May 08, 2024, 10:56:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

110 motors and tuning

Started by 98fxstc, January 29, 2013, 04:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guydoc77

Quote from: BVHOG on February 01, 2013, 01:40:27 PM
Kinda quiet here, all the guys in this thread can argue with each other in person at the Expo this weekend.

Just curious Bob.
When are you going to start VTuning on your dyno?
I'll bet you're looking forward to ditching the two screens and the DTT hardware.
Sounds like the TTS will eliminate the need for all of that now.  :potstir:

BVHOG

February 01, 2013, 05:37:50 PM #51 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:34:36 PM by BVHOG
The sad part is we all have common interests and all want the same thing, a bike that runs great when it leaves our shop. Too bad things have to get to this point but the world would be dull if everyone agreed on everything and no progress would get done, kinda like the 60's hippie era :teeth:
Doc, I am ditching the two screens, at least one small one anyway, a flat screen in front of the dyno is going in on the 7th, can't wait, can watch Bonanza reruns as well.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

lonewolf

Quote from: BVHOG on February 01, 2013, 05:37:50 PM
The sad part is we all have common interests and all want the same thing, a bike that runs great when it leaves our shop.

I agree with that.  :up:

hrdtail78

Quote from: BVHOG on February 01, 2013, 05:37:50 PM
The sad part is we all have common interests and all want the same thing, a bike that runs great when it leaves our shop. Too bad things have to get to this point but the world would be dull if everyone agreed on everything and no progress would get done, kinda like the 60's hippie era :teeth:
Doc, I am ditching the two screens, at least one small one anyway, a flat screen in front of the dyno is going in on the 7th, can't wait, can watch Bonanza reruns as well.

I also agree 100%. IMO HTT as gone  as far as it going to go as far as tuning. We are still on tuning 101. Some of us could move on, and have moved on.
Semper Fi

Rider57

Quote from: 98fxstc on January 31, 2013, 01:09:57 AM
Quote from: Rider57 on January 30, 2013, 11:18:44 PM
I tune with a gas analyzer (Horiba 5 gas) and TTS, I have a Superflow CycleDyne and now a DJ 250I.

A tune I did last summer, 1 year ago, was all closed loop up to 5500rpm. Got 54mpg at 5600'

Thanks Rider
I misunderstood.
I thought you may have a technique for road tuning to get the high map areas.
But you have a garage full of technology!

Can you use the gas analyzer to check the accuracy of the o2 sensors?
That is exactly why I use it. The O2 sensors go bad too quickly in the Harley environment.
Many times because the system is set too lean or too rich.
It is a switch, and a very good one if used within it's design parameter's
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.