May 08, 2024, 09:17:58 PM

News:

The 110 mph barrier

Started by kevindreux, January 23, 2013, 02:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevindreux

Have any of you experienced not being able to go faster than 110 mph on your late model twin cam bike with stock ecm regardless of engine build . This is not a rev limit issue.   :angry:
Kevin T.

Soft 02

Nope. Hit 120 with a stage one set up. Gotta do it in 5th gear though.
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

rbabos

Didn't see that with the 120. Just another number to go past.
Ron

Coff 06

After dealer installed my 95" Stage II BB with flash to ECM on my 06 FXSTSI,I was able to peg the speedo at will.      Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Daniel Lee

Jaycee1964

No problems at all here.  Hit that all the time and then some.
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Unbalanced

No problem here with the speedo.

While they maybe off, having no issue getting past 110.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

funracer2

hell thats just a red line shift thought some of the gears  :wink:  :scoot:

Panzer

112 on an 07' Sporty.....stock.
I know it's not a twin cam......me bad
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Soft 02

Quote from: Panzer on January 23, 2013, 07:10:22 PM
112 on an 07' Sporty.....stock.
I know it's not a twin cam......me bad

You sure you wernt lookin at kph???
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

Tsani

ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

HV

110 Mph =177.028 KMPH  ....thats when I shift in to 6th  :nix:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

strokerjlk

Quote from: kevindreux on January 23, 2013, 02:43:15 PM
Have any of you experienced not being able to go faster than 110 mph on your late model twin cam bike with stock ecm regardless of engine build . This is not a rev limit issue.   :angry:
Yes ,a stock and or a weak stage 1 bagger has a hell of a time past 100 mph in 6 th gear.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

prodrag1320

here in the daytona area,your bike BETTER do 110+ or you`ll get run over by cars

hbkeith

never had a stock one (as OP posted) hit 110

Coff 06

OP is talking stock ECM with any given build,not just a stock bike.My stock 06  88" would take all day and still prob would not make it       Coff 06

Now my 98" with a tuner gets there before your ready :wink:
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

HogMike

Quote from: kevindreux on January 23, 2013, 02:43:15 PM

I have the stock ECM but with my own tune, does that count??
:potstir:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Tsani

So I guess if you just change the rev lit the ECM isn't stock any more.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

hrdtail78

My speedo on my 09 goes to 140, so does my needle. (not stock) Some tuning devices even fix the limit on cruise.
Semper Fi

PoorUB

I had my '05 Ultra up to 110 MPH a couple of times. It would get to 105 but the next 5MPH were tough to get. After the big bore, cams and Power Comander it would roll past 120 MPH no problem. Never did try top it out.

Now with my 2010 Ultra I can not even get to 105 MPH. I tossed in a set of cams last fall, I will see after a proper tune how fast she will go.

Which brings up the question, 88" to 96" and less pull on the top end. I realize gearing is differant to, but it was run up in foth, then shift into 5th and still no 105. You would think that the 8 more cubes would at least get you the same top end, or is the gearing that screwed up?
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

strokerjlk

QuoteWhich brings up the question, 88" to 96" and less pull on the top end. I realize gearing is differant to, but it was run up in foth, then shift into 5th and still no 105. You would think that the 8 more cubes would at least get you the same top end, or is the gearing that screwed up?
you should be able to hit 105-115 mph (speedo) in 5th on a 96 ci 6 sp stock bike.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

HogMike

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 24, 2013, 03:08:48 PM
My speedo on my 09 goes to 140, so does my needle. (not stock) Some tuning devices even fix the limit on cruise.

My speedo only goes to 120......I guess the '10's are slower!
:scratch:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

flhr

I have hit 115 on charlotte motor speedway with a cam change and pc111, it felt like it had a little more but there were other people on the trac and i didnt want to get close to them, was also 2 up at the time

hrdtail78

Semper Fi

Panzer

I'm glad most of you aren't fisherman, or we would hear some whopper fish stories too. :emoGroan: :potstir:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.