May 09, 2024, 03:15:14 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Does TTS lock out HD's Digital Tech

Started by FLTRI, March 14, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffd

Quote from: joe_lyons50023 on March 23, 2013, 11:52:37 AM
I think you can put just about anything in there PV or tts.

when I had to go back for the abs brake recall last year I had my TTS cal named the same as the SE street legal calibration number and that is how it showed up.

rigidthumper

My TTS cal ID shows up as "badmufugga" on DT.
It used to have 32410-87A ( 1100 XL ignition module part number) just as a goof
I'll Try to get a screen shot next time it's hooked up.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

mayor

Quote from: hrdtail78 on March 23, 2013, 07:51:07 AM
Good stuff.  Thanks Joe.
:agree:  very good indeed Joe.  :up:

Quote from: rigidthumper on March 23, 2013, 08:35:47 PM
My TTS cal ID shows up as "badmufugga" on DT.
It used to have 32410-87A ( 1100 XL ignition module part number) just as a goof
I'll Try to get a screen shot next time it's hooked up.
I think I might call mine "for a good time dial 1-800-Max-Headflow"   :hyst:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

mayor

Quote from: BVHOG on March 23, 2013, 07:53:49 AM
His [SC] products are dominating this this section due to the continual problems in trying to make the average Joe into a tuner and the rest is people unhappy about the lockup status.
I don't disagree that there are quite a lot of posts in this section from fellows who aren't experienced with tuning and will never transition to being experienced pro tuners, but I also think that this section help make create some better than the average Joe's in regards to tuning.  Yea, there are some folks who will post that have no business playing with tuning, but for each of them there seems to be at least an equal share that enjoy learning this stuff once they get their feet a little wet.  I really think TTS dominates this section due to popularity, and it wouldn't be popular if the system didn't work.  Overall, I think that most here will agree that the system itself is a very good system. 

After the work that Robin and Joe did on testing the lock out concerns, I'm actually not at all concerned with the lock out issue.  I know these guys know what they are doing, so I trust the end results.  I can understand why Steve did what he did, but I can see where it will cause issues from time to time. The only thing I would have liked to have seen on TTS's end was more clear info to the consumer of exactly what he was doing software wise to the ecm.  There should be a clear warning, and a reference to call TTS if there is an issue with locking out the ECM.   If there is a warning, I haven't noticed it.  I've only played with the PV on one occasion, but I really liked that it gave a person the ability to pull the flashed tune and build a tune off of that.  I don't currently see TTS moving in that direction based on the lock out policy, but maybe if that becomes a popular demand from consumers they might.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions