May 09, 2024, 02:48:08 AM

News:

Power Vision questions

Started by BVHOG, August 16, 2012, 05:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

This is a cal set up for auto tune basic.  Do you have one that you have after auto tuning?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

joe_lyons

April 11, 2015, 08:30:40 AM #601 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:48:35 AM by joe_lyons
I find you will always have poping on decell if closed loop is active on decell.

Rokinrider

Thank you for your patience. Try this
Mclintock! swell party were the whiskey?

Rokinrider

How does a guy change that. In the tree under closed loop?? I appreciate your help...

joe_lyons

Did you set your whole afr table to 14.3 or did you extract that from the ecm?

rbabos

Quote from: Rokinrider on April 11, 2015, 09:00:28 AM
How does a guy change that. In the tree under closed loop?? I appreciate your help...
The popping might go away once you revert the map back to the normal fuel table. In auto tune setting it will be lean in the decel area. Popping is best resolved after tuning if needed and yes in the air fuel ratio table by fattening up the lambda in the pop zone.
Ron

joe_lyons

Quote from: rbabos on April 11, 2015, 09:22:37 AM
The popping might go away once you revert the map back to the normal fuel table. In auto tune setting it will be lean in the decel area. Popping is best resolved after tuning if needed and yes in the air fuel ratio table by fattening up the lambda in the pop zone.
Ron
I see the opposite as the sensors see the fresh charge from the outside and richen up the mix as it is.  You can see this when the VE numbers are larger in the decell TP/MAP than those above it.  To pop you have to have fuel burning into the pipe.  So if there is little to no fuel then there should be little to no pop. 

joe_lyons

Have you watched the how to videos on the dynojet website for doing Basic auto tune?

Rokinrider

extracted from the ECM. I have made no changes, I'm to new to this, I'm a carb ol fart.

Rokinrider

I did watch the videos, did I miss something or should I go through it again?

joe_lyons

Don't worry about extracting the cal out of the ecm.  When done auto tuning you will click the export learned and then you will pick a spot in one of the 8 slots to put it.  That is the cal you need to run when done and see if there is still more pop.  It will probably continue to pop with the cal you have in it as it is for basic auto tuning.

whittlebeast

It takes 3 things to get a trailing throttle popping.   Raw (unburned fuel) in the exhaust, oxygen front somewhere and heat/flaim.

The raw fuel can be from way too fat or from a lean misfire.

The oxygen can be from exhaust leak or a lean misfire or I guess a fat misfire but that is rare.

The heat can be from late ignition timing, like the anti lag turbo stuff, flaim from the other cylinder or I guess a hot exhaust tubing.  I never really tested that.

Google turbo antilag rally car for lots of info.  They do this on purpose.

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Rokinrider

Will do, Thanks Joe. I'm learning and having fun at the same time!

rbabos

Quote from: joe_lyons on April 11, 2015, 09:25:56 AM
Quote from: rbabos on April 11, 2015, 09:22:37 AM
Ron
I see the opposite as the sensors see the fresh charge from the outside and richen up the mix as it is.  You can see this when the VE numbers are larger in the decell TP/MAP than those above it.  To pop you have to have fuel burning into the pipe.  So if there is little to no fuel then there should be little to no pop.
Going either way from the perfect afr that causes popping would work. I've always found going richer more productive, for me at lower rpms. The object is to screw the mixture ratio up so it won't ignite in the pipe. Lean/rich both work. Leaning could be better at the higher decel rpms. :nix:
Ron

FLTRI

Since we can only affect fuel and timing, those are the tools we have to work with.
Try this for decel pop:
Increase the 20kpa VE column by 20% from 1750-6000. Reduce the decel enleanment by 50%.
If that works or helps you can continue in that direction. That takes care of 80-90% of decel backfiring assuming no exhaust leaks.
If that strategy makes the condition worse go the same way from the base in the opposite direction, decreasing 20kpa VEs by 20% and increase the decel enleanment by 50%.
If those don't take care of the issue you definitely have an exhaust issue causing your pop.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

joe_lyons

Quote from: FLTRI on April 11, 2015, 10:07:36 AM
Since we can only affect fuel and timing, those are the tools we have to work with.
Try this for decel pop:
Increase the 20kpa VE column by 20% from 1750-6000. Reduce the decel enleanment by 50%.
If that works or helps you can continue in that direction. That takes care of 80-90% of decel backfiring assuming no exhaust leaks.
If that strategy makes the condition worse go the same way from the base in the opposite direction, decreasing 20kpa VEs by 20% and increase the decel enleanment by 50%.
If those don't take care of the issue you definitely have an exhaust issue causing your pop.
Bob
After disabling auto tune basic.

rbabos

April 11, 2015, 04:28:38 PM #616 Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 05:39:46 PM by rbabos
Quote from: joe_lyons on April 11, 2015, 12:07:10 PM
Try this for decel pop:
Bob
:up: Yes. For no other reason the timing is upped +4 when disabled. This alone could cure the popping.
Ron

FLTRI

Quote from: rbabos on April 11, 2015, 04:28:38 PM
Quote from: joe_lyons on April 11, 2015, 12:07:10 PM
Try this for decel pop:
Bob
:up: Yes. For no other reason the timing is upped +4 when disabled. This alone could cure the popping.
Ron
As Joe mentioned when calibration is in autotune state the decel fueling is driven rich or lean depending on how the exhaust presents O2 to the sensors. Reversion for,example.

Generally decel popping is extinguished by increasing decel fueling.
This, however must be done AFTER autotune has been accomplished and the calibration returned to normal run state.

If decel popping can only be reduced by removing fuel the exhaust system is exacerbating the issue. ie: early FLH y-pipe and drag pipes being worse case.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Sarhan

Is it possible to lock up the MAP by PV to avoid plying/changing anything on the MAP by anyone even the bike owner?

Thanks

joe_lyons

Quote from: Sarhan on September 07, 2015, 02:51:34 PM
Is it possible to lock up the MAP by PV to avoid plying/changing anything on the MAP by anyone even the bike owner?

Thanks
They used to have that but then I guess it wasn't a popular feature and they did away with it. You might be able to ask Dyno yet if they can do it for you but I don't know for sure.

Sarhan

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 07, 2015, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: Sarhan on September 07, 2015, 02:51:34 PM

Thanks
They used to have that but then I guess it wasn't a popular feature and they did away with it. You might be able to ask Dyno yet if they can do it for you but I don't know for sure.

Thanks Joe

Sunny Jim

Makdaddy

Whats the longevity of the Powervision?
How many issues with the display.
anyone running the PV on the Bike all the time. I would like to monitor AFR real time while I ride
I would like to run it , but if the display starts having issues after a few years I may reconsider.

Whats the expected longevity? Fuel Motto has a nice 2 year warranty.
But I would hope to get longer then 2 years out of one before I have to replace it or repair it.  (Using it on the Bike when ever I ride) , if they even do that

2010 Ultra

joe_lyons

I've had mine on my bike for 4 years. I use mine as my speedo and it has been through most of the elements.  No issues.

Jamie Long

as I answered on another forum...

The Power Vision is a very robust unit. We have many thousands of them in the field and I can count on one hand the number we have warrantied ever. We have been using the same unit in house in the dyno room day in-day out with hundreds of tune licenses married to it since 2011, this unit has been "well used" and still works perfectly. If anyone has a PV unit they have purchased from Fuel Moto with any kind of issues even if it is out of warranty in most cases we can take care of it, the only exception is if there is physical damage such as if it had been dropped or if the screen is damaged. (like the unit that was sent in non-functional that had dog bites on the screen)