Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandrooney

Thanks.
Josh hope that AT is working out.
Patience is such a waste of time .

zeke383

Okay, I am very seriously thinking about going from my black box TTS to the PV-1. Right now my TTS tune is very very close to where I would say I have adjusted all tables where They need to be. it,however is NOT a dyno tune but a road tune with a lot of hours.
My question: is it worth me taking every ounce of data and transferring into a winpep (I think that's the name of the program) tune or just ask around for a base tune that will get me close?

UltraNutZ

total waste of time IMO.  There are lovers and haters of both devices.  You're not going to get any better tune with PV than you will with TTS just more gadgets.  Simple fact of the matter is they both do the same thing, just in a different way.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

zeke383

I get that the end result will be the same but at least I wont have more cords on my bike than a patient on life support.... TTS module, computer,remote 7" viewer, power cord to laptop for long runs. Or I can make one clean install....

UltraNutZ

you could always contact TTS and ask to upgrade your black box to a blue VCI.  This one has flight recorder abilities where no screen is required at all.  Set it and ride it for days if you'd like.  then come back and compile those days worth of riding data into your new map.

Coyote

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 11, 2015, 08:02:27 AM
you could always contact TTS and ask to upgrade your black box to a blue VCI.  This one has flight recorder abilities where no screen is required at all.  Set it and ride it for days if you'd like.  then come back and compile those days worth of riding data into your new map.

AFAIK, they decided not to offer any upgrade path.

UltraNutZ

yeah Steve stopped that a while back but I would be inclined to think that if you call them up and ask them about it and they "understand" your intention of moving away from TTS altogether they might very well do something for you.  Who knows.. definitely worth a phone call. 

zeke383

I did think about that and may still do it. It is however a bit frustrating that their hardware seems to become "dated" so quickly.

Ken R

My motor was dyno-tuned using TTS several years ago.  When the PV came out, I took every cell in every table in my TTS and copied them in to the cells in my PV.  Some of the cells don't match, I had to blend them in.  But upon completion, I had a tune that needed very little tweaking.
It  was a fun exercise. 

Ken

Coyote

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 11, 2015, 08:12:06 AM
yeah Steve stopped that a while back but I would be inclined to think that if you call them up and ask them about it and they "understand" your intention of moving away from TTS altogether they might very well do something for you.  Who knows.. definitely worth a phone call.

You may be thinking of the upgrade from the old Sert to a Mastertune.  The hardware on the blue box is different so it's not upgradable, only replaceable. At least that is my understanding.

UltraNutZ

yes sir you're correct that's what I'm referring to the SERT to MT.  And your understanding is also correct on upgrade vs replace. my bad for not clarifying that.

misfitJason

When I get a new base map. Should I set my desired afr settings on the table before I auto tune or after I auto tune?
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

joe_lyons

Auto tune will set it to its own predetermined value.  Then then done it reverts back to what you command it to be.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

misfitJason

Quote from: joe_lyons on January 28, 2015, 05:58:10 AM
Auto tune will set it to its own predetermined value.  Then then done it reverts back to what you command it to be.
Thank you sir

misfitJason

January 30, 2015, 01:12:48 AM #564 Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:17:07 AM by misfitJason
The map I am running now is set for 8 degree angle injectors.  When I bought the bike new I had an issue with stalling and the dealership replaced my injectors with 27709-06a 25 degree angle injectors.  What setting would be appropriate to change my fuel injector setting to on my map?  I ahev no idea what these flow to rectify it before I auto tune the base map for my newly built motor.  The rest of the stuff is accurate in my base map (cams, displacement, exhaust).  Do they flow any different in volusme that the 8's?

misfitJason

Nevermind. Figured it out and they flow the same apparently

Sarhan

Another stupid question

When working on timing with AT PRO dose the system pull timing only or it also may advance the timing? and based on what the system will adjust the timing (detonation/knock) or something else

Thanks

joe_lyons

Only pull timing.  Do remember that timing needs are different with different air fuel ratios.  So if you use AT pro and it sets the afr to 13 then when your done and the afr table resets to whatever you have it set to then the timing needs are different as different loads and afr require different timing.  So just because it doesn't pull timing at 70 kpa in AT pro set at 13 afr does not mean the when at 13.8-14.7 that it won't need timing pulled out.  Did this help?

harleytuner

Quote from: Sunny Jim on November 20, 2014, 10:50:33 PM
Side tracking -  but yet another PV question.
Can I change/reset my original map in my PV , which was flashed from my ECM?
Secondly , I have a SE base map. Is the a way I can download it into my PV?

Not sure i'm getting the ?'s but I think I am.

The Vision has the ability to extract the current MAP in the ECM. So if the MAP that is currently in your ECM is stock then YES, you can extract it and make changes to it. 

The SE Map can be downloaded into the PV from a bike that has the SE MAP flashed into it.  But if you just want to take an SE MAP and import it into PV it is not possible (that I know of) without being in a bike first.  You could Flash the SE MAP into a bike with a SEPST then pull it out of that bike with the Vision though.

Sarhan

Quote from: joe_lyons on February 09, 2015, 07:27:00 AM
Only pull timing.  Do remember that timing needs are different with different air fuel ratios.  So if you use AT pro and it sets the afr to 13 then when your done and the afr table resets to whatever you have it set to then the timing needs are different as different loads and afr require different timing.  So just because it doesn't pull timing at 70 kpa in AT pro set at 13 afr does not mean the when at 13.8-14.7 that it won't need timing pulled out.  Did this help?

Yes thank you.. manual inputs needed

UltraNutZ

you could always grab the SE cal you're starting with and copy/paste the values into the corresponding tables on the PV cal..

HD/Wrench

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 09, 2015, 11:27:31 AM
you could always grab the SE cal you're starting with and copy/paste the values into the corresponding tables on the PV cal..

I would bump up the CI from what ever you have by at least 8 CI min

Sarhan

Another question

Can PV with AT100 reads AFR on a bike that not looked to PV (not married), let's say that you would like to diagnose the bike and see where the actual AFR?

Thanks

joe_lyons