May 08, 2024, 02:12:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124 Hurricane update...

Started by Mother, April 24, 2013, 04:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mother

Decided last minute to change to a different clutch....so while waiting for it to be shipped in we decided to work on the exhaust port a lil more. Hitting the flow bench today( again) to see if a 1.700" valve will pick up the flow. will be posting flow numbers soon...really want to put the motor in the bike next week so Ken Miller(Ken Miller customs) can tune her
155hp/149tq Hyperformance iron cylinder 131. JW Performance heads

Ohio HD

Cool, I know you have to be chomping at the bit.  So you apparently liked what Ken Miller had to say? I too have been leaning possibly that way for a tune, just not sure how experienced he is with TTS. In your case with carburation, I think he's gonna be top notch.

Mother

Yeah with the S&S I believe I am in good hands.....I have been back and forth about just bolting it together and running it or squeeze a lil more flow out of the heads...maybe just maybe if I get the heads where I want I wont hve to tear it down next year to do fix the what if's....maybe just a cam change to experiment

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Mother

we ended up staying with the 1.635  valve, but  made  modification and now the exhaust port sounds a lot cleaner

build it

Youre in good hands with those heads mother, I just got back from OH.
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

Mother

knight,  yeah I'm in real good hands.  John is sharp  and a real good guy.  sorry to hear bout your B2's. I should be slipping the motor into the frame in a day or two and hopefully lighting her up Sunday  for heat cycles.

TorQuePimp

Sure sounds different  :nix:

Kinda like the 1.675 Ideer Dave.....I like it

build it

April 25, 2013, 06:29:44 PM #8 Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:32:33 PM by build it
I thought the b2 heads were very noisy; overall, how did yours sound, start to finish?
I do like the idea of keeping the exhaust valve small, might leave room for a bigger intake valve later.

Mother

Buld it, I am running SE Hurricanes not B2's. The intake valve and port is plenty BIG enough....we changed a few things on the exhaust port and the sound became a lot cleaner sounding

build it

I know you're running he Hurricane heads, I was just saying my ports were noisy.

NCTURBOS

Mother... I know I'm anxious to see your new motor come to life.  Should be a monster!  Seems there is quite a few big motors coming together this spring.  Hopefully, if time allows I'll get my 'lil 95" back together soon...

K.
-Boosted 95" B... 160.75-hp & 141.55-tq, 93-octane
-2017 FLTRXS... Stock

Mother

Sorry Build it...multitasking.....

build it

Mother

I can't wait...monday we might have the heads done..bolt them on and slip the motor in.. then the heat cycles

No Cents

Quote from: Mother on April 27, 2013, 05:46:40 PM
I can't wait...monday we might have the heads done..bolt them on and slip the motor in.. then the heat cycles
:up:
:pop:

Mother

Ray, I will let you know how Monday goes!

No Cents

FXDRYDR

Mother

bolting the heads on this a.m.   should have motor ready to slip in this afternoon

1FSTRK

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Durwood

Quote from: Mother on April 30, 2013, 04:56:40 AM
bolting the heads on this a.m.   should have motor ready to slip in this afternoon
:up: :up: :pop:

Mother

waiting...for...the...first set of lifters to bleed down.... :pop:
I will have to finish the next set in the morning

Mother

At least I remembered to bolt in the ACR's before the rocker assemblies!

No Cents

chewing gum...and eatin  :pop: at the same time
damn kernels
next you'll have me bitting my nails  :hyst: