learning TTS...2012 Dyna , supertrapp, ac , all stock

Started by cbs06, October 01, 2012, 06:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbs06

Made a few runs seemed to have filled it nicely.
But still wondering if it was done right to finalize it.. Many questions, to many to list.
I wonder if anyone would care to review my runs, final and advise on it all.
Runs good, wondering things like to lean, was runs to hot, set to original or base line ect..
www.box.com/s/faelq6wgoi8n90qteq2s
put all the files in one folder , hope I did it right.. I have tuned many diesels before this is different for sure

EGNBLUE

Quote from: cbs06 on October 01, 2012, 06:36:13 AM
Made a few runs seemed to have filled it nicely.
But still wondering if it was done right to finalize it.. Many questions, to many to list.
I wonder if anyone would care to review my runs, final and advise on it all.
Runs good, wondering things like to lean, was runs to hot, set to original or base line ect..

Post and we'll take a look.

cbs06

Fixed link to Box.net , Thanks for the info.....
when I set to original after final there are a lot of .1000 .....when I set to baseline there at .967 from the starting file I Got for a matching bike setup ? not sure what to use.

EGNBLUE

Quote from: cbs06 on October 01, 2012, 07:25:03 AM
http://www.4shared.com/zip/RMKT85ga/JAy__2012_dyna_fatbob_Suppertr.html
Tried putting pictures up did not  work, hope someone gets file and reviews what i did so far..
above all files and pictures of progress done. 
when i set to original after final there are a lot of .1000 .....when I set to baseline there at .967 from the starting file I Got for a matching bike setup ? not sure what to use.

Sorry man, but the link required me to open an account and download their application before I could look at your files.  Just don't trust these sites.

Coyote

:agree:   I looked earlier and bailed on it.  You (CBS06) need to upload your native files. No one is going to want to download an EXE file even if it is suppose to be a self extracting ZIP.

wurk_truk

Oh No!

cbs06

fixed link

wurk_truk

The reason you get no comments is you posted pix and not the actual tuning files themselves.  Most here will NOT comment on pix alone, we wish to see the actual tuning files so we can play the Histograms and datamaster ourselves and also look inside the tuning files to see whats up.

Not saying you will THEN get help, but saying that is the way TO get help.

We all have Mastertune, etc, so we all have the necessary programs to open YOUR program saved files, OK?  Get what I am saying?  You should post the actual DM3 files and the MT8 or MT7 files you have.

Where in Ohio you from, anyways?
Oh No!

FSG

Quote....., man how times have changed .. 

From when ?

Member: cbs06
Date Registered: 01 October 2012

wurk_truk

From YESTERDAY was what I thought.  HEHEHE!!! :hyst: :hyst:

Nicer weather in Ohio today and tomorrow....  than yesterday.
Oh No!

cbs06

Very limited days  from now on but will squeak a few good rides in. Docs tomorrow in Sheffield

hrdtail78

Quote from: wurk_truk on October 03, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
The reason you get no comments is you posted pix and not the actual tuning files themselves.  Most here will NOT comment on pix alone, we wish to see the actual tuning files so we can play the Histograms and datamaster ourselves and also look inside the tuning files to see whats up.

Not saying you will THEN get help, but saying that is the way TO get help.

We all have Mastertune, etc, so we all have the necessary programs to open YOUR program saved files, OK?  Get what I am saying?  You should post the actual DM3 files and the MT8 or MT7 files you have.

Where in Ohio you from, anyways?

I agree  kind of like looking at a dyno sheet and judging the tune.
Semper Fi

cbs06

50 plus downloads and no reviews
go for it . they are up

wurk_truk

October 07, 2012, 01:34:17 PM #14 Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:06:11 PM by wurk_truk
I can't seem to get ANY of those files to open correctly.  Mastertune will simply not open at all, and the datamaster v-tune files are ALL corrupted.

My bad, my PC was opening the old TTS versions even though they said they were opening new versions, as soon as I manually opened with Datamaster2 and Mastertune 2, they opened fine.

OK, back to the OP.

When you play back the Histograms, like I just played back v-tune#4, you are NOT filling out the v-tune run very well, IMHO.  WHere do you live?  Do you have any hills and such?  Have any close by?
Oh No!

wurk_truk

October 08, 2012, 07:01:52 PM #15 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:14:11 PM by wurk_truk
Here is more of what I mean.

Here is a pic with the light green cell.  See how many hits?

Now here is a dark green cell, see how many fewer hits are in that cell?

Now... here is the Histogram from your fourth run.

Compare all three.  First you will notice the small purple squares.  I pointed to a cell with light green and purple square with RED.  That is the ONE cell/row that was done 'correctly".  What you want to do is hit all the ends of the rows, from say 1750 or 2000 on down to 5000 rpm with those green squares and purple boxes.  The boxes will tell you if enough data was received in that cell to final off the row at 80-83 KPA, AND... that there is enough data there to allow you to use the auto extend function.

See that lone red cell with the blue arrow, down HERE is where all of your runs should end...  finish off the 5k row and have some reds and greens in the 5500 row.

See all of the black arrows?  These are rows that were not completed, or didn't try.

When you generate your v-tune, do you see the yellow squares and either end of the rows?  That means NO data was collected.  You are doing excellent with it so far, because all of that white, in the v-tune cells, means you have collected enough data.  You asked how to 'finish' this tune, using v-tune?  Well, here you are, get those green boxes with purple squares in there, so you can auto extend the rows with some confidence that the data was correct.

After you have done this a few times, then we could maybe walk you through a little bit of timing changes, which will make the bike run better and cooler, too.

Oh... turn OFF the DE and the AE while you are doing the runs I am asking for.

It may be helpful if you aere to mark your throttle with some tape.  You want two pieces of tape, one on the housing and one on the grip.  On the housing, you want to make three marks if possible.  The first one will be towards you on the housing and it will be zero.  On the grip, mark an arrow and it should point to zero.  Next, see if you can figure out half throttle, mark the housing where the grip arrow hits that.  Now, split the difference for a 25% throttle mark.

Then, while doing v-tune runs, try to saty around that 25% mark, a little above and a little lower.  After looking at the next histogram or two, you will see how this helps and can adjust your riding to help too.  Also, you really want to go find some hills.  Whay you wish to do is go find the hills, and then start powering up the hills to simulate a load on the engine (well,  it is a LOAD!)  You want to go up with a steady throttle as possible and try to 'jump' rpm ranges so that you stay within a couple hundred for a second or two.  With the bike running, you can get off, lift the lid of the laptop, and review, because before you left, you set it up to 'view' the Histogram before you left.  Get back on the bike, and try again.

Oh No!

cbs06

Thanks will digest this and setup better place for runs.   
Again Thanks

cbs06

6th run today 2 hours drive time few stops
getting the hang of it , just some areas hard to hit.