May 02, 2024, 03:58:28 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124" build...I'll let the cat out of the bag

Started by No Cents, July 07, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2006FXDCI

2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

wfolarry

rbabos

Nice. I'll take that any day over those dumb cams.
Ron

HighLiner

No Cents

thank you Larry & Ron!  :up:
The adjusters have the same travel distance as the axle slot in the factory swing arm.

Ray

Just Nick

Looks Great Ray glad you finally got those adjusters in and were able so machine the so quick to work for your bike.  :up:
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

jmorton10

HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

04 SE Deuce

You could of just pulled one plug wire off and that axle would have most likely stayed put. 

TA63

Glad to see this worked well for you Ray.  I have a 99 RK with a later model swing arm and a 180 tire.  I can't keep the chain tight and will explore this option over the winter.

Matt C

Lot's of cool stuff and great info from what I've seen on here. It's definitely a candidate for "marathon thread".

Should have broken it up a bit to keep the interest up... 2cents :SM:

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: MCE on September 15, 2016, 08:32:40 PM
Lot's of cool stuff and great info from what I've seen on here. It's definitely a candidate for "marathon thread".

:up: :up: :up:  :hyst:

No Cents

Quote from: Admiral Akbar on September 15, 2016, 08:38:49 PM
Quote from: MCE on September 15, 2016, 08:32:40 PM

:up: :up: :up:  :hyst:

:agree:

Smarty

Personally, I like it the way it is. Following one individual thru his dream and goal on the journey of making his bike and engine just like he wants it. Learning and changing along the way perfecting the end product. It show soundly how changing one part can change others to accommodate that change, then having to backtrack and do something else because those changes didn't arrive at the desired effect. I love it Ray, keep it up. Can't wait for the next turn.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

98fxstc

September 16, 2016, 04:28:22 PM #4889 Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:30:41 PM by 98fxstc
Lots of really good info
Some really good home grown R&D

Only problem I have with this thread is trying to find something I remember reading about when it becomes relevant to something I am doing.

CowboyTutt

Yeah, this thread needs a "Table of Contents" or index or something......the time it spent in Earls can be the Apocrypha where it lost its way for a bit.   :bike:  LOL 

-Tutt 

Hossamania

The Admiral was doing what he thought best.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

No Cents

another year goes by and the old Duracell is still running as strong as it ever has.
Here is my most common problem with it.  :hyst:

[attach=0]

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

No Cents

Robin I don't think I can get a car tire to fit with that 08 swingarm and rear fender. I run a 160/60-18 on the rear. That's about all the wider I can go without changing the fender and swingarm out.  Hell I first thought you was talking about the darkside being a M8. 
  The old Duracell likes to spin the rear tire too much.    :smilep:   If I'm easy on it...and if I ride like I got some sense I can get a whole season out of a rear tire...but that seems to be my problem...I got no cents.   :hyst:

FXDBI

Quote from: No Cents on November 10, 2020, 11:52:21 AM
  Robin I don't think I can get a car tire to fit with that 08 swingarm and rear fender. I run a 160/60-18 on the rear. That's about all the wider I can go without changing the fender and swingarm out.  Hell I first thought you was talking about the darkside being a M8. 
  The old Duracell likes to spin the rear tire too much.    :smilep:   If I'm easy on it...and if I ride like I got some sense I can get a whole season out of a rear tire...but that seems to be my problem...I got no cents.   :hyst:

04 SE Deuce

Friends don't encourage friends to put car tars on thur mowdursickle!!   :doh:

itsafatboy

nice list , if you want the most stable cam support look at this
http://www.rrcycles.com/shop/cam-support-covers-oil-pumps-c-7_10_14/rr-cycles-2-piece-cam-cover-99-up-p-68.html

also i like their roller rockers better than SS , they also sell the 3 stage pump from sayer for this plate,

i run this on a 116"  the cam plate is a beast , i also vent it you dont have to but the option is there

kd

Quote from: itsafatboy on November 10, 2020, 02:24:29 PM
nice list , if you want the most stable cam support look at this
http://www.rrcycles.com/shop/cam-support-covers-oil-pumps-c-7_10_14/rr-cycles-2-piece-cam-cover-99-up-p-68.html

also i like their roller rockers better than SS , they also sell the 3 stage pump from sayer for this plate,

i run this on a 116"  the cam plate is a beast , i also vent it you dont have to but the option is there

:scratch: 
KD