May 08, 2024, 02:10:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

windows 8 and TTS

Started by Paul in Alaska, March 04, 2013, 06:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul in Alaska

Will last years version of TTS work with windows 8 anytime soon?
Been riding, dragging feet on the ice and snow...

1931jamesw

March 04, 2013, 10:42:45 PM #1 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:10:31 AM by INDEPENDENT 1
Is it not working now? I have a new batch of TTS MasterTune2 tuners here and considered a new Windows 8 system for the dyno. Vicky at TTS said they did not know yet if it was compatible with Windows 8 so I held off on the new computer.

hrdtail78

I think wurk truk uses it on a tablet that has 8 on it.  Maybe that is the older version. ??

OT  I would go to best buy or something and play with 8 on a regular machine before buying.  I don't like it at all.  Seems it is set up for touch screen and doesn't play with a mouse as well.
Semper Fi

Rider57

Works on mine. 8 Pro here.
107ci, 408b, 10:5:1, Heads by Wes Brown, Thunders.

wurk_truk

March 05, 2013, 12:44:13 PM #4 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:46:39 PM by wurk_truk
It wiull work on Win8 fine Paul.  I use win8 on a touchscreen PC of mine, take it on vacations and even used it at Docs.

James, I would NOt use Win 8 on a dyno machine for more than simply WIn8 is a pain in the ass.  Win7 is now a mature operating system.  Ms always seems to have a dud, then good, then a dud, then good.  ME sucked!  XP was GREAT, vista sucked! and Win 7 is GREAT, so... Win8 may take a bit.

I just ordered a Vostro from Dell with Win7 for home PC.  Using a Dell XPS 850, with win 7 for dyno.  Ordering direct?  One could still get XP machines until last year.  I imagine getting Win7 machines will be the same.  NO off the shelf at Best Buy, but ordering will do the trick and keep you up with a GOOD PC.
Oh No!

ViennaHog

WIN8 can easily be configured to have the same touch and feel as WIN7. There are several good applications that rebuild the start button. So no reason to go back to Win7 or even worse XP which will no longer be supported by mid 2014.

wurk_truk

I feel add on button, just take away from things and add slowness where it should not be needed.  I have run Wib8 on desktop and touchscreen..  GREAT on a touchscreen, and see NO improvement for a desktop.
Oh No!

Paul in Alaska

So the RT version found on tablets is different from Windows 8. Will RT work with TTS? Looking to build a better mousetrap here...Tablet for tuning the bike. All mounted on the bars.............

Paul in Alaska

feng jui

RT is not made to run native Windows Applications, so I guess RT will not work.

OT: However, I'd wish TTS being able to record data without any Computer connected to it directly on a flash storage. That would help a lot on the street (however, not required for a dyno run). I was really thinking if Powervision isn't the better choice but just received my TTS this week and now need to figure out where to carry he Laptop.

wolf_59

Quote from: feng jui on March 09, 2013, 02:54:47 AM
RT is not made to run native Windows Applications, so I guess RT will not work.

OT: However, I'd wish TTS being able to record data without any Computer connected to it directly on a flash storage. That would help a lot on the street (however, not required for a dyno run). I was really thinking if Powervision isn't the better choice but just received my TTS this week and now need to figure out where to carry he Laptop.

I found it is easier for me to use a backpack to put the laptop in

wurk_truk

March 09, 2013, 08:32:28 AM #11 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:01:30 AM by wurk_truk
You want to make the TTS easier to use than the Vision?  Carry the laptop in a backpack AND go to Amazon and purchase a 7" USB powered monitor.  This is like $100 US.

You will THEN see everything needed to not just obtain a good data run, but you will see what a dyno tuner sees when running V-Tune.  Makes for a GREAT data run.

Reade this post:http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,56024.msg594230.html#msg594230

That shows a histogram and how to understand it a bit.

Here is one 'how-to' on the monitor.  http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,37903.msg550479.html#msg550479

Here is how I did my monitor set up.  http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,33738.msg346849.html#msg346849
Oh No!

hrdtail78

I cabled tied a Acer Aspire One to the hadlebars of a trike I did a couple of weeks ago.  Worked out great.
Semper Fi

slo-poke 03

will the older black box TTS work with the new windows 8 that is on the newer computers.

Coyote

The color of the box doesn't matter. The version of the PC software might but last I heard, it works with win 8.

Hilly13

Just because its said don't make it so

Harleyrider09

When I program my TTS with my decks top it works fine but now  I got a new laptop with windows 8 and when I try to down load a new map and click on programming functions I get a box pop up that says "vehicle communicate check"  No Vehicle Communication.
  When you open the Save, Restore Program calibration window it is green and says attached.
Any ideas what would make it do this?

Thank
Mike

Tsani

May 21, 2013, 08:34:43 AM #17 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:07:47 AM by FSG
Sounds like a driver issue with the laptop.
Looks like your software is seeing the VCI but not the bike.
Could also be a cable problem.
Loading or reloading the drivers is what I would do first.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

Harleyrider09

Thanks,
I reloaded the driver and also changed to a different set of cables but still won't communicate.

Coyote

Harleyrider09

Tsani

I just re-read your first post.
I misread it the first time around.
I am not up on Windows 8.
But it sounds to me like there may have been a problem with the software installation on the laptop.
I would try re-installing the software and re-trying.
Other than that, I think your best bet is to get hold of TTS.

ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

hrdtail78

Are you automaticly trying to find a com port or you letting TTS get one?
Semper Fi

Harleyrider09

This is the mastertune 2 so I don't think I need to do anything but let it auto detect?