my FBW ecm I have to pay for the unlock license to open up my PV and retune the new ecm which by the way is a borrowed ecm so if anyone knows of a FBW ecm for sale for a smoking deal. I have found $125 so far.
I see . little $$$ at a time.
you doing a 2010 up 009 cal?

joe_lyons

Ya I got a 009 cal in it now.  The borrowed ecm has a supertuner attached to it so I can do something but I do miss tuning with my PV

wurk_truk

$125 IS a smoking deal on a FBW ECM.
Oh No!

strokerjlk

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 09, 2013, 10:11:05 AM
Ya I got a 009 cal in it now.  The borrowed ecm has a supertuner attached to it so I can do something but I do miss tuning with my PV
What year ECM ?
if it is a 09 ecm?
sepst is the only tuner that allows you to load and run a 009 cal.
You need a 10 ECM to run  lambda with Pv or tts. Unless DJ has changed recently.

wurk_truk

Combining some thoughts here.  A 09 ECM would be TITS for you.  Run a 205 cal, place the O2s near the heads, and be done with it.  I'm running a 09 ECM, using 205 cals, and have the O2s right next to the ports.
Oh No!

joe_lyons

February 10, 2013, 09:19:16 AM #269 Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:41:33 AM by joe_lyons50023
Quote from: strokerjlk on February 09, 2013, 06:11:51 PM
Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on February 09, 2013, 10:11:05 AM
What year ECM ?
if it is a 09 ecm?
sepst is the only tuner that allows you to load and run a 009 cal.
You need a 10 ECM to run  lambda with Pv or tts. Unless DJ has changed recently.
I have an ecm from a 2011 right now but the ecms are the same that not the issue its what O2 sensors you use pretty much. TTS, DJPV and SEST all have a 009, 044, and 205 files(PV 205 like files are 202?). and there are lambda maps for PV for 08-09.  The 009 maps are lambda from PV. But i dont think that there are any lambda maps for 08-09 through TTS to work with the 0-1v O2 sensors.
Quote from: wurk_truk on February 09, 2013, 08:00:43 PM
Combining some thoughts here.  A 09 ECM would be TITS for you.  Run a 205 cal, place the O2s near the heads, and be done with it.  I'm running a 09 ECM, using 205 cals, and have the O2s right next to the ports.
I did this whole project to get away from throttle position maps and to get to lambda/MAP files.  I could run a 009 map for the 0-1v O2 sensors but i would still need to redo the bungs b/c they are still the stock placement that work great for stock but not so much for a free flowing exhaust and drilling and welding is still needed and what ever O2 sensor setup I do it dosent matter what year the ecm is just that i have it wired correctly for 2 wire or 4 wire

strokerjlk

Joe it's all part of learning. This is my collection of tuners for my bike. 7 if you count my tts was first a race tuner .
Maybe vision has some 2009 lambda maps ? I believe jamie responded somewhere on this thread when I asked about using 009 cals in 09 bikes at that time he said no?
I have a vision on mine now and just began tuning on it with my old tts map as a base.
So far so good.

joe_lyons

Dude I know its a huge learning process.  I'm just looking at all of the 2009 maps from the PV website and looking at all of the software levels.  I am just trying to get all of the information out that I can and at the same time learn something new b/c that just the way I am. 

whats your fav and least fav device at your disposal there

strokerjlk

Quote from: Jamie Long on September 11, 2012, 09:29:42 AM
Quote from: strokerjlk on September 10, 2012, 04:25:39 PM

Will there  be any 205 lambda base maps?
I have a few sepst 205 lambda tuned bikes running around.( open loop and working out nice)
Have you tested any 205 lambda bikes in open loop?
Closed loop with wide bands ?
Narrow band closed loop? (12mm or 18mm)

All of our 205 cals are TPS X RPM. They are closed loop maps using the factory sensors, however one could certainly configure them in open loop if desired. We do not "currently" have the ability to run closed loop with Widebands.

QuoteDude I know its a huge learning processI'm just looking at all of the 2009 maps from the PV website and looking at all of the software levels.  I am just trying to get all of the information out that I can and at the same time learn something new b/c that just the way I am. 

then you missed this Dude

joe_lyons

205 map is not lambda I know but the 44 and the 009 maps are.  Which all of the 2009 maps are 009 based files not 202/205.  Or are we talking about something different?

wurk_truk

Oh?  It matters GREATLY what year ECM you use.  09 ECM does NOT have the heater circuit for the 12mm O2s.  If you are set in stone on running Lambda base cals, you will need a 2010up ECM.  As, the internal programming is different enough to scare me off.  You most likely will not get anyone to issue you a 2009 base cal in Lambda to start with.  So... then you ARE stuck with 009 or 044 base cals.

I am running the 09 on a 2010 bike, because I traced out all of the wiring from the diagrams for both years and the 09, and I assume 08, ECM has the pin NOT wired for the heaters until 2010.  So, this is what allowed me to use the 09 ECM on a 10 bike.  I used the same wiring harness down to the grey and white plugs, THEN ran a two wire from these and abandoned the heater circuits that were non existent in the 09 ECM.

In all reality, couldn't you tune open loop with the Vision and use the AT100 kit in the 18mm bungs?
Oh No!