May 09, 2024, 07:27:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Quote from: Ozbob on April 01, 2013, 08:04:42 AM
I have PE disabled normally.
So, you sayin the ECM will use last known parameters(VE,Spark) to run above tabled RPM limit?
Or, there are unseen tables that extend beyond what you are seeing.
Ron

joe_lyons

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 01, 2013, 08:17:59 AM
Quote from: Ozbob on April 01, 2013, 08:04:42 AM
So, you sayin the ECM will use last known parameters(VE,Spark) to run above tabled RPM limit?

Yes, that's how it works with the other tuning devices and 99.99999% sure that's how PV handles it.  Hopefully somebody else can chime  in and take care of that .00001%.
I would agree with 78.  Kinda like the closed throttle spark
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

rbabos

Since the title is PV questions I have one. In limits and switches there are 4 PE settings. I'm not clear on this. Both my stock vrod cal and pv cal have the pe function enabled via tps. In the rpm settings they are disabled. Is this an option to go with either or method and presently using tps to enable it? It's odd the stock bike cal has it set the same way so I doubt it's actually disabled from the factory.
Ron

upnorthbiker

Hi,
The weathers getting better so now its my first attemps to try the autotune basic. Please excuse the basic question as I have seen some very in depth descriptions and answers on this thread.
Ive attached a screenshot after a short autotune session, it looks to be working fine but I have no idea what its actually displaying in the fields, while I was standing stationary the 1250rpm box counted all the way to 99, is this correct ?
what is the meaning of the different colors red, orange and green and why are some 99 and red ?
I have a Vrod Muscle and ive read that you have to change the operating temperatures in the autotune setup, is this absolutely required ?
and in some screens the temperature on the PV shows degrees C while others show degrees F, anyone know if theres a setting to make them all the same and what temps to use for the Vrod ?
Sorry for so many questions, but any help gratefully recieved.
[attach=0]  

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

rbabos

Page 19-20 in the autotune pdf covers how to set the temps . vrod should be set low=160 and max 230f. If you open WinPv and load the calibration you are using, go to optioins at the top and then setup, metric and imperiall are your choices.
Ron

upnorthbiker

Thanks Ron,
From the screenshot of the PV in my post, does it look like its operating correctly ?
Am I best autotuning the original or a canned map ?
Thanks, Jeff

rbabos

April 03, 2013, 02:38:25 PM #356 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:03:07 PM by rbabos
Quote from: upnorthbiker on April 03, 2013, 02:11:11 PM
Thanks Ron,
From the screenshot of the PV in my post, does it look like its operating correctly ?
Am I best autotuning the original or a canned map ?
Thanks, Jeff
Can't help you on the operating correctly part since I've yet to use the damn thing due to spring taking it's time arriving. After viewing the original I would not do that unless first upping the clbs to 625 or so. In that case might as well use the Stock Improved from the software downloads at Dynojet. Tuning the stock cal with such low clbs don't seem fruitfull in my view. It would tune too lean when done. Just my observations on that.
Ron

joe_lyons

Quote from: upnorthbiker on April 03, 2013, 10:37:35 AM
Hi,
The weathers getting better so now its my first attemps to try the autotune basic. Please excuse the basic question as I have seen some very in depth descriptions and answers on this thread.
Ive attached a screenshot after a short autotune session, it looks to be working fine but I have no idea what its actually displaying in the fields, while I was standing stationary the 1250rpm box counted all the way to 99, is this correct ?
what is the meaning of the different colors red, orange and green and why are some 99 and red ?
I have a Vrod Muscle and ive read that you have to change the operating temperatures in the autotune setup, is this absolutely required ?
and in some screens the temperature on the PV shows degrees C while others show degrees F, anyone know if theres a setting to make them all the same and what temps to use for the Vrod ?
[attach=0]
U are off to a good start.  The numbers you see are hits of information per say and the more the better.  You need to get more of the higher areas.  Prob cruise in a lower gear at higher rpm. 

delta

April 03, 2013, 05:52:31 PM #358 Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:47:22 PM by delta
Quote from: upnorthbiker on April 03, 2013, 10:37:35 AM
Hi,
[attach=0]
Green - You still need more hits in that area
Yellow - You almost have enough hits in that area
Red - You have enough hits in that area per the values set in the PV (the default used to be 5, it looks like yours is 10) The greater the number of hits, the more reliable the data will be. It tops out at 99.

NBF:O NBR:O - Narrow band sensor front is open (not recording), Narrow band sensor rear is open (not recording). This is perfectly normal.

VE+ The conditions are changing too rapidly or moving between VE table cells.

Practice smooth, deliberate throttle movement as this helps to eliminate the NBO and VE+ messages.

upnorthbiker

Hello Again Everyone,
Thankyou so much for the answers, that got me going goon. Been out today and done some autotune basic with very positive results.
Bike running very smooth with no surging at all, and boy is it a good game to hit those cells, some just dont want to know.
Ok, so happy with the results and went home, loaded WinPV and did a compare to the canned map I started with.
Why has the engine displacement gone from 76 cubic inches ( I have a V rod ) to 80.0 cubic inches on the Autotune map ?
Do I change it back to 76 or leave it at 80.8 ?
Thankyou again and hope someone knows the answer to my latest question.
Jeff

joe_lyons

Leave it as it is.  It bumps the CI up to help with some high areas of the ve table.

upnorthbiker

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on April 06, 2013, 02:25:20 PM
Leave it as it is.  It bumps the CI up to help with some high areas of the ve table.
Joe: Would this be from using the scale button instead of the cap button during the export process or does it do it on it's own? Cap is obvious but until this post never gave much thought on what the scale part did. It would makes sense it would increase CI to counter the 127 max ve's.
Ron

joe_lyons

Yes the scale will change the CI and cap won't and it will stop at the 127.5 and not do anything past that.

strokerjlk

Quote from: rbabos on April 06, 2013, 03:40:15 PM
Joe: Would this be from using the scale button instead of the cap button during the export process or does it do it on it's own? Cap is obvious but until this post never gave much thought on what the scale part did. It would makes sense it would increase CI to counter the 127 max ve's.
Ron
Mine increased the ci 3 times . When basic tuning up to 70'kpa. Then 2 more times when I increased to 80 kpa in close loop . I am at 16 street runs now , and it's running pretty sweet.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

rbabos

Quote from: strokerjlk on April 06, 2013, 07:10:44 PM
Ron
Mine increased the ci 3 times . When basic tuning up to 70'kpa. Then 2 more times when I increased to 80 kpa in close loop . I am at 16 street runs now , and it's running pretty sweet.
Is this on your 120 with a new tune done with PV in basic? So, for an overall DIY road tuning device how do you like it?
Ron

strokerjlk

Quote from: rbabos on April 07, 2013, 09:45:51 AM
Ron
Is this on your 120 with a new tune done with PV in basic? So, for an overall DIY road tuning device how do you like it?
Ron
Yes on my 120 cranking 225 ccp . I used a mt 7 from version 1.57 as my base .
It was from my 120 with RH/TD's and cranking 185 ish
Wegner 2-1 is on  lt right now.
I like it real well. It has dialed in quite nice .
It gets hot pretty quick at idle. And I have a lean spit when you blip the throttle at idle here and there . Not untill it is running 245-260 ET Though

rbabos

Quote from: strokerjlk on April 07, 2013, 12:22:33 PM
Ron
Ron
It gets hot pretty quick at idle. And I have a lean spit when you blip the throttle at idle here and there . Not untill it is running 245-260 ET Though
Damn throttle blippers. :hyst: Nothing a couple of adjustments won't cure between that and the idle temps. :wink:
Actually got out for the first time today and did a couple runs. Didn't run too bad on the first autotune. Exported that and ran another.  Slight occaisonal burb in light load from the first run was gone. Exported second run and went to get some smokes with no autotune running. Could not detect anything that pissed me off. I will do more for sure but damn it seems really good right now. More runs to come as weather permits.
Ron

