May 08, 2024, 07:47:15 PM

News:

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 20, 2014, 10:50:33 PMCan I change/reset my original map in my PV
absolutely

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 20, 2014, 10:50:33 PMwhich was flashed from my ECM?
not sure what you mean here

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 20, 2014, 10:50:33 PMSecondly , I have a SE base map. Is the a way I can download it into my PV?
why would you want to?  Tel us your build and we'll give you an idea of what PV base map to start with.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Sunny Jim

Good ol' 120r in a streetglide. I have raved about it on HTT for a while now!

UltraNutZ

yikes.. S&S has a handful of maps on their site for 124" which should get you in the ball-park.

Sunny Jim

On good advice and info from Steve- GMR, I am running the appropriate 120r map from SE. I have only yesterday got my PV up and running. I will do some ATs this week. A few more miles , then heads off and cams. Some often pro's here have been very helpful. Thanks to all!

joe_lyons

Yes you can tune the screamin eagle cal with a powervision. 
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

hrdtail78

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 24, 2014, 06:24:49 AM
On good advice and info from Steve- GMR, I am running the appropriate 120r map from SE. I have only yesterday got my PV up and running. I will do some ATs this week. A few more miles , then heads off and cams. Some often pro's here have been very helpful. Thanks to all!

Keep us informed on that, and the progress you make.
Semper Fi

WideWildGlide

so your say if i hook the PV up and wide bands in i can download the SERT map and it fill in the VE and simple jsut copy and paste on the labtop?

joe_lyons

You can tune off of whatever map is in the ecm if you want.  So if you have a cal from SE in your ecm then yes you can tune with it.

WideWildGlide

Thanks, i been using WEGO IIID with TTS and SERT build and then swapping and doing timing runs very time consuming vs PV

joe_lyons

Now I use PV and the wideband kit to tune sert cals and vrods with sepst with the old PV log tuner program, then copy paste.

WideWildGlide

do you have link to download the old PV data logger off hand? ive never had good lucky data logging with PV but there been several update since i last tryed

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons on November 27, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
Now I use PV and the wideband kit to tune sert cals and vrods with sepst with the old PV log tuner program, then copy paste.
I think you missed the (damn), ahead of vrods. :hyst: Mellowing, are we?
Ron

joe_lyons

sandrooney

If I have both the wide band (AT Pro) and the stock narrow band installed and I set the AT to Pro does it disable the narrow band (basic) until I go back and enable it or do I have to unhook the narrow band sensors ? 
Thanks,
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

joe_lyons

Pro sets the afr table to 13 which shuts off the NB.  When the flash is flashed back in then it reverts to the orig. Settings but the ve numbers are altered and or ign. If you enabled it.

UltraNutZ

December 14, 2014, 06:36:20 AM #540 Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:39:31 AM by UltraNutZ
It will use both if you have the ability to do so (dual bungs) and will provide for better street tuning results.  setup to run your auto-tune pro then when you're happy, flash your ECM and go back to using only the narrowband sensors.

**EDIT**
let me clarify.. leave them both hooked up.  When in AT-Pro mode it will only populate data using the WB sensor data.  Then when you're done and the WB sensors removed, it will revert back to using the closed loop sensors so nothing for you to do other than hook up your WB sensors, set it to AT-Pro, as Joe stated above it will disable the closed loop sensors, tune your open loop areas, then it will go back to closed loop when you're done.

joe_lyons

I do the narrow band first up to say 70-80kpa because it will change live.  Then continue the trends from 70->100 and then use wide bands.  It is interesting how the sensors will see different signals where they are located.

sandrooney

So to go back to narrow band I have to remove the wide band or just go back to AT and choose basic ?
Thanks a lot
SR

UltraNutZ

correct.  as Joe stated though.. do your closed loop tuning first then your open loop.

sandrooney

By correct you mean I have to remove the WB or just go back AT and choose basic ?  Thanks

joe_lyons

You can leave the wide bands hooked up if you want. You can monitor afterwards if you wish. 

joe_lyons

Choosing basic or pro tuning just sets the afr table to the predetermined and then sets the data tables to record.  There is a few other things but that's the main points.

sandrooney

Thanks, I have a lot to learn on this thing but it's pretty cool.
Does it hurt the sensors to leave them in while disabled ?

2006FXDCI

Kevin , from what ive gathered it is best to remove the AT wide bands after tuning is done . Not much reason to have them in the exhaust path doing nothing . Probably shortens their life span as well .
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

UltraNutZ

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on December 14, 2014, 10:12:06 AM
Kevin , from what ive gathered it is best to remove the AT wide bands after tuning is done . Not much reason to have them in the exhaust path doing nothing . Probably shortens their life span as well .

:up: :up:

not cheap to replace them if you need them later for further tuning @ roughly $80 to $100 each.