May 08, 2024, 11:29:34 AM

News:

Bagger wobble and the gizmos for sale

Started by Bakon, November 06, 2008, 07:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Akbar

Quotehttp://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/touring-family-general-discussion/131813-before-you-start-slapping-rear-stabilizers.html

This has good info.. I'm not sure I understand how bad the rubber donut could cause swingarm side to side on the tranny. Could see in the frame though.. Will probbly check on next tire replace.. Or when building the motor..

Food for thought..

1. Baggers that wobble from day 1, bad donuts or was the spacing on the donuts between the frame too wide and there wasn't not enough clamoing force on the swing-arm / motor / donuts to limit side to sidw.

2. Bending the cross member on the frame actually pulls the frme together some.. Wondering is straughting might cause handing issues..

HRK,

Curious about new cleve blocks though they may not fit a late bagger. Got a link..

Max

hrlvenegas

Try Accu Trak    stabilizer by ridestraightinc.com..........end your wobble problems

hotroadking

Go to http://www.fatbaggers.com/

It may or may not be listed, last time I did it you had to call

Basically they sell excellent condition take offs with axle for the newer swingarms

If you have an older bike with the narrow pivot shaft, the previous solution was to pull the case (Tranny) bore it out so that the new thicker pivot shaft would fit.  FBI makes the blocs with the correct ID for either the old or new sized pivot, you just tell them what you have, that way, no boring, same shaft simple install.

I will tell you that dissasembly of the old parts was easy the swing arm came right out and the black spacer/donuts fell out, when we put the new swing arm in with the new black donuts, it was tight tight tight when putting the covers back on the pivot, Took a bit of work to get it all done but it was obvious the old stuff was worn.

Bakon

Finally got the Bagger Brace. Real nice installation. Everything labled, good instructions. Now I need the rain to stop so I can go hit that same piece of road that started all this.

Riding to Myrtle Beach on Sat. but want to test it out before that on some Pennsylvania twisties.
wasting time

loc

Congrats. After 204 posts on this thread you pulled the trigger. Hope it works out well for you. Have fun at Suck Bang and Blow! :smiled:
08 Ultra---103/255---SE AC---2:1 SuperTrapp---Super Tuner---LMR-002---82:102

Bakon

And how many posts would there have been on the timing for the old blue softail? Got to look for my girl selling beer now.
wasting time

Deye76

Quote from: SHOStreetglide on May 04, 2009, 08:47:29 PM
Finally got the Bagger Brace. Real nice installation. Everything labled, good instructions. Now I need the rain to stop so I can go hit that same piece of road that started all this.

Riding to Myrtle Beach on Sat. but want to test it out before that on some Pennsylvania twisties.
SHO, after your ride to MB, can you let us know if there was any increse in felt vibration? Thanks.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

madjack

So can somebody tell me whats the difference between the twrbaggerplus, and the ride-str8. either one can be made with a few pieces of scrap iron an 2 hiem joints for about $20.00. I spend maybe 1.5 hr fabing, another 1hr or so installing, depending on exhust. I guess I just don't get the cost factor ,of not biulding one your self. Gene  P.S. just look at the pics, I have a harder time with tinker toys lol

Eglider05

I've had 4 guys ride my bike since I put the Bagger Brace on last summer. Guess what the next purchase was for all 4 of them? As far as I'm concerned that says it all.

Rick

RoadKingTrooper

Give the forks a shake about 30 mph and watch the twist in them now instead of the rear :smile:

Max makes a valid point as always :teeth: Yeah, I could have swapped cleveblocks, shimmed the swingarm and spent a lot more money to possibly correct it, but in the end I would still have the same parts to wear and eventually replace again.

Baggerbrace? It is fixed now for good unless the link wears out

JMHO

buffalobill

I just had work done on 06 flhx . 95 ",tw21 cams, race tuner , new front tire stock dunlop . I never had a wobble problem before . Just got back from a 2500 mile trip & sweeping turns scared the hell out of me . :wtf:

crazy joe

Check that front tire for out of round.... maybe its not setting on the rim right

vinnyvavoom

you might want to check your front motor mount and heim joint as well while you are at it.

PS - i got the twrbaggers item and I absolutely love it, ride is better and craftsmanship is superb!!!  :gob:
VinnyVavoom

Life is a short warm moment, Death is a long cold rest

jambo

A friend han a 01 RK which had a wobble at high speed. Beeing a junk yard mechanic we took 2 long florecent bulbs used them as streight edges, checked the allignment of front and rear wheel , it was out slightly. Brought rear in line and had no more problems. Simple fix , didnt cost anything and the best part it worked :smilep:

Bakon

Quote from: Deye76 on May 06, 2009, 07:21:03 AM

SHO, after your ride to MB, can you let us know if there was any increse in felt vibration? Thanks.

Bike has some vibration but I have called it the Boneshaker since new. (Taken from the show Deadwood on HBO, it was the tall bicycle they rode around the sidewalk on a bet) Anyways it is nice. Feels solid everywhere. 100mph in a sweeper, could have went faster if the wife wasn't hitting me in the head. I would recommend the Bagger Brace to anyone who asked. The vibration is minor and doesn't cause the mirrors or anything to be unusable at any speed or rpm. Watched my buddies bone stock 08 Ultra at a light, seemed to vibrate just as much but maybe he feels less in the handlebars. But it is a solid feeling.
wasting time