strokerjlk

Quote from: rbabos on April 07, 2013, 12:50:23 PM
Quote from: strokerjlk on April 07, 2013, 12:22:33 PM
Ron
Ron
Damn throttle blippers. :hyst: Nothing a couple of adjustments won't cure between that and the idle temps. :wink:
Actually got out for the first time today and did a couple runs. Didn't run too bad on the first autotune. Exported that and ran another.  Slight occaisonal burb in light load from the first run was gone. Exported second run and went to get some smokes with no autotune running. Could not detect anything that pissed me off. I will do more for sure but damn it seems really good right now. More runs to come as weather permits.
Ron
after 16 data runs I pulled the map and took it to open loop at idle and up to 2250
closed loop to 60 kpa from 2500 to 3500. thats a lot because this motor cruises with me solo at 33 kpa. 70 mph 2700 rpms. i have a little knock activity going on here and there . but it runs a lot cooler now.the ET never got above 232 with the new afr table. i set clb at 699 and I am going to see what it does. I guessed at 80-100 kpa ve's and it hauls azz 120 mph in 4th from a 3000 rpm roll on is instant. CI is at 155 now.
I think you are going to love it Ron

Ozbob

Auto tuned my 2010 Flhx, oil temps dropped by 30F.
Very happy with the tune developed by the PV, 96ci, 48's, VH true duals and SE AC.
Just about to start tuning my freshened 120 with the Pro tune setup, should be interesting.

flatfifth2003

I have a question, I have an 08 Flhx, 103 vtr street port, propipe with s&s 510c's, I have done 9 tuning runs using basic, the bike runs pretty good for the most part except when I quickly roll on to wot. It will cough and backfire, it doesn't do it when I ease it to wot. I am thinking I need to increase my AE value? Not sure how much though. I the calibration it is set for 1, I have attached a copy of the calibration, thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me with this-Terry

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

mayor

I think your ve tables need some work.  It looks to me like they are not very well populated in the early rpm/heavy throttle cells. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

rbabos

Quote from: flatfifth2003 on April 08, 2013, 04:41:50 AM
I have a question, I have an 08 Flhx, 103 vtr street port, propipe with s&s 510c's, I have done 9 tuning runs using basic, the bike runs pretty good for the most part except when I quickly roll on to wot. It will cough and backfire, it doesn't do it when I ease it to wot. I am thinking I need to increase my AE value? Not sure how much though. I the calibration it is set for 1, I have attached a copy of the calibration, thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me with this-Terry
It might do this if in autotune mode since it's disabled during those runs.  If it does it with the cal normally, I'd guess at adding 2 points globally at a time until the hesitation is cured. The 5% ve area does look low which could be the cause also. Problem is if you manually up these, it will revert back over time. Maybe chase this area up with charge dilution before screwing with the AE table? More knowledgable will chime in soon with possibly better info.
Ron

flatfifth2003

it does it when its running on the cal, I'm going to increase the ae multiplier globally to 1.25 and do some more at runs to work on the ve's where they need it, and reread the sticky on egr and see what I need to do there if ae doesn't resolve it. Thanks for the replies-Terry

rbabos

Quote from: flatfifth2003 on April 08, 2013, 06:38:45 AM
it does it when its running on the cal, I'm going to increase the ae multiplier globally to 1.25 and do some more at runs to work on the ve's where they need it, and reread the sticky on egr and see what I need to do there if ae doesn't resolve it. Thanks for the replies-Terry
I would sort the ve table out first. AE might not need adjusting then. Work those areas more in autotune and failing that play with the egr.
Ron