May 09, 2024, 06:25:11 AM

News:

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hdmanillac

Thank you Joe. Always on top !

:up:

I'll send my cal to dynojet and continue the the tuning process for 96ci+48H stage 2.

:chop:
2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

HD/Wrench

Joe beat me to it.. PV has been very helpful when it comes to alter the maps for the cam timing. By chance have you tried a map for a CVO 110?  It has worked very well for us here.

hdmanillac

No CVO map are delivered or downloadable for DPV.

How can I get such a CVO map ?

:scratch:

rbabos

Quote from: hdmanillac on January 06, 2014, 09:59:37 AM
No CVO map are delivered or downloadable for DPV.

How can I get such a CVO map ?

Direct from DJ via email or anyone else willing to send you a copy.
Ron

hdmanillac

Ok I've got one for FLHRSE13.

I'll see what I can do with that.

:up:

hdmanillac

Dealing with CVO map for 96ci+A48H do you only change Engine displacement and tune VEs ? Or do you copy/paste some other tables from 96ci stock cal ?

joe_lyons

The copy and paste method will be somewhat close but in no way exact.  When going from one cal type to another copy paste isn't the most exact. 
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

HD/Wrench

I would only alter CI . Set it at 100-103 to allow room and go from there. Last one I did I set it at 103 and the map was rich to start. The deal breaker is when you you set it at say 96 Ci and you run out of room the increase that PV will do fo you , you still have to retune it. SO better to start with it a bit larger in CI from the get go.  COpy and past is in the ball park but it is just a starting point . 

HA HA Joe posted it up first .  :up:

hdmanillac

hdmanillac

Hello Boyz !

This evening I've tried a CVO 044 cal in my 96ci+A48H.

I must say I'm fan !

Needed some adjustment like cranking fuel (reduced) and still need a Autotune Pro session to set everything properly but the result is there: good MPG, good torque and no ping at all.

:up: :chop: :up:

UltraNutZ

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on November 05, 2012, 09:16:29 PM
I do wish there was a record feature to show you just the 20-60kpa data to better show you where the CDE woud affect but mabie the later update with the ivo/ivc crank tooth data.  Spoke with Jamie about those 2 tune tables today and he said possibly a winter update.

been a LONG winter
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

joe_lyons

It has been but I did say possible. :)

Sarhan

In my country there is no dyno machine for bikes, am using PV1 and I have did couple of auto tune session, the stock O2 wont's gave an correct reading and my concern that I don't know whats my real AFR.

I'm planning to buy AT-110 auto tune pro kit, Just want to know if i will be able to see the AFR on the PV device while using pro tune?

Sorry for my English

Thanks

Sarhan       

aswracing

Quote from: Sarhan on June 15, 2014, 02:53:49 AM
In my country there is no dyno machine for bikes, am using PV1 and I have did couple of auto tune session, the stock O2 wont's gave an correct reading and my concern that I don't know whats my real AFR.

I'm planning to buy AT-110 auto tune pro kit, Just want to know if i will be able to see the AFR on the PV device while using pro tune?

Sorry for my English

Thanks

Sarhan     

Yes, you can monitor front and/or rear AFR when you've got the wide band kit.

Coug45

Quote from: Sarhan on June 15, 2014, 02:53:49 AM

Sorry for my English

Thanks

Sarhan     

Sarhan,

i've just started using the AT-100 with the PV.  I'm tuning a 2004 without factory O2 sensors.  the ability to see the AFR responses has been extremely helpful in identifying potential problem areas, especially associating high engine temperature and lean conditions under certain MAP and RPMs, and making adjustments as needed.  I could not auto tune without the AT-100, but due to the modifications on the bike, it would have been very difficult to fix these issues with only stock sensors, if I had them.  I highly recommend the AT-100 kit to anyone tuning a stage II or above modified bike.

Sarhan

Thank you Coug45/Aswracing

I hope the kit will help me with the latest modification that i did on my 110 engine, I have installed GMR577's, GMR lifers kit, GMR push rods, jackpot XXX, K&N replacement filter, also HPI58TP is in the way.

As there is no dyno in Bahrain the only way to check the performance is to race (quarter mile) with one of my friends who got goldwing F6B, before i did any upgrades the race was nick to nick at the finish line, after the upgrades with couple of auto tune session I blow off him from start (i know its stupid way to check the performance).

Hope the kit will help to rectify the weakness points       

2006FXDCI

Ok guys got a dumb question concerning the PV tuner . If i modify a map using my laptop how to i download the map from the laptop to the PV unit ? Reason i ask as i will soon be taking my friends bike down to nearest dyno to check AFR and power output , they only use TTS at their shop so any changes made to the map we need to be done by me . Thanks for any help
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Durwood

June 17, 2014, 12:10:47 PM #517 Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 12:14:39 PM by Durwood
Quote from: 2006FXDCI on June 17, 2014, 10:10:50 AM
Ok guys got a dumb question concerning the PV tuner . If i modify a map using my laptop how to i download the map from the laptop to the PV unit ? Reason i ask as i will soon be taking my friends bike down to nearest dyno to check AFR and power output , they only use TTS at their shop so any changes made to the map we need to be done by me . Thanks for any help
Plug PV to your lap top, open a session of WinPV, click Get tune,this will put your map on the screen, then you can make your changes, then click file, and save as, then name the file, click save.
Then open the newly named map in WinPV and click send tune, you will have to save it to a slot, then you are ready to put the PV back on the bike and load the tune.

2006FXDCI

Durwood , thanks a million !
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

Durwood

Sarhan

Can anyone explain this little more, on PV, vehicle tools there is an opetion to reset the fuel trim and idle trim, when do I need to rest both options and dose resetting these values after reflashing the ECM will affect the the tune?

Thanks in advance

Sarhan

joe_lyons

You will be asked to reset the fuel trims when flashing the ecm and its not a bad idea to reset them every time but if the adaptive fuel is turned off then its not a bit deal.  The idle trim helps when a bigger throttle body/ motor build is installed or if an air leak has been fixed.

delta

My understanding was anytime you made a change to the VE or AFR you should do a reset.

FLTRI

Quote from: delta on November 19, 2014, 09:51:36 AM
My understanding was anytime you made a change to the VE or AFR you should do a reset.
👍👍
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Sunny Jim

Side tracking -  but yet another PV question.
Can I change/reset my original map in my PV , which was flashed from my ECM?
Secondly , I have a SE base map. Is the a way I can download it into my PV